1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Gorgos profile?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by ChoTimberwolf, May 20, 2018.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, of course! Since Independence Day (the movie) we all know Windows is compatible with alien computer systems! It's common sense, so much that aliens modified to act as heavy armor for other aliens should interact with human computers!

Couldn't resist, sorry XDDDD

Abrilete likes this.
  2. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

As weird as it feels that some SA can be hacked and some others can't I also play nomads and I rarely take hackers because there is rarely anything worthwhile to hack...so my idea would that more units can be hacked but some get a better reset roll or something against the hacker because they are using weird tech and the hacker has problems really hacking that

3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Everybody (except Magonus) is forgetting to mention that the Gorgos is the only TAG in the game that cannot be repaired by an Engineer. That's a very big drawback.

4. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

It also seems like CB forgot to include that in the point cost of it.

Does the symbiont’s weakness to fire affect other troops this bad? Do you consider that much, or is it negligible?

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

A single ARM roll failed against Fire strips the whole Symbiont, regardless of the amount of Wounds the troop has. That happening to a troop with a single Wound is irrelevant (a failed ARM roll do that regardless of it being fire or not)... so the "real" HI and TAG troops of the Tohaa eat it.
    So the TAG and a single other troop really suffer from fire. "Balanced" -.-U

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

It is somehow balanced because you can attach a Symbiomate and a Symbiobomb to the Gorgos.

Still, considering that the Gorgos carries a Spitfire instead of a HMG and you want to be closer to the action than other "big" TAGs, the fire weakness sucks a lot.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Coming from pano and fan of TAGs. Usually if you put a big, shooty TAG on the table, your opponent will just hide in total cover, and you’ll have to move in to be able to shoot anything in the face. And then HMG will soon become too long range. Apart from the -1DAM, the spitfire is pretty much a HMG with medium range, and while B1 EXP and shock can be useful, AP is a pretty good ammo type (for those people who don’t run around with SWC free B4 DT + shock+ (shock with ignore shock immunity) on everything at least), so AP spitfire is a pretty decent TAG weapon IMO. You also get DTW (though heavy flamethrower is the best thing there imo) and a chaksa with some nice cc tools.

So I think the Gorgos is nicely kitted out, especially for closer ranges. Ofc the fire weakness hits it really hard. But at least the mini is awesome :)

ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  8. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Tge problem with the gorgos is for the points we have several triads that do the same but better

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Symbio mate and bomb are really strong on it, as is having the 4th armed wound. It wouldn't take much to make the thing overpowered.

Repairing wounds without rerolls is something I almost never waste orders on anyways, especially now that pilots are useful.

10. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Tohaa Players:
    "We don't like our Gorgos"
    "X and Y and Z are why we never run Gorgos"
    "Symbiomates and Symbiobombs are better spent on cost-effective Symbionts."
    "At least the model is cool"

The 1 Anomalous Tohaa Player:
    "I don't know what's wrong with you people, the Gorgos is perfection."
    "Plus, the model is cool."

Other Players:
    "Well, I like your Gorgos."
    "Well, my TAG sucks worse."
    "At least you have a TAG, my sectorial has no TAG."
    "All TAGs are good, because of secrets, and I have faith in Corvus Belli."
    "All TAGs are good, because new players are bad at fighting TAGs, which is why all TAGs are bad."
    "Tohaa players are complainers, smh."
    "Tohaa players just don't appreciate what they have, smh."
    "Tohaa player with a Gorgos just won my tournament, smh."
    "But I don't even have Flamethrowers."
    "But the Spitfire is good."
    "But the Flammenspeer is good."
    "But the Chaksa is good."
    "But the Nanopulser is good."
    "But the Symbiomates and Symbiobombs are good."
    "But it has 4 Wounds." ...just no
    "But at least the model is cool."

Same argument for 4 years here.

P-Chan, DeadlyOcean, Alkasyn and 2 others like this.
  11. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

+1 on Magonus.

To answer the original question, always the more expensive one because of the LSG on the Chaksa.

12. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Really what I find the most limiting with the Gorgos is the the Spitfire and Flammenspeer. This makes it difficult to get into a place where it can engage targets with its spitfire at a plus 3 band without loosing wounds getting there.
    I have used it a couple of times, but the best it has ever done was get in a drawn out gun fight with a Noctifer Missile Launcher, and survive a few missiles to the face before finally killing it.

13. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Honestly I used the Gorgos now quite a few times with its 6/4 speed its actually quite easy to get into good range bands, but I got to admit that my enemy was unused to fighting tags so not sure how well it generally works

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation