1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why not just play Ikari?

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by the huanglong, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

I think Tunguska, in general, is too rich for our blood. Whereas we have money and our forces are the makers of that money, hence their relative eliteness as medium infantry and the equipment they bring, Tunguska makes money from banking/hacking and their forces are "example" setters and "problem" solvers.

While it's very possible Tunguska get used as an excuse to make some new high quality mercenary units that NA2 utilize, it would be Mercenary units in Tunguska and not the other way around. That idea has potential though

oldGregg likes this.
  2. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

So Kriza Borac confirmed for DBS is what you're saying?

Because if we're going to wishlist..... :heart_eyes:

#82 jfunkd, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    oldGregg likes this.
  3. Phayton

Phayton Well-Known Member

Ayyar in Core might be over the top... he´d be still a perfect substitute as a single.

And his free agent skill is so DBS! having him in the 2nd combat group at the beginning and after you refill your link with a fresh member, you would put him in group 1 for free. So you still might have your 10 order group and a BS15 link in you 2nd turn after your opponent managed to blow up your Clipper... :laughing:

barakiel, McNamara and oldGregg like this.
  4. Q.A.I.

Q.A.I. Well-Known Member

I don't play overwatch, but lets not kid ourselves with the Reaper Ayyar inspiration:laughing: DBS could be "Reapers" little Talon taskforce

oldGregg likes this.
  5. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

As a lone operator who frequently hires/utilizes local population/militia (Daylami) and other religious sympathizers to secure a ZO while they achieve their objective.

The Druze are religious sympathizers to Haqq and economically tied to all sorts of Haqqi organizations. When the Old Man wills it, the Lone Ayyar may transfer funds to Arslan in return for a well run, deniable, operation. As they are not always true believers, and the lone Ayyar trusts only their own hands, the Druze are often accompanied by this wanderer.

The Ayyar appears with a deadly salvo, and disappears soon afterwards.

AYYAR FOR DRUZE

Vain likes this.
  6. Jotunn

Jotunn Well-Known Member

I personally think the Al-Fasid would fit perfectly into the Druze sectorial, both the model and the background are spot on for Druze. Would be nice to have access to HI also.

Ixidro, Hecaton and oldGregg like this.
  7. Phayton

Phayton Well-Known Member

Yes, his profil and model looks like a typical Druze HI could loo like! (OK, maybe swap the Mines with Fatality L1 :grinning:)

Hecaton likes this.
  8. Ixidro

Ixidro Deep agent infiltrated in PanOceanian HQ

Yes, you're right: DBS used to recruit soldiers from their area of influence (centered mainly Earth, near the space elevator) but since the Knauf case, Bayram Security were exposed to the public eye and their centre of influence, and thus, their recruitment area, changed to the cavaraseries around Bourak. So makes a lot of sense for them to recruit some Haqq units gone private or even handpick some operatives wich are still in the Haqq army to run some operations off the record (providing they have enough influence as the book implies).

Looking that the other way, if the Haqq army have some eyes and ears in DBS, will be very easy for them to spot candidates to their Al Fasid units and gather the field data directly from the Druze. This fits with their unit description about their 'shady past' and 'no questions of their lives prior their enlistment in the unit' because the Haqq military already took first-hand data from the Druze.

I don't know why they are in Ikari (although it's the biggest PMC in the game) as the Company's area of influence is the Border of Humanity. Also, it's a profile which has to compete with other IPs (even with a linkable and very similar one) in that same sectorial.

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation