1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to save a "No" for?

Discussion in 'News' started by Croepoek, May 24, 2019.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Hi there, after playing now for a while I would like get your opinion for which cards you safe your "No". This list might also help beginners and avoid the "oh I didn't know this was possible" moment.

I know that in general every tactic can be game deciding and worth to use the "No" on. But I am more interested in the cards your opponent can bring and you have in mind at the start of the game to reserve it for. Again this is situational depending on the scenarios so I would propose to categorize scenarios into two groups . One where massive movement might be necessary due to scoring zones being potentially far apart (e.g. Assault) and the second where movement is more limited / not focus of scenario (prime example: King of the hill) plus "other situations".

Below I started a first list of tactics in the two categories. My picks are mostly movement driven as this is my preferred style ;) This list is by far not comprehensive and I am not claiming it is perfect. Happy to hear your opinions, comments and edits!

Potentially massive movement (Assault, Conquest, Scorched Earth, Blitz, Human Target, Capture the flag)

• Unlimited Power
    • Asteroid Belt
    • Mizu-Do / Go-All-Out (--> tripple movement)
    • Odin's Breath / Kaze-Do
    • Hidden in the Sand
    • Wallbreaker (only 11 hexes, but no line of sight needed)
    • Tectonic Shake

Movement more limited (King of the Hill, Carnage, all Ziggurat missions) / other situations
    • Epic Regeneration
    • Atom (in case of critical attack)
    • Ace of clubs (in case of critical attack)
    • Amputate
    • Hic et Nunc
    • Ambush
    • Feng Shui (not sure about this one)
    • Mind Reading (not sure about this)
    • Gravitational Slingshot (not sure about this)

What do you think? What is missing? What would you add? Happy to discuss! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ps: There is a "Overall" forum section missing to discuss stuff like this!

AdmiralJCJF and krotos like this.
  2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I loaded myself with Poison as Hammerhead hoping to dump them on my enemies with "Contagion" But here comes a "No" without my "No" to counter and Hammerhead está muerto.

Croepoek and csjarrat like this.
  3. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Where is NO on NO?

Croepoek likes this.
  4. Dayman

Dayman Member

Personally, unless circumstances are dire, I tend to try and save my No, for the Opponent's 'No'. Seems the safest way to get my plans through.

Unless I'm feeling Nasty and using Taiwoo. In that case, I tend to use it, if the tactic will deny the opponent a full scoring round (I.e 3 points)

AdmiralJCJF and Croepoek like this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Taowu, Wild Bill, Oberon and Hannibal all offer options for more than one NO! in a match.

Or, if you combine them correctly in a single team (using 5 optional Tactics slots) you can potentially get up to 8 NO!s off in one match.

Numazokola likes this.
  6. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

I think its only 7 because oberyns removes it from the game?

krotos likes this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

It's situational to pull off and at least partly relies on opponent play but:

You start with 1 NO!

Taowu adds a NO!
    2 (NO!)

Wild Bill lets you draw a card from your discard.
    3 (Ace of Hearts)

Taowu lets you use a NO! from your opponent's discard pile.
    4 (Mind Reading)

Hannibal lets you re-shuffle all four back into your deck after using them.
    8 (Code: <Timeout>)

Oberon lets you use a NO! which is then removed from the game.
    9 (Desire)

So, yeah, if you draw in the correct order you can get off a total of 7 in one game, and if your opponent obliges that can go up to 8 or 9 (depending on when they play their NO!, if it's before the "Timeout" you can get to 9, but if it's after [or they don't re-play their NO!] then it's only 8). The really key element is to get off all three of your own re-playable Tactics before re-shuffling, and to hold off on playing the "then remove from the game" Tactics 'till AFTER the re-shuffle.

#7 AdmiralJCJF, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Plebian likes this.
  8. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

Interesting tournament team... hahahaha be careful with your own ideas Admiral

9. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

This does only work for 3 of the 4 No!s as mind reading returns the opponent‘s No! to their deck.

All in all: has anyone any cool edits to the list? What did I miss additionally to „No the No“?

10. AdmiralJCJF

Fair, but if they play their NO! again so you can use Mind Reading again the effect is functionally the same.

For me it's highly situational.

I've played NO! to prevent defensive bonuses when I'm trying to put an Aristo down, but usually save it for real game changers.

The likes of "Unlimited Power", "Scram", "Code:<Timeout>", "Kiss my Sexy Ass", or seriously ANY of Laxmee's Tactics (Lord those are all great). You get the idea.

Croepoek likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation