1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Banner so far...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Well it makes sense with fireteam with units from more factions and mercs. But making links with units from only one faction that aren't allowed in their base faction is annoying.

Benkei and the huanglong like this.
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I agree it's annoying, but you will have to buy the rest of the sectorial in order to field that fire team, so it still makes sense.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

This annoyed me no end with Wu Ming in Ikari (Fixed in N4, thanks CB!) and Ruishi + Invincibles in Dashat.

4. det

det Member

...he, true. I'm...actually happy about it. My modelling choices were always with many proxies since I loved the merc vibe...and now I get to happily play vanilla yu jing if I want the classic huge flexibility and then merc (can play dashat plus ikari and white company easily enough too) if I feel like it. I'm moving to all merc if possible even...but still some units are not in NA2

I did buy some models though to play dashat properly...and CB was right is this regard...it was ages I didn't buy a model for yu jing...

(And finally branched into merc as WB is not.how I'd hoped)

#404 det, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

For me Dahshat and Ikari are forces I put all of my old YJ figures into. I think I've only bought one or two figures specifically for those forces.

6. the huanglong

I've disgusted and shamed myself by using my Japanese Sectorial Army models as post uprising JSA and Ikari lists.

Pierzasty likes this.
  7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

With its redundancy and piss poor fireteam options it has in WB, I see the Jujak to have been made more for White company, given the barest of considerations for its 'native' faction so as to pass the minimum justification for its existence.

Similarly to how the Zuyong belongs to Dashat and not the Invincible Army (and now more than ever with Shang Jesus in IA), the Jujak belongs to White Company and not White Banner.

Although I'd say the issue of Shang Ji dominance across two sectorials in Yu Jing has more to do with White Banner being a sectorial that unfortunately wasn't designed around considerations of much else. It's hard to properly explain, but WB feels like a combination of a bunch of not completely thought out concepts just kind of tossed in with the kitchen sink and glued together with our hot new (but also not so new) superiority piece to haphazardly fill in the gaps.

Now, my disappointment probably has more to do with the abstract and vague expectations I had going in, I definitely had an interest in a sectorial focused on monks (I definitely bear a grudge about Liang Kai's execution though) and skirmishers. I don't think WB really does a good job of emphasizing or supporting either, at least not in a way that vanilla already would.

But hey, Blue Wolves and Tian Guos are cool, so I can't complain about everything.

krossaks and the huanglong like this.
  8. the huanglong

It feels very much like an NA2 when I was expecting old school N2 Yu Jing with maybe an extra snowman or two.

9. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

If feels like CB is doing over restricted sectorials for comercial motivations.

On thesame way Shang Jis feel like are meant to be the star of WB, and all the other units they have already sold in kaldstrom are meant to suport them. Is very clear on jujaks...

I'm trying to get ye maos, the only link unit that for me is worth playing right now on WB. To link Hi with Zhansis I have invencible, that is in a very good spot.

the huanglong likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation