1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why the change to 'move first then short skill after'?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by freefall357, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

New rules solved at least one problem that was voiced as being very problematic for a long time, a problem is that is still present if you only move+shoot and check at declaration.
    That is, you move in smoke, then opponent has nothing he can do (except Dodge/Reset) then you shoot through smoke with your MSV.

Allowing pre-emptive declaration and checking at resolution does allow some counters to that. But it created a lot more problems. And even with the new understanding that you postpone checking if the main target is inside DTW at resolution doesn't help much. In the long run, i don't think the new system works better. There is also the problem of knowing where the line is between playing as intended and abusing it. If an enemy is approaching my TAG, is it abuse if I pre-emptively declare a HFT ? Or should have I simply tried dodging on PH=11 while he move in base contact with me ? I think anything that buff the Reactive Player is good as right now the active player has all the cards in his hand.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation