1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to expect from Zhencha?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Except someone got hold of your account and used the phrase "have been showing up a ton as a linkable option". Which is hardly applicable to 2/3 cases, with the newest case being against it.

Someone's determined to facelift every decision now that they got their toys, I see...

2. REND

REND Well-Known Member

I just want to focus on this sentence @Alphz because I don't know how that zuyong based version is in any way less likely to win a face to face roll than what we've been shown with the zencha? The cost would definitely be a critical factor in determining satisfaction or disappointment but it wouldn't likely be more than a daofei with shotgun.

Kallas likes this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I don't know if IA is going to be good or not. But I think "wait and see, this is how this could be interesting" is a rational perspective, and I'm happy to present it to try and cheer up the people who seem genuinely disappointed. If you disagree, or think that I'm on some kind of mission, i don't really know what to tell you. If you're determined to be miserable about IA... Or "win the argument" by proving that IA is bad... Fine? I can concede right now that IA is bad, if that helps you in some way. Doesn't cost me anything, and you seem to have strong feelings about proving it.

4. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Guys, Bostria was hyped about 'new' Kornak + Suryat link.
    Ofcourse he was hyping Zencha;)

Triumph and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  5. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

I've not had any serious response to the challenge of balancing what people are looking for - after all, a points algorithm can only take you so far before something is *too* good, regardless of coat.

6. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I didn't mean to imply it was less likely. More that the criticism is that adding camo to something apparently doesn't make it better enough to win face to faces.... It has to also bring better guns... apparently.

7. Nemo No Name

When did I ever give my opinion on whether will IA be good or bad?! :-O

8. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Don't think you did. The alternative is you Just wanted to claim a "being right" in the great game of the internet?

9. Nemo No Name

I don't even understand what you are trying to say with this. What.

10. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

"Hyped" might be a bit much. Don't forget that it could well be pointing out it is Kornak's only linkable option now. And varies from the old listing because the previous "Special" included fitting in Raktoraks, who are now Wildcards and don't need a ruling to include.

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Everytime someone propose a 'Wait, we can RAEG later', the opinion gets buried alive for like, 30 minutes. I tried, other people tried, only to get the answer of 'No, I'll go mad'.

Looks like another glorious day of Yu Jing forum.

Chaserabinov and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. SpectralOwl

Can I get a clarification on what this means? My interpretation is that requests for a calmer atmosphere are poorly received, but the wording is a little ambiguous.

On-topic, Zhencha FOs could be handy for Targetting units in Suppression Fire from unexpected locations. Still order-hungry though. I've had success in the past with Guided Missiles, but my meta is seemingly both less competetive and less spammy than most on here. Our only known Spec Fire platform is the Zhanshi LGL, which makes me think that bringing a Zhanshi Core with the Zhencha as an aggressive link, for orders and FO synergy, is probably the best way to squeeze value out of our poor, idiotically-classified Skirmisher in an iron poncho. (Last bit is sarcasm. Trying to stay positive, but attempts at being funny often fall flat.)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. ObviousGray

When someone tries to point out that we did not recieved a full army, and request some chill-out, it does not work.

Circular logic, rage about IDC reasons, ignorance about ANY other opinion, whatever you want. Paste that on the reasons side; It seems like everyone just want to cry over.

P.S.) I do like your research about Zhencha. Please continue - and in this thread, I tried to post a tactic about Zhencha. Mind if you check it out.

14. SpectralOwl

I checked your earlier tactics, ObviousGrey, and that actually did indicate something the Zhencha is good for; breaking through Warbands before they can throw smoke or wiping out heavies with DTWs in close range and surviving to take the objective. Since, to our knowledge, our links don't have MSV2+, the Surprise Shot could be key to keeping firing lanes open when smoke-chuckers are around and the spare wound and AP weaponry will do wonders against Domaru, Wu Ming and other HI carting around secondary DTWs. Daofei's better for the job, but the Daofei is also too pricy to waste waiting for an objective for two turns. Good catch, I actually did think CB were mad for a while, but that capability definitely pulls the Zhencha of the dumpster for me.

A Mão Esquerda and ObviousGray like this.
  15. ObviousGray

And please, keep up the good work.

Give us some fresh, constructive opinions like your past postings. This forum needs such opinion, and I feel you can do the role.

Welcome to Infinity, BTW.

krossaks, Mc_Clane, Alphz and 2 others like this.
  16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That's a little extreme, but it's not entirely wrong.

A marketer's job is to get people excited. An ethical market will find the good things to show off. An unethical marketer will just flat make shit up.

Not the Ariadna I face. Too many mines, often with overlapping fields of fire.

Uhmmm... Zuyong range from 26-39 points. Comparing Daofei with Wu Ming, Camo+Infiltration on a 2W chassis is about 12 points. But when you look at the Ariadna HI, Infiltration is +5 and Mimetism is +2 (no convenient spot to get actual camo by itself). (Also, the more I try to compare other YJ HI to the Daofei, the more confused I get. The Daofei seems particularly expensive for being -Kinematica and +1PH, Camo+Mimetism over a Wu Ming, +18pts)

No offense, but if you don't know how to win FtF with only camo and range modifiers, you really need to learn how to play. That's quite literally Infinity 101. It certainly wouldn't be my complaint that a Camo+Infiltration Zuyong had no way to win FtF!

Kallas, Nemo No Name and paraelix like this.
  17. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Because the wound is still open.

What is there to do when little has been done to assuage the injury? How long can you reasonably ask people to wait?

I think it's fair to say most of us understand we cannot do anything but wait. But reminders about the futility of any other action do little except maybe to incense more.

Triumph, Kallas and ObviousGray like this.
  18. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

wait just one month dude! just one month!

19. ObviousGray

Who could control other's feelings. It hurts. I know that. My feelings were hurt, too.

But I was trying to say there is other way to let go the rage, rather than mangling other people's opinions.

Won't be easy, sure, but its worth trying IMO.

20. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

May I offer a humble solution to that. Used to have to suffer through that myself. Sprinkle a generous helping of Lu Duan. Between the Mk 12 to fight at range, heavy flamethrower for the camp markers and MSV1. You can reliably handle midfield Camo. Also with Holo echoes, mine clearing becomes a lot less hassle free. Especially because the Holo echoes on the remote are S4 so the bigger echo can capture more mines in it's move.

To the topic at hand. This above reason is one of the reasons that i'm not as worried about the mine issue with the Zencha as many others are. I commonly use Lu Duan in vanilla and JSA when we had them. Removing mines blocking my ninjas, Guiliangs or oniwabans to allow them to work. And I used this tactic even before the HSN3 Holo echo rework.

I also enjoy using Sepulchre knights in Pan'O before I can clear a midfield with them before I breakthrough the opponent's line to strike the DZ.

-Ghost-, ambisinister, Kallas and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation