1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who uses Deactivators?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Cannon Fodder, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

maybe no bonus for deactivator without lof can work

2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Don't mines (and such deployables) already apply a -3 to Dodge?
    They could also apply that modifier against a Deactivator, so the target number is no longer 20 or 21.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's still pushing the equipment to be disproportionally good versus a couple of groups of equipment that works quite well with very little complaints one way or another, and it still makes some factions disproportionally good at doing it.

You're still looking at "dodging" the mine at 16 and "dodging" a MadTrap at 19 for most units, including Evaders and most generic Engineers with this equipment. 18 and 21 for Zoe or Parvati, 17 and 20 for Krit and Kaplans.

So really, I do ask whether giving Deactivators a use case that people realize they can use them for is worth sacking a bunch of abilities that's working well as is - and what the buff to Perimeter and Mines would be to keep them relevant (although the camouflaged state of mines is an argument that nothing needs be done to keep Mines relevant)

4. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Yeah, given discover and combo rifle works adequately, just delete deactivators and forget they ever existed

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, you know, Deactivators work better than Combi against a bunch of targets so just deleting it because people don't have a clue with only net sum that Pathfinder-equivalent REMs and half of the Evader loadouts gets one point cheaper is probably not a good idea, either. Particularly not when I'd argue the game's kinda screaming for a decent method of dealing with deployable repeaters. Hence why I'm fairly interested in the No LOF trait as a solution.

Of course, perimeter weapons'd need some sprucing up, but in my opinion they already need it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation