1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to expect from Zhencha?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Also; nice Hac Tao paintjob :)

ObviousGray likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's not the point of the thread but one thing bothers me on a deeply disturbing level. You know, like someone has intentionally hung a painting slightly lower than the others or if there's one chair of a different model than the others among a large set of chairs.

Why did you roll on Booty 1?

ObviousGray likes this.
  3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Thanks. After the painting he's doing crazy performances, and I'm talking about Hac Tao standard.

I wanted to see ARM 9 Hac Tao.

Mahtamori likes this.
  4. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I'm gonna have a friendly match tomorrow and I'll be proxying 3 Zhencha. List goes as follows:

[​IMG] So, this + 3 Zhencha
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 37)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] HAC TAO (Executive Order) HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 69)
    [​IMG] RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)

6 SWC | 192 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Sprinkle two Zhencha BSG and one SMG. The reason I'm going for the BSG ones is twofold:

1. Because I'll be trying to infiltrate my guys on the opponents side of the board if I win the Lt. roll and decide to go first. Figured if I'm getting a 50% chance to get them there so... Why not? Maybe I'll get some cool batrep for you guys, with some poncho-IPs climbing arround and shooting people in the back with shotguns!
    2. I think is obvious the 34 pts profiles is the "best" one, so I wanted to try how "bad" the BSG was.

Mission is gonna be Frostbyte, been playing it a lot because I love it, a real blockbuster for ITS 10.

Side note: we are using the Shang Ji as a Wildcard, keeping in mind what CB has explained about the unit being able to join pretty much any fireteam on IA. We'll probably get something better to link with the 4 Zhanshis, but as of now this is what we now and I'm running it. Shooting Stars won't be tested either, keeping in mind Explode LX hasn't been anounced yet.

Alphz, Paegis, Kallas and 1 other person like this.
  5. ObviousGray

Good luck, bro. Will wait for another constructive views.

Hope we can grab a KHD soon enough in IA!

Borlois and Alphz like this.
  6. Joametz

Thanks. I think we will, even though we already have the Hac Tao. If we had AVA 2 of Swiss Guard's-big-brother It wouldn't be likely... But seeing as we only have one and It's meant to kick ass with big guns it seem like a matter of time until they reveal a new KHD profile. Maybe some of the units we have now gets one?

7. ObviousGray

I'm waging in Haidaos for KHD carriers, and I would be more happy when their weird striped armor's actually a Camo or Mimetism.

8. SpectralOwl

I wouldn't be surprised if Hulang Shocktroopers were Motorcyclists with a KHD option like Aragoto bikers have, the speed would be valuable in IA's order-starved design. The Hai Dao won't be getting Camo, it's linkable and that's one of the Forbidden Combos. Mimetism is a possibility, but honestly I'd be happier if CB would pack it in with the visual modifiers and hand out something a bit more fun like Sapper, like someone suggested way back in the post-mortem. If there isnt a non-Hac Tao KHD option, best approaches to hacker swatting seem like Surprise Zhencha sneaking into the backlines or the dynamic entry of several Liu Xing.

9. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

Last weekend I have tested Zencha.
    They are very good!! Taking control of a flank thanks to the mines, camo marker state and a Kuang Shi. He could reach the back of a specular killer killing her thanks to his Climbing Plus. I missed my shoot with the DEP, but hey! It's a chance to destroy big enemies, and even we can try to keep pressing with our AP ammo.
    I really enjoyed playing the Zencha (just one, but he did a gooood job). I used a Guilang to switch the console, but if that fails, the Zencha can try it too.
    I had my doubts with them, but I think they can be a good weapon for YJ.

Alphz, Solar, Paegis and 4 others like this.
  10. Joametz

Hi again guys!

So, I played this list the other day against a OSS player with a Yadu link. Ended up losing the Lt. roll and had to go second. I infiltrated 2 out of the 3 Zhenchas next to the exits of mi friend's DZ and he ended up trading a Naga, a Post Human Mk2 and 10 orders for them.

After that, the Hac Tao advanced on the flank and shot half his remaining units dead, while the third Zhencha coordinated with him while moving up the board to push a couple buttons and make my DZ and Dead Zone all warm and Cozy (mission was Frostbyte),

All in all, I didn't get the chance to use Zhenchas offensively, but they were really resilient on the reactive turn. If they had 2W it would be just kinda obscene IMHO... So I think the balance is pretty nice as it is. The BSG profile doesn't cut it though (I know it's kinda obvious, but I needed to try). The SMG + D.E.P. + Mines makes the 34 pts profile the best choice. It gives us an amazing close range weapon in active while providing awesome options for the reactive turn.

I'll be moving the number of Z-boys up to 4 for the next test run, using only 34 pts profiles, maybe adding a Yan Huo HMC while removing the Hac Tao.

Sorry about the lame batrep, It wasn't much of a match after my opponent wasn't able to move past those guys (plus, the exclusion zone sucks).

ObviousGray, Paegis and Mc_Clane like this.
  11. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

That's my gut feeling, too...

ObviousGray, -Ghost- and Joametz like this.
  12. ObviousGray

@Joametz Yeah, that would make Yu Jing's midfield game into broken level.

The vulnerability about Shock is real, but that also works as a delusion; it's not THAT easy to land a proper shock ammo to this guy.

I think thats why our opponent and ourselves are kinda underestimate this unit.

P.S) C+ with FO. Try it on their back arcs. It's really fun thing to swing around!

Joametz likes this.
  13. Joametz

That's something else that my friend didn't take into account, the fact that the guys have Flash Pulse thanks to the FO rule. They really do cover a lot of range bands deceptively with DEP and FP.

14. ObviousGray

3rd battle using Zhencha. Today I was facing one of the top-players in our scene - @rooki1 , a veteran PanO Player.

He wanted to use the good re-vamped SAA army, which gave me quite a think - although I would play vanilla, that's for sure. Since I'm not planning on playing pseudo-IA until it gets a proper release.

We rolled off on Comlog, and that godsend app gave us the mission - Decapitation.

At that very moment, I expected two units; Bike Montessa and Dart.

Zhencha3.png

Ignore the TS MSR - He's a Zhencha like always.

Group 1 was the 'ard hitting group - I was wagering between two. Whether it is able to kill with Su-jian (well, most of units.), or some tough nuts like TAG units.

Group 2 was the usual supporting group, but two things; Son-bae SML launcher for combo with Zhencha, and Ninja AHD for grabbing Montesa's route.

KakaoTalk_20181111_164844149.jpg

PanO deployment. He did got a face-on hacker in his link team, so I assumed one from four camo fields were Dart.

He knew I was going to use Zhencha - and prepped some proper Shock weapons, such as 4 regular Sensor-mines. Man I envy that profile.

Besides from that, the rosters were not so beyond my expectations. Except for ORC HMG Lt.

KakaoTalk_20181111_190114875.jpg

Since I got the first turn, and there was an able route for our C+ Camo man, I extended the deployment.

PanO took the answers with his Bulleteer Armbot heavy shotgun, then I placed my Su-Jian for perfect angle of off-cover shots.

As he placed the Motorbike knight, after Sujian destroy some orders. He gets blinded by a FP while killing some regular.

Su-Jian retreats, and Zhencha slip into the red lines..

Z-guy.jpg

Again, what can I tell? C+ did wonders again. Clinging through the wall, he literally passed over a full link team.

I couldn't dare running right into mine trigger area (which PanO placed right in front of Sensor Regular.), and in need to take out Motorbike Knight made me conduct a serious mistake.

Zhencha tried to pour SMG AP shots, but he got engaged by crit, Montessa enters CC with Zhencha. God!

KakaoTalk_20181111_164842869.jpg

Dao(Zhencha) would get his head busted for sure, but ARM 3 1(2) W was not a joke.

He even hit Montesa for twice, really messing up his plans of taking out my HVT. He eventually survived the PanO counter attack turn, since PanO couldn't handle more gamble burning orders out.

Although I lost a Guilang by ORC HMG.

KakaoTalk_20181111_190115688.jpg

And Suji (My Datatracker) swooped the field like a boss.. killing HVT with my datatracker ensured my win.

KakaoTalk_20181111_164850783.jpg

HMG Orc, after losing his buddies to killer mecha panther.

After this Zhencha finally gave into Montesa, but PanO already wasted too much orders on slippery Zhencha - Montesa goes shutdown when Ninja AHD surprised him with carbonite, easy prey he fell to Su-Jian.

Zhencha really showed some admiring aspects of pseudo-HI; Luck intervened, sure, but his good resilience were very satisfying.

Even I made a serious mistake, his pure stats brought the game to me; If he succeeded in assassinating Bagh-Mari MSR, things would be different, still, you can't hide from Zhencha! C+ SMG will find you, and evade your mines to kill you out.

This guy is real beast. Not like Suji or Dao, but at his cost, this is awesome unit.

And pardon for my miss-play! I was so eager to kill that Knight. :/

15. Kallas

Kallas Vincible

I'm appreciating reading about the Zhencha on the field. C+ seems to be the money maker for it, and it definitely gives it a lot more value than I first ascribed (especially with the one good profile).

However, the quoted bit above just seems like dumb luck. CC12 Knife vs 22 DA CCW should have the Zhencha getting run over easily: hitting the Montessa twice and tanking multiple hits is pretty much the epitome of an outlier!

Regardless, it's nice to see the Zhencha in action and to hear about its good utility. How have you been finding the DEP, Mines and FO/FP? They're the 'tools' of the toolbox, are they useful? Or is the SMG the main draw so far? (These are genuine questions! I'm not trying to find a way to complain!)

ambisinister likes this.
  16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I faced a Zhencha the other day and I definitely think it's a highly respectable troop.

As far as it's CC resilience goes, you'll reasonably expect to fail the CC ftf but the Zhencha can also expect to pass one of the two saves, which means that they are somewhat tougher to take out by a warband etc than most camo skirmishers who really don't like warbands with their smoke and chain rifles. The Zhencha can ARO vs a Morlock with a BS attack and take them out, knowing that there's only a 50% chance of him taking a wound in return anyway, and he can soak even if he fails the save. Or put a mine down, and secure the zone that little it more, while knowing he'll still be there after this order. That's a useful and powerful benefit on an objective grabbing camo infiltrator that is very mobile.

17. Joametz

Speaking about ARO duty, I think the Zhencha is really good at it. I mean, you can re-camo and then wait for the enemy to come in LoS to get them with your DEP while they are trying to Discover, but also getting the option to drop a mine or get somewhere up and close to the enemy with C+ and popping SF with your SMG is golden.

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The Zhencha is actually a really taste objective security guy. He can drop a Mine and climb into an elevated position where warbands and CC troops can't reach him, go into suppression fire and protect the objective very well. Especially as like you say, the DEP gives him a real punch if you need to ARO against something particularly heavy or just want that +3 up to 16"

ObviousGray likes this.
  19. ObviousGray

Yeah, C+ is really not a joke; it does add more notch when you paste it on SMG carrier.

Sure. I won't deny it for real. Even he had ARM 3, Mont was hitting him like DMG 14 - 45% of chance to survive a hit. I suppose that fragile single dice tricked my opponent badly.

He fell, obviously, but his dumb luck made the game in my favor.

Most of his assassination prowess comes from SMG, TBH, and I prefer not to go naked for reactive turn; WIP 13 FP is decent, still that opens you for mine stacking. It would take some more time for more situations.

DEP. Talk about it. I really enjoy brandishing it, especially when catching a non-cover unit with swift C+, snd guess what, it has pretty decent odds to blow your opponent. I blew up a naive tomcat before

If I faced a TAG, I would definitely invest orders for a solid DEP shot.

Thank you for good review; yeah, it's really hard to land a proper Shock ammo to this skirmishing pseudo-heavy.

20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't know how to put this gently but only an idiot is going to give you a normal roll against a discover roll without holding part of their order to f2f it.

The best use for the dep IMO is to sneak past models the dep them in the ass as a surprise attack.

Zewrath likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation