1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When can we expect a new Yu Jing release?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Ghost_X, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

TBH I'd actually take a multirifle Crane in the new style in that box. We don't have one and it's a popular link option for CG so it'd fit and I'd rather than a spitfire CG.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

? Are you counting the single one that no one can get because it's exclusive? As I said I don't have the spitfire one because it's in the box set. All I have is the old Multi-rifle. That's the only other one I know of and that came out more than 2 years ago.

3. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

[​IMG]

Is this the old style? I tend to mix them up.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Yeah compare him to the current sculpt, different paint scheme, skinnier, less bulky attributes like the pony tail. It's not a bad model but it's kinda weedy next to the current, larger, YJ HI of various varieties.

[​IMG]

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's basically exactly the correct size for a female Crane and the details in the sculpt isn't far off digital. The ponytail has the wrong type of links compared to the new ones, but that's about the worst criticism I can think of.

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think of mine as being female. There's 3 total. Multi-Rifle (old one above), CC weapon exclusive with Giraldez's book, and Spitfire in the ISS box set.

7. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

If I can join the wishlisting:
    Celestial guard swc box
    Hac tao ML
    New basic remotes

Not to worried about getting new profiles I'm still working through experimenting with all of the current ones :)

Edit: but I wouldn't say no to a new strong ARO profile

8. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

A 3 man CG box with a multi rifle crane would be awesome. I was hoping when they put the old multi crane in the uprising tournament box it was them trying to get rid of old stock to make way for a new scupt.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, resculpts are particularly important when we're talking about those ancient models in the Support packs. Some of those date back to the start of the game! (Like, say, the Zanshi Engineer girl)

But resculpts just for the sake of resculpts are annoying and take release slots that could have been new profiles. Especially when CB says they're releasing multiple new sectorials this year, there's a LOT of new stuff that needs to come out.

10. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Looking at the old Crane and the new Crane... the old Crane seems to have aged rather remarkably well in all honesty.

DFW Ike likes this.
  11. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

I prefer the old Crane over the new Crane. It just has a better flow in my eye. That and the rage fist... it can go and die in a deep dark hole along with the tactical rock.

Section9 and DFW Ike like this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

AFAIK the model IS actually a female. The Haqqislam kind of HI where 2/3rd of your armour doesn't just magically disappear because you're female.

It's grown on me. For some reason he almost always ends up in CC with people, often because people engage him (for some reason). The fact the physical model have no CC weapons, despite the fact that he has CC22 and MA3, have led me to conclude that his rage fist is used as a "fuck off" tool, to all who've been silly enough to enagage him in CC. He's One Punch Man with a Spitfire!

#52 Zewrath, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  13. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

One Burst Man with a Spitfire > Psycho Crane.

14. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

The lack of heels suggests otherwise. That's been a pretty prevalent element of our female HI from the earliest generations.

15. Mahtamori

No, the old Crane is from the slim generation of HI that spawned the Haramaki (all of which are smaller than the old Crane from what I remember)

16. REND

REND Well-Known Member

When I eventually get around to buying that Crane rank with the rage fist I will definitely be re-sculpting the middle finger to the appropriate position.

As for the actual thread topic, we will get a new (as in genuinely new model and profile) release whenever CB decide on doing so. Until then I'm just going to enjoy painting and playing what is already available. (It hasn't really impacted my enjoyment of the game at all.)

17. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

No one at any point was doubting that that's when we'd receive a new release. The problem is we've lost a sectorial worth of units while most factions are gaining them, and our only compensation ("Reinforcements" - Bostria) is the Yuandun CBL's. This is clearly a bit of a messed up situation when some factions will be receiving their fourth sectorials this year and we're down to one.

Kallas likes this.
  18. REND

REND Well-Known Member

Fair enough point, although I'm still somewhat unconvinced that Yu Jing have suffered as much as the level of griping would imply. I've tried some of the Yuandun CBL's and rather enjoyed them. The unique links and new Lt options in particular are very welcome and I've enjoyed the games with them.

ISS is still one of the stronger sectorial forces out there and my experience with Yu jing since the release of Uprising has been, overall, positive.

19. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

That's not all that comforting as a primarily vanilla player.

I think you are underestimating just how much these new units are opening up existing factions, making them harder to pin down.

For example, before the Kriza showed up, Nomads had a hard time fielding non TAG definitive firepower that didn't die to a stray crit. The Taskmasters and Mobile Brigada had the beef, but relied strictly on their BS13. The Kriza now serves as a viable alternative as fire support to the excellent but fragile and slow Intruder.

Also, Nomads weren't particularly fast outside of remotes, TAGs, and Uberfall. They were good deploying where they needed to be, but couldn't reposition readily or perform sweeping advances outside of the aforementioned options. Now they have two options with beefy Hollow and the extremely zippy dragoon type Zondnautica.

The Nomad player in me is salivating at the possibilities of the zondnautica, but YJ can't help but reflect bikes are no longer an option.

Kallas likes this.
  20. Mahtamori

I don't know why people keep bringing up ISS. ISS wasn't touched at all.

"I main Bakunin and I don't seem to have suffered from Uprising" makes about as much sense :(

Section9, Maksimas, P-Chan and 4 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation