1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiseKensai's Nomad Batreps

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by WiseKensai, Nov 23, 2017.

1. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

I believe he missed adding the Harris profile that the wild cats need. But if you lose 1 adhesive launcher from the Jaguars, you can upgrade the 17 point smuck to the 20 pt haris.

WiseKensai likes this.
  2. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

@SuperD, yes, I need the 0.5 SWC Haris guy for the WIldcats. It was a mistake. I saw the green check mark and just went with it. The folks on Facebook caught it (as did you) and I updated the batrep to reflect my mistake. As it turns out, it was mostly fine--I could've had the Wildcats in a core with the Jaguars unlinked, then switched the links later to move the Jaguars up. At that point I wasn't really using the Wildcats, so it would've been okay. Still a mistake though! Good catch. Thanks!

And yes, that's exactly right. Use Bandits and the Intruder to kill stuff to get the Jaguars in place while the Wildcats discourage movement. I don't generally use the Morans as attack pieces unless absolutely necessary. Their passive perks (Koalas and Repeaters) are often worth far more than a combi in the midfield, especially since the list has two Bandits.

3. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

I took your list for a game of Supremacy against ISS. I swapped out a panzerfaust jag for a chain rifle to get in the Harris Wildcart.

He had a slightly different ISS list. The Su-Jian and 8x Kuang-shi made the usual appearance but he also stuck in 3x Kanren and a Ninja KHD.

The Corregidor list was amazing with excellent, excellent mid-field control.

I went second. We were talking about the game before hand and the Wildcats, flash pulse bots, panzerfaust and Morans made a very intimidating ARO game for him to advance through. He tried to rambo with his Su-Jian. I revealed my bandit AHD too early, missed the isolation and promptly got ganked by a Kanren KHD. Fortunately, he wasn't needed as the wildcart Harris/panzerfaust jag took down the Su-Jian in ARO (but all died themselves... good trade!).

After that the second bandit cleaned up the mid-field by himself killing a whole whack of things. The Morans then popped up, moved their koalas into annoying locations and set them then sat in suppressive fire to kill the remainder in ARO. With very little left by the end of his second turn, he called it. I didn't even activate the Intruder and Massacre link other than than to push up with a single order for quadrants.

Interesting list idea, I really like it! Normally I get stuck in a rut with always taking Mcmurragh in Corregidor so it was nice to try something new. Plus this seems much more effective at a a Supremacy style mission rather than funneling all your orders into a suicidal werewolf.

4. WiseKensai

Warcor

@SuperD, glad you liked the list! I can't take credit, the core idea is from Seth Hancock who posted it on WGC Infinity. I just played a variant of the list with a Gecko to satisfy the TAG "requirement" for Deadly Dance and liked it. It went differently from your game in that the Jaguar core did pretty much all the work after the Intruder HMG cleared the board of AROs.
    One Man Bosozoku Gang
    Mission: Deadly Dance
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus Japanese Secessionist Army​

Seth was saying on WGC that he prefers the MSR Intruder because it gives him a stronger ARO presence. Like you, I found the Moran/Transductors to be a strong (enough?) ARO presence, and I think the HMG is muuuch stronger at clearing out AROs in the first turn, unless you're a wizard at predicting where enemy's stuff will be during deployment and can plan to outrange them all.

In general, I find the HMG is more reliable at punching through link team AROs and more consistent. It's also more resistant to the stray crit because of the extra dice to go crit fishing with (that happened in my game, a double opposed crit). Perhaps it's time to try a list where I just take both and have the best of both worlds, but that's a very different list that the one we've been trying. Next up I should try a Wildcat core, because I think that's next on my list to explore for Corregidor.

I'm curious to know what you (or any other folks) think of the Jaguar profile selection in the core if you play any more games with the list. Thanks for reading!

Valmiir likes this.
  5. WiseKensai

Warcor

Been getting more time in with a variant of the Jag Core + Intruder list. Brought McMurrough this time against some PanO. I really like how the core of the list is so flexible. Basically you take a Jag Core + Bandit KHD in the first group then 2 Morans, an Intruder HMG, and 2 Transductors in the second. The rest of the list is just mission or whim-specific!

Fight of the Intruder

Mission: Transmission Matrix
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus PanOceania​

Did I mention I like this list?

Valmiir likes this.
  6. WiseKensai

Warcor

So I really like this list! Got asked to play another game of Transmission Matrix versus @zagdag 's Tohaa for Rose City Raid practice.

Slicing the Artichoke Pie
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus @zagdag 's Tohaa​

It's been awhile since I've played Than, and in the meantime he's gotten his very own Strompost Alpha table, but added a few Than bits of flair to make it his own. As always, Than's tables do not disappoint! Hope you enjoy.

Valmiir likes this.
  7. SevenSins

SevenSins New Member

Nice one bud!

WiseKensai likes this.
  8. WiseKensai

Warcor

Thanks! It's been a blast to play so much Corregidor, but I needed a change of pace from all the RCR practice. Thankfully, @xammy and I have both gotten a bit tired of Looting and Sabotaging and Transmission Matrix, so we got in a game of Highly Classified instead.

Breaking Contact
    Mission: Highly Classified (Data Scan, Extreme Prejudice, HVT: Espionage, Sabotage)
    Forces: Nomads versus Neoterra Capitaline Army​

Excited to put my vanilla Nomads back on the table for Kurage Crisis!

Valmiir, volgo and xammy like this.
  9. WiseKensai

Warcor

Well! All this practice was relevant after all! I had to play the first day of the Rose City Raid 2018 before we had a drop, bringing us back to an even # of players. Here's the writeup from my 3 games.

Rose City Raid 2018 Ringer Report
    Game 1 - Intruders and Incapacitations
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus V4340's Nomads​
    Game 2 - Mutts and Mayhem
    Mission: Looting and Sabotaging
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus @norsecompass 's Hassassin Bahram​
    Game 3 - Antipodes and Armor
    Mission: Supremacy
    Forces: Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor versus Zhukov2's Ariadna​

Still love the Corregidor list, took it all three games. It degrades quite gracefully. I hope to see all my opponents again next year at the next Rose City Raid!

volgo and Valmiir like this.
  10. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

I just finished binging your Nomad reports, and absolutely loved them! They are fun, engaging, and so well presented. Plus they have me amped up to start running Nomads again! Looking forward to the next one!

11. WiseKensai

Warcor

volgo, Valmiir and TheDiceAbide like this.
  12. WiseKensai

Warcor

Here's another report for Netzknotzen during the Kurage Crisis! I'm really enjoying this local meta fluff that Military Orders is just a bunch of Knights fangirling over Joan. Be sure to check out my opponent's (crashprone) report, I'm sure it'll be hilarious.

Git Off Mah Lawn!
    Mission: Antenna Field
    Forces: Nomads versus Military Orders (300)
    Kurage Crisis Link: https://kuragecrisis.warconsole.com/battles/wisekensai-vs-crashprone-1531460522
    Thanks for coming along for the ride!

SevenSins, volgo and Valmiir like this.
  13. WiseKensai

Warcor

Well, this was supposed to be a Nomads versus CA on Aplekton, but my CA opponent had a family thing come up, so this game was a blue-on-blue fight against @natetehaggresar 's Tunguska. I always learn something and have a good time playing Nate, so it was totally worth it. So, sad to not contribute to Kurage this game, but at least I'm a better player for it!

CAPTCHA and Regret
    Mission: Capture and Protect
    Forces: Nomads versus Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska (300)​

Hope you enjoy!

natetehaggresar, SevenSins and volgo like this.
  14. WiseKensai

Warcor

Sadly, another report that I can't use for Kurage Crisis because I made a list mistake. Feels like yesterday that I made that dumb Wildcat Haris list mistake... Anyway, here it is for your enjoyment!

Return of Caledonia, the Archnemesis
    Mission: Supplies (Aplekton Version)
    Forces: Nomads versus Caleodnian Highlander Army (300)​

Thanks to my opponent, Jordan, for being such a great sport and for a fun game. I'll stop making dumb list mistakes eventually, right?

natetehaggresar and volgo like this.
  15. WiseKensai

Warcor

Well, this game was too late to be counted for Kurage... sad, because it was the first legitimate game I could've reported for Aplekton. Ah well. Great game against a new opponent!

Hellcat Strafing Run
    Mission: Supplies
    Forces: Nomads versus Hassassin Bahram​

This game was pretty tight, a lot of great back and forth. My opponent Eric gave me a tough fight. Can't wait to play him again!

volgo likes this.
  16. WiseKensai

Warcor

Well, first game with the Zondnautica on the table, and I was not disappointed. Been having a good time slowly exploring the new Tunguska stuff in vanilla. I don't really feel a burning desire to play Tunguska at the moment, but maybe that will change in a few weeks.

Draining Power Packs
    Mission: Power Pack
    Forces: Nomads versus Military Orders (300)​

Thanks to @crashprone for a great game! He took some photos so I'm looking forward to his battle report too!

volgo likes this.
  17. WiseKensai

Warcor

Tried out a few games of Recon+. I really like the format and hope to get some more games in. I included a Zondnautica AHD in both lists because of the Bromad Academy Mission 001, but it turned out to be pretty useful!

Zondnautica Re-Recon
    Mission: Smash and Grab (Recon+)
    Forces: Nomads versus Imperial Service (Recon+)​

For those not familiar with the format, Recon+ is basically just mini-ITS at 150 points with some list buliding restrictions to keep things sane. In any case, played two "teaching" games with a newer player, so hopefully this is helpful for someone. Not terribly representative games, but if all you get from the battle report is a desire to try out Recon+ I think that's a win.

Hope you enjoy!

volgo likes this.
  18. WiseKensai

Warcor

Some practice for Power Pack at a tournament, which I definitely needed! Again against Eric's HB.

Flanks and Blanks
    Forces: Nomads versus Hassassin Bahram (300)​

Remember kids, HB stands for "Have Board control!!"

volgo likes this.
  19. WiseKensai

Warcor

Here's the tournament report for August. I took a Zondnautica Spitfire for every game, in case you're curious. I also was in loss of lieutenant for 2/3 games, for those interested in seeing how I recovered from such a situation.

Nomads have pretty obvious LTs, so I think it's an important skill to learn.

Raucous August Tournament Report
    Game 1 - Perky Perseus
    Mission: Highly Classified versus @natetehaggresar
    Forces: Nomads versus Tunguska Jurisdictional Command (300)​
    Game 2 - Courageous Charontid
    Forces: Nomads versus Combined Army​
    Game 3 - Almighty Asura
    Forces: Nomads versus ALEPH​

Thanks to @TheDiceAbide for hosting, and to all my opponents for great games, as always.

20. WiseKensai

Warcor

Our Warcor, Adam, couldn't play at the last tournament since we had an odd number of players. He really wanted to try a new Ikari list, so we set up a game for the following Monday.

Rise of the Zondbot
    Forces: Nomads versus @TheDiceAbide's Ikari​

Some pretty silly mistakes. I think I had some bad priorities this game. Need more practice with this list. It's been awhile since I've put a Tomcat on the table and really used it.

volgo, Seneca and TheDiceAbide like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation