1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiseKensai's Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by WiseKensai, Jan 10, 2019.

1. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

2. WiseKensai

Warcor

3. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Designing and developing enough terrain for an infinity table is a continuous process.

burlesford likes this.
  4. WiseKensai

Warcor

5. WiseKensai

Warcor

6. WiseKensai

Warcor

7. WiseKensai

Warcor

8. WiseKensai

Warcor

9. WiseKensai

Warcor

10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

As much as I'm sorry for your loss, it's surprisingly refreshing to see Vanilla Combined not win a game for a change. Especially against a sectorial like RTF (who are good, but not S tier like vanilla CA). And even more when they brought Maggie (a good TAG, but again not in the same league as most Combined stuff). Maybe it's just me, but as soon as I see a list with an Overdron, an Anathematic, a Caliban (and 4 Taighas), I'm simply scared. Amazing play from your opponent.

11. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

I would like to discuss this part:
    1. Vanilla armies always had to rely more on soft aros than sectorials, as without links they have harder time to deploy hard aros. But it's not a specific n4 issue.
    2. The usual hard aros of vanilla CA: Noctifier and q-drone did not get worse in this edition. (And they seem like they would give your opponent a hard time as he was without msv.)

So I wonder why do you consider this N4 issue?

12. Brokenwolf

To be fair, Chainsaw is really good. He used his tools spectacularly.

burlesford likes this.
  13. WiseKensai

Warcor

I don't think this is a Ramah or vanilla CA issue. I just got outplayed, period. I was pretty unfocused and made some significant but not catastrophic mistakes. I find no shame in saying that @Chainsaw is a better player than I am, and against that caliber of player a significant mistake quickly becomes a catastrophic one. There's a reason why the game is titled as it is. ;)

With regards to N4 and AROs, I'm of the opinion that AROs in general in N4 are riskier for the reactive player because crits don't auto-wound anymore. TR bots get a fair amount of success from critfishing, so that's less reliable now. And I think there's just more MSV in games now with MSV1 being stronger, though you're right about this game.

But, perhaps the discussion of N4 is a distraction. A more precise statement would be to say that my personal defensive strategy is to drain orders with inefficient movement and some soft AROs (specifically high ARM, multiwound models that fail guts after taking a hit). I failed to do that with the Overdron this game, and I think that was a big deal for me--it cost me alot of orders and bad positioning for the Caliban, etc. and then I had a hard time recovering.

I also just played the Kaitok horribly. This was an excellent practice game though--I needed a game in which my opponent would negate my preferred defensive play style, where I couldn't make mistakes, and where I had to dial in just the right amount of aggression. I failed, and lost.

Anyway, you can see me lose again if you like :)

14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Another great battle report. I agree with you that YOLOing the Anathematic into the Kuang Shi wouldn't have been optimal. But I was also surprised how careful you have been with it. Maybe that's because of @RobertShepherd 's battle reports from Novacore, where he plays it super aggressively and it consistently becomes a fearful beast. I think your idea of using it with Bit and Kiss to do as much hacking damage as possible is spot on. If you haven't already (though I'm kinda sure you have), I highly recommend all five of his Novacore reports for great Anathematic play.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  15. WiseKensai

Warcor

Thanks @burlesford. I have indeed been pretty cautious with it, probably too cautious. I haven't checked those batreps yet. I will have to do so on my lunch break or something soon! Thanks for the recommendation.

Here's a game where I just blind YOLO the Anathematic if folks want to know what that looks like for me:

Wizzy, Brokenwolf and burlesford like this.
  16. Brokenwolf

It really seems like you want to play the Rindak as if it has a multirifle. With the price increase on Taighas, you will probably have to tweak the list anyway.

Great report as always!

burlesford likes this.
  17. WiseKensai

Warcor

Mindtaker Tournament, Game 1

Post Taigha nerf, the list from this game is fine, I basically lose the R-Drone and gain a slave drone.

Santa's Coming to Town Post Taigha Increase
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2
    ANATHEMATIC (Lieutenant, Hacker, Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (+1B)]) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser ( ) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0.5 | 76)
    OVERDRON Plasma Sniper Rifle(+1B) / Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 58)
    [​IMG] STALDRON Flash Pulse / CC Weapon. (0 | 0)
    RINDAK (Paramedic, Forward Deployment [+8"]) MULTI Rifle(+1B), Blitzen / Heavy Pistol, PARA CC Weapon. (0 | 37)
    CALIBAN (Engineer, Deactivator) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    SLAVE DRONE PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    GREIF-OP (Surprise Attack [-3], Impersonation [IMP-2]) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (1 | 21)
    Bit (Hacker], Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Oblivion]) Submachine Gun, Pitcher ( | Deployable Repeater]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher, Pitcher(+1B) ( | Deployable Repeater) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 6)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 6)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    TAIGHA Chain-colt / AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 6)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Wizzy, Brokenwolf and burlesford like this.
  18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Man, I'm mostly just jealous at how many games you are able to get in. I wish I could practice as much with my armies...

#198 burlesford, Sep 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    Brokenwolf likes this.
  19. WiseKensai

Warcor

Sometimes the stars align and I have a block of extreme availability followed by no games for a month. Feast or famine...

Brokenwolf, RolandTHTG, Wizzy and 2 others like this.
  20. WiseKensai

Warcor

Brokenwolf, Wizzy and burlesford like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation