1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcard, Mixed Links & Tohaa (wild speculation)

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Thaddius, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I am excited about the changes and proliferation of mixed linked teams overall it's an interesting addition to the game.

What it does mean for Tohaa though is that the special triad rule becomes a bit less of a comparative advantage compared with other factions. This in itself isn't a bad thing. Tohaa links are still crazy optimised. We have unlimited links (points allowing), smoke in link and an overall resilience that's not to be overlooked.

I am hopeful that this means that the future for Tohaa will mean that they can get some exciting new combos. There is a lot of potential there.

Triumvirate will be NA2 but I think can offer some mean combos. I would love the ability to equip mercs with symbiont armour but that's probably to much of a wish. I say give us Raoul Spector.

Exhalted will be another one. Wildcard Kaeltar, Core Kaauri + Chaksa, Maybe even Helots

Pre-Triad Force (Makaulings) - I just want a makaul core link with the possibility of a Sukeul Wildcard. The fluff does talk about Makauls being an old fighting force that was around pre-EI invasion.

I'd be interested to hear what people are hoping for!!! Since we're not getting releases for a while we might as well set the bar so high any possible releases will disappoint!!!

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I like the way Snrub thinks.

Thaddius and TheRedZealot like this.
  3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Muet maybe, you need a symbiont armor for mate.

Tohaa were fixated on the number three way before EI invasion, so it's not likely core teams will be a thing.

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Wow what a humble request :D

You can get Singh, he just became unemployed ;P (plus mayby Tohaa magic will actually be capable of fixing him :P)

Thaddius and Zsolt like this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's between Tohaa.
    Mixed Special Core Fireteams with exalted races might happen.

If the Faction survives next year, that's it.

6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I don’t think exalted races get to get an opinion or a choice. Tohaa already know what’s best for them, and it’s multiplying by three!

Maybe Tohaa can make him useful. Strap a cheap wound on him, lose CoC, because no one would listen to him, and throw him down from space. Oh wait, Tohaa already has the Gao-Tarsos!

Berjiz, Abrilete and eciu like this.
  7. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

A core Fireteam of exalted would be cool, but it may need the addition of a new exalted unit. Chaksa fill the roll of most other factions remotes, and Kauuri do not seem like the type to link, (though now that I have thought about it, a Chaksa Smart Heavy Rocket Launcher in a mixed core would be great).

Also, I am hoping to see some of units from fully exalted species. The Chaksa as a species are only about half way through the exalted process, which is why some of them are g:Synch/Servant. Unless Tohaa engineered pheromone receptors into them, I would not expect them to be fireteam Triad, but that could leave them open to link as a core.

For Triumvirate I think there could be some interesting Fireteam compositions, as the Triumvirate has already shown it is willing to employ tactics outside of they usual dictates of the Trident.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Funny, I said this exactly when Haris and Duo were given to all sectorials, but I said it for Tohaa, the Greeks and Qapu K... XD

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Has CB actually stated this publicly, or is it just speculation?

10. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Yes, it was stated from CB. Can't remember the source unfortunately. Could be the South African Video.

11. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Warcor round table at interplanetario

Abrilete likes this.
  12. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

As I am a pessimist I would say look at QK. When everyone else got Haris, the special ability of QK, they got nothing. No reworks, buffs or alterations, they just got put on the same playing field without anything to differentiate them. I wouldnt expect anything new or fun for Tohaa, actually given everything else this year I would expect them to be ASA'd with a 'here is the triumvirate list, nice knowing ya'.

Thaddius and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation