1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Faction do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by dexterv, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which faction you hate the most?

1. PanOceania

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Yu Jing

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Ariadna

45 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Haqqislam (rlly??)

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Nomads (if you vote this, you have no soul)

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Combined army

8 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. ALEPH (<<This, you fools)

13 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Tohaa

43 vote(s)
    18.5%
  9. NA2

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Ultramarines

60 vote(s)
    25.8%
  11. All but Nomads

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. Others

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Tohaa may be bullshit, Aleph may be beyond OP but people who don't hate Mutts with burning passion have lost control over their lives...

...or are filthy Tohaa Players because Sukeuls are fair and balanced and don't have to give a shit about E/M and Jammers.

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Interesting way of saying "Nomads were made so interesting and varied in both fluff and mechanics, that it makes other factions look boring in comparison" :P

3. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Im not sure I get the logic of this, cause a faction is not vital they should be deleted? do we just run down the list of anything not vital and delete that, like varuna isnt vital alien human relations is done better with tohaa and ariadna, delete all merc factions except the one that is the best at being and representing the merc faction, they are not plot vital anyway. Just seems a wierd way to view a setting. Like "Ditching the Nomads could be done so easily " ok? but why should they?

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

You could remove PanO and make Haaq hyperpower two. We've already got a real HI faction (YJ), a real "HONOR" faction (JSA). PanO's only identity is being blue and shooting well, and plenty of other factions do the latter.

Also what is wrong with a faction being PC? I'm glad that the aesthetic of this game isn't potato looking men comparing the size of their penii.

#24 meikyoushisui, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    loricus likes this.
  5. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Ariadna - I hate spammed profiles. I hate spammed markers. I hate spammed orders. Ariadna is almost universally composed of spam.

6. momo234

momo234 Well-Known Member

spam.jpg

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Tohaa weren't bad until Symbiomates. Now they're rather bullshit. Frustrating bullshit. The Mate mechanic was not well thought-out.

Fluffwise, I hate the Imperial SS. Genocide for the lulz.

Aesthetically, I don't like PanO guns, but PanO is really just kinda boring to me in gameplay. Shoot it in the face. If shooting it in the face doesn't work, have you tried shooting it in the face? That said, I'm slowly working on a De Fersen Mercedarian Order (combat rescue) force, trying to have zero combirifle or multirifle models. They can pack a sword instead.

8. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I for one love Symbiomates and find them a balance part of any diet.

My issue is that I could only pic one faction to hate upon

Zsolt and Cothel like this.
  9. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'm going to agree with some previous sentiments. Tohaa are awful, and symbiomates are the biggest reason as to why. It's a terribly designed mechanic that feels like it was lifted straight from 40k. It's entirely linear, and offers no form of counter-play, you simply have to keep sinking orders into them until they're gone. Combined with the ridiculously optimized and undercosted unit that they're attached to, and it's an absolute drain to deal with Tohaa.

sarf and Minos like this.
  10. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Combined Army and Onyx Contact Force are the ones that I hate to play against the most.
    Tohaa and Ariadna bring sloggy but fair fights; the bad aliens on the other hand, just roll out the hyper-optimized army with no bad pieces. And their visual design blows, to add insult to injury.

11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Sometimes you just want to say "grr I hate this delete DELETE" but put it in a big brained way.

12. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Am I the only person that likes how Tohaa feel? I enjoy how it limits the effects of luck allowing me to push a strategy more so then other factions. I do think the fire "weakness" is garbage.

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  13. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Nah, I like Tohaa. But I also agree that Symbiomates are badly implemented. Hate the Rule not the faction.

The faction the design of which I thoroughly dislike is Ariadna. They're just annoying. They're also the only faction where you regularly get stuck in a situation where it feels like you brought a Hacking Device to a Shell Game.

14. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Between the Tohaa hate and lack of releases it feels as if the non-Tohaa playing community and CB decided to get together and attempt to drive off all the Tohaa players.

ChoTimberwolf, Hiereth, n21lv and 2 others like this.
  15. DruidNei

DruidNei Well-Known Member

Cast my vote on Ariadna. Like the faction concept, dislike the implementation. They low tech status rarely feels like a real limitation, more like immunity to high tech.

16. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Each of the NA2 subforums has more activity than the Tohaa subforum.
    I'd say the tactic is working.

Cothel likes this.
  17. benn

benn Well-Known Member

Is there an option to vote for "whatever faction I'm playing when I lose?" They're so underpowered and the synergies are all out of whack, total garbage.

Section9 and loricus like this.
  18. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Which factions are you referring to, or are you just referring to your lists?

19. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

The PC Admiral is using is not Politically Correct but Player Character (it's an RPG term). It's a jab at Nomads who seem to get preferential treatment (YMMV on which side of bias you get on this topic).

As for hate... I don't have a hate for a particular faction but I do have one hate in all of Infinity: camo spam Ariadna. This is where the game becomes a slog for me. I've faced off against a 20 man Keisotsu list before and it was more fun to face then a Ariadna camo spam.

20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Phalanx felt that way for a long time.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation