1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What lists have you made so far?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

This is excellent and needs to go into a Tactica thread. Also one of the reasons I love Bandits, and the new Booty roll made him even better since almost everything is useful on him.

Just ONE thing that is not pointed up there and may be an issue (this is new to N4):
    When approaching the Cheerleader line to lay up the mine, they get a Dodge-3 which allows them to Move and face you for the subsequent Order, which makes the whole mine-shoot the leader interaction impossible to pull. The odds of it succeding are not THAT bad (like 7s or 8s depending on the cheerleader), so you need to account for it.

There is also a bit of an strange interaction that I am not 100% sure about, basically what happens if their dodge puts them into the spot where you intended to deploy the Mine. Is the mine cancelled?

Bottom line, if possible, pick a side of the building where the cheerleader is more than 2in away from the corner.

Also, on Bandits: I like the BSG/EM Mines for big-game hunting in the midfield, since he packs AP ammo to contest within 8in with +6. My latest game my two bandits rolled an HMG and +4ARM... can you imagine the above but with the Bandit being basically a 1W infiltrating Brigada?

Vakarian likes this.
  2. Ingrimm

Ingrimm Member

I just played the following List against ALEPH in Unmasking:

gfUGbm9tYWRzCUxJIDMgVEFHc4EsAQELAIGkAQEAAIGwAQEAAIGwAQEAAIYPAAIAAIGlAQMAAIGlAQMAAIGUAQIAAIGUAQIAAIU1AQIAAIGpAQEAAIGXAQYA

3 Tags in one list feels ridicilous. And there was nothing I missed. It worked perfect for me.

zorlax7 likes this.
  3. zorlax7

zorlax7 Member

Here is a list I plan to run tomorrow. Haven’t tried 3 tags yet but I’m looking forward to it.

gfYAEFRocjMzIFRBRyBIM3Izc3mBLAEBCgGBsAECAAKBsAEBAAOBfwEBAASBfgEKAAWBKAEJAAaBKAEIAAeGDwACAAiGBwEFAAmBqgEBAAqBlAECAA==

crouchingotter likes this.
  4. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

That’s definitely a list :D

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Just saw this. Very cool diagrams. One point here though: you don't need to lose cover.

"A Trooper can move through allied Models, Markers, and Tokens, whose Silhouette Template height is equal to or lower than the height of the Trooper’s Silhouette Template. The Trooper cannot end their movement within the allied Model, Marker, or Token."

This allows the Bandit to Move through the Mine. So long as the Bandit doesn't move further than the leading edge of the mine (ie doesn't touch the Mine's template) then the Bandit can both see the closest Fusi and keep Cover.

The best bit is you can probably move forward only so far that you see the first Fusi (and not any behind) but can place any DTWs from the Bandit in such a way that they hit all the other Fusis. There's a little bit of rules fuckery going on to make that happen (not least using the fact that the Mine will Trigger and be removed during the execution of the order - this allows the Bandit to place DTWs in a way that would have hit the Mine's Camouflage Marker if the mine was still on the table): by placing the template on the side of the Bandit you can have it run parallel to the building edge without the Bandit actually being visible beyond the edge of the building.

[​IMG]

dexterv likes this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I do miss old shotguns but the new ones really advantage Bandits and Hellcats.

dexterv likes this.
  7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

The more I play the more I hate the shotgun change. it really hurts a lot units that relied on the impact template to be effective. It was also one of the few ways to reliably kill multiple models.

loricus likes this.
  8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

TBF removing a reliable way to kill multiple models is probably a good thing overall.

loricus likes this.
  9. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Definitely less crucial this edition than it was last edition. But I still stand by the removal of impact templates having a strong adverse effect on a significant amount of units.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation