1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wonderful Blog by Lacey Cooke - winner at Gencon

Discussion in 'News' started by Roadrunner7431, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

What a treat to read the latest blog on the website by Lacey. Our developers from CB in Spain have an excellent functional command of English but to read her blog by a native English speaker is inspiring.
    My understanding of Spanish is not broad but I think that translating "Imaginando" to English as "Imaging" loses something. Even "Imagining" would not be quite correct even though it is a closer cognate. Perhaps abandoning the cognate altogether and translating as "Fond Recollections of Aristeia" might be better. I defer to those members who are native English speakers with a better command of Spanish than I do. Maybe even Lacey herself.

2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Imaging is definitely a mistranslation and imagining would be the literal one, but translating it as "Fond recollections of Aristeia" means dropping the actual meaning and intent of "Imaginando en Aristeia", although I agree that yours is a better title.
    It seems whoever chose the title wanted to highlight the beginning of the article and the narrative aspect of the game in which the players would imagine how the characters interact with one another, what stories happens between them, what they say and how they talk, and what nicknames they give each other or even the audience.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

@treiral Thank you for enriching my understanding of the Spanish word "Imaginando" Reading your post it seems that it has the sense of "Virtual Cosplay"

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation