1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Ikari content are people interested in?

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by Fathoym, May 15, 2019.

1. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Finally got around to finishing off my other brawlers.

Next up is the Wu Ming and the spec ops that will count as a Tokusetsu. I replaced the panzerfaust arm with a multirifle on the Wu Ming because I feel that profile will get used more often.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Finally Wu Ming time! Really hoping for a tatto on the face

3. Fathoym

Warcor

Aw man, why'd you have to go and throw down a gauntlet like that? Now I'm going to have to learn how to do tattoos...

ZlaKhon likes this.
  4. Fathoym

Warcor

About 95% done on the first wu ming, but I dont like how he's turned out so far. Although, I did say that about the daiyokai until the airbrush went on, so here's hoping that'll save him.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. ZlaKhon

Looks good! Maybe break up the green on the back of the legs a bit with some metal features?

archangeleong likes this.
  6. Fathoym

Warcor

Finally got a game in with the Wu Ming core, which is good because lists were due today for a 2-day tournament next weekend. I played Frostbyte against a MAF list running a Daturazi + Raktorak core, and Kornak + Suryat + Raktorak haris.

My list, was;

Wu Ming Core──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]

WÚ MÍNG MULTI Rifle + Nimbus Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    WÚ MÍNG HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    WÚ MÍNG (Fireteam: Haris) Chain Rifle, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    WÚ MÍNG (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    CLIPPER DRONBOT FTS Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
    BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2

NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 9)
    YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 9)

6 SWC | 300 Points

This was also my first time running Yojimbo. I haven't had much experience with impetuous smoke troopers prior to playing Ikari, and my inexperience showed in this game. I managed to get Yojimbo killed right at the beginning of the first turn. He survived his impetuous order, but died in his irregular order. That left smoke positioned too far back for my Rui Shi to accurately engage the Q Drone, but luckily my Tokusetsu was on fire and managed to bring the Rui Shi back online twice throughout the game.

I played the Wu Ming quite conservatively and only really committed them towards the end of my second turn. My opponent over-committed his Daturazi and I was able to pick them off from a few sides, and then control the midfield with the Wu Ming for the latter stages of the game. The Kornak haris was pretty locked down, as I was able to take down the Suryat in my first turn leaving them pretty neutered.

I managed to get all points except killing the opponent's Datatracker (it was the Raktorak from the haris team), and he was unable to activate any consoles giving me an 8-0 win, as everything he had froze to death except the Datatracker.

This list is also designed to tackle Rescue. I don't have too many great options in the Keisotsu/Tanko army to sync with civvies (all of that impetuous!) so I figured having an order efficient heavy link would help make that a little more manageable.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

roobot, ZlaKhon and Golem2God like this.
  7. Fathoym

Warcor

A bit of a big update today. I've been frantically working to get my Ikari ready for a 2 day event in Auckland this coming weekend. So I've pumped out the Wu Ming and my Tokusetsu proxy.

These guys feel a bit rushed, but I think that's mostly due to painting to a deadline rather than as I feel like it.

There are a couple of areas that will need a little touch up prior to the varnish going on, but I'm calling them done for now.

Next up will be the last few merc models needed to bulk out the lists. Yojimbo, libertos and krakot.

I'm not going to quite get fully painted (need a clipper and rui shi done up, but I can use the models from my pano army) but it's definitely better than it could have been!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

roobot, ZlaKhon and Golem2God like this.
  8. Fathoym

Warcor

Here's some close ups of the models. I tried painting a tattoo as @ZlaKhon suggested. I'm happy that the tattoos look like tattoos, but I dont like the design very much [emoji28]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Fathoym I guess you can always go back and touch up the models to your liking after the event. As for my personal opinion I think they look great where they currently stand.

Fathoym likes this.
  10. Fathoym

Warcor

Thanks :smile: I am happy with them, but I can see lots of little areas that could use a bit more depth. The army in general is still the best collection of painted models I have.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

Bravo. All the more to be happy about. Don't forget to tell us how your games and the event itself went.

12. Fathoym

Warcor

I often intend to take photos over a weekend and write up brief reports, but when the day actually comes around I either forget to take the photos, or I'm so mentally drained that I can't imagine doing another task while playing.

With my inexperience running impetuous troops and multiple 55mm bases, I'll probably fall into the mentally drained category this weekend, but I'll try my best!

Space Ranger and Golem2God like this.
  13. Golem2God

@Fathoym Understood. Any details you can remember would be appreciated.
    Don't you mean 40mm? I'm scratching my head to think of any units you can run in Ikari that use a 55mm base outside of Scarface.

14. Fathoym

Warcor

Bikes and the big remotes - Rui Shi, EVO etc.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Golem2God

Forgot that the special faction remotes & the hacker/flash pulse/combi remotes use a 55mm base instead. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Fathoym likes this.
  16. ZlaKhon

They look great! And I think the tatoo really helps to bring out the gangster wibe of the Wu Ming

Golem2God and Fathoym like this.
  17. Fathoym

Warcor

Last practice game prior to the ITS this weekend. I ran the same Wu Ming list in a game of Rescue, against Tohaa. What a miserable mission - but, you already knew that. Neither of us managed to get a classified, and we each only had 1 synced civvie inside the exclusion zone at the end of the game. So, a healthy 0 - 0 draw :joy:

I managed to feel a bit more comfortable with Yojimbo in this game, and I positioned the Koalas pretty aggressively and lost them to gunfire. How do you keep them alive in the reactive turn, other than hiding them behind total cover and hoping for the best?

The Wu Ming themselves did a lot of work, but I feel I should have spent more orders on them early in the game to position them for grabbing civvies later on. Usually I hold my core links until late turn 2 and make a move for objectives, but that doesn't really work in Rescue.

ZlaKhon and Golem2God like this.
  18. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Fantastic stuff as ever!

Fathoym and Golem2God like this.
  19. ZlaKhon

Scatter terrain really makes a difference for the Koalas I feel. I generally try to get them really close to an enemy to sort of extend my reach a bit beyond my ARO pieces. Ideal situation would be ARO pieces watching both sides of a building and the Koalas being behind it. Tpugh to pull of sometimes though.

20. Fathoym

Warcor

Just a quick update while I'm doing my last minute painting.

Red vs Blue

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation