1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Working on gameplay learner aids

Discussion in 'Rules' started by wes-o-matic, May 21, 2020.

1. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic Well-Known Member

Hi there! I'm going to try to play some (socially distanced) CodeOne with a friend soon, and I wanted to make some quick-reference game aids for us as we get the hang of the system; he's played the intro missions from Op: Icestorm and a few casual learning games but that's it, so I'm treating this like a fresh start for him, and a chance for me to get used to the differences in practice.

Here's the first one; it's an expanded version of the Orders & AROs quick reference from the back of the rulebook. If you're interested, please have a look and let me know what you think could be better.

Please note that I decided to go with somewhat large text for easy legibility at the table; I may do a more compact version later that fits more info onto a single sheet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYpbnO1kihnDlif0OfwSSWo0yI_hS_zR/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: After looking at it post-coffee today, I made some changes:

• Adjusted the layout to waste less space
    • Added an order structure key
    • Included clarifying wording on Automatic Skills regarding when they occur
    • Deleted the erroneous ARO icon on Climb
    Here's the revised version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZviH0guQkJ4UiUtsHRKacCYZjQtK7h_I/view?usp=sharing

#1 wes-o-matic, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    colbrook, ijw, Alfy and 4 others like this.
  2. Nurambar

Nurambar New Member

You, sir, are the hero America needs.

3. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks!

4. ijw

ijw Wargaming Trader, Freelance Editor (UK)
    Warcor

Very nice! I suggest making the section headers bold, to improve readability.

5. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Nice work, hope you do this for N4 also :innocent:

6. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic Well-Known Member

Thanks, all!

And yes, I plan to make one for N4. This one is an outgrowth of a similar document I was working on for N3, but I shelved it due to lack of actual games happening because, well, *gestures at pandemic*.