1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHY?!? Are Atech Dumbtubes STILL A Thing?!?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

It gets dumber when you see Crossiers have blitzens on their concept art.

Small, one handed miniaturised blitzens.

AdmiralJCJF, Dragonstriker and Pinky like this.
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Was about to mention that.
    Since when does CB care about "identifyable" Profiles?

How many people run an actual KOJ ML they converted?
    I'd recond most people use a FK sword daddy or Kaldstrom KoJ sword mommy for lack of a KOJ ML sculpt existing (which is totally fine!).

Most people I know can't tell a BSG from a Combi or a HMG from a Spitfire for factions they don't play (often not even for their own factions).

Doesn't really affect me personally, since I prefer my sleek old N2 Magister sculpts over the clunky N3 ones. So I still to run get hyerdynamics visible in the pose and high tech PZFs.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

That’s the same blitzen design as Haqq uses, and it’s identical to one of the O-12 light riotstoppers in terms of looks.

Hey while we’re at it, if PanO can miniaturize anti-tank rockets, why are their missile launchers, rocket launchers, and guns so bulky? The armor gloves should all have miniaturized shotguns or combis. In the fingers, even.

Finger guns, people.

Finger guns.

4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Well, outside of the new BF HRL and EB LRL, PanO missile launchers and rocket launchers sports ammo magazine so the trooper doesn't have to reload after each shot.

EDIT: and micro-missiles are already a PanO thing since its what is used by a Feuerbach.

5. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Friend of mine told me once that additional advantage of carrying weapons like AK-47 in Third World countries is that every hick and his dog knows the weapon, so it serves as a deterrence. Modern compact weapons could look like a toys in locals eyes.

This is the only reason that I could imagine for using these tubes in PanO military.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  6. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

The atek tubes look lame, don't fit the PanO style and visually don't differ from the missile launchers wielded on the same unit. It's also lazy (asset copy paste) and and a needless move away from a generally liked aesthetic.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Yet proxies are perfectly legal... which should stay that way.

I think people would like to see 3 to 4 designs come into play. Shoulder mounted and forearm mounted like Ironman. Primary firearm mounted like an underslung grenade launcher on a rifle we see today. And miniature secondary pistol sort of thing like what we saw is the Blitzen design for Crosiers. I say these 4 design types allow for lots of variety between troops and factions. A little housing sculpt can be made that is universally made for a faction or even the same weapon across multiple factions so its same design and then individual mounting sculpts can be applied for different units or factions... pass this on to CB. It will make things easier for their design team allow for some creative design space and variety.

For the OP, perhaps make a Poll to see if people like these ideas or the big tube. I would but you've already got the people's attention so you might as well do the honors.

8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Except Pan O troops are essentially recognized like the US is. Everyone in the sphere knows PanO can blow your face off. Now Nomads or Ariadna... that would be rational.

9. Teslarod

Doesn't work as an argument for sidearms though.
    You still carry your LSG/BSG/Combi/whatever in addition to a Panzerfaust.
    Civillians will probably be a lot more worried about your Rifle compared to your anti tank gear.

10. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

This is the logic I think about, since these weapons are reusable through out the skirmish I think think they should have designs along the lines of modern day grenade launchers. And can easily be the same size GLs through the numerous new iterations of GLs in the game . I also really really really want troops with RLs and MLs to have have at least an LSG or SMG even some rifles for some realism and allows that troop to be useful up the field with the rest of the team. No soldier would be so limited except for the very clearly dedicated Tank and Sniper-esque units who have purpose going up field when they ate better served on overwatch and a Pistol sidearm is just fine.

I have no problem imagining these firing mini rockets and missiles or panzerfausts and blitzes for most troops and sophisticated HI and TAGs will have these built right into the suits...
    5525448ddd0895b4398b45c6.jpg SHOT2018313.jpg airsoft-grenade-launcher-640x533.jpg

#30 wuji, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Rumdog likes this.
  11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I will agree with all the above and of course proxying is important, but as far as official models go, a clear identifiable silhouette for the unit and the weapons it carries is important.

TheDiceAbide and Delta57Dash like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Which again, is a good/fair/understandable argument which has tons of merit.

What doesn't make sense is to give that big archaic Panzerfaust to only 1 guy out of 3 models representing this (Panzerfaust carrying) profile.
    Obviously giving it to all 3 would also create problems (very samy/boring models, Panzerfausts dominating the profile, not showing off CC skills etc).

So the plan was good, but implementation of the solution actually defeated the main purpose of the change (at least IMHO).

13. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

SHANG JI FFS:3::3:
    A core fireteam troop in two sectorials, required to complete zuyong fireteams in wb and two models 12 years apart.

Hecaton and Rumdog like this.
  14. Thule

Thule Active Member

I’ve accepted that CB approved the new Aquila design, decided it shouldn’t have a panzerfaust/blitzen later, panicked that they already had the shoulder mount modeled on it, and went ‘uuuuuhhh, that’s the MSV!’

Unless the Kamau sniper, 3 years later, was ALSO supposed to have a panzerfaust, it’s pretty clear PanO needs big ole boxes on their shoulders for MSV now

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Year of the Tohaa...

Rumdog likes this.
  16. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Maybe a shoulder fired tube is cheaper, effective and less prone to malfunction or damage. High tech isn't always the best option in war. sometimes simple and effective is what's needed.

17. Teslarod

Nuke from orbit, leave no surviors, got it.

Thandar and Cthulhu363 like this.
  18. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I logged in specifically to say: fuck you.

Silas7 and Hecaton like this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

The Imperial Service did nothing wrong ;)

Dragonstriker likes this.
  20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Maybe they ran out of expensive difficult to manufacture and hard to maintain shoulder panzerfausts and went to old tube designs cos they are fighting a big ol war against the Combined Army

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation