1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if Jammer's Isolation was persistant only in Jammer's ZoC

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by eciu, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Yeah, helps when the ladder is convenient. Otherwise climb breaks stealth and you get a normal roll jam.

Zhencha are a decent option. But it’s still a fairly risky proposition.

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Yeah, but I never found anything more reliable when bomb-defusing the Jammer lines. Dao's too heavy, other midlaners are vulnerable to Jammer. Thats the modern YJ problem IMO.

3. Alphz

It’s not totally unique to YJ though. Hence this thread.

AdmiralJCJF, Section9 and Wyrmnax like this.
  4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Doesn't matter if Stealth gets broken. Climb, get Jammed, then use your Irregular Order to move into CC or Chain Rifle.

Or take the table side that doesn't have a building with no ladders right next to an objective.

Or deploy a Minelayer up there to deny the rooftop.

Or use a Zhencha's climbing plus to hunt that guy down.

Or use Madtraps to glue him when he's trying to make the climb.

Or cover the rooftop with an ARO piece so that a Jammer can't casually climb and set up there.

It's like noone wants to play the game. You should start an RPG group instead.

5. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

In find - in ALEPH that I also suffer horrendously to handle jammers.

BTS is nearly useless, as if you need to be rolling it that means you are screwed already. And even BTS 6 (wich is expensive and not avaliable everywhere) only gives you a 60% of chance of taking it on and not getting ISOed.

Speculative fire? With what? Only Krakots have grenades in the army, and LGLs are limited to BS 11 dakinis. And if it is one of the camo jammers, you need to discover that camo first anyway since you can't speculative a camo token. And I do not have throwaway pieces that can do that - even a simple myrmidon is still a 16 point investment.

As always, Ghazi are the more egrarious example simply because how cost-effective they are. And the threat of always bein able to get a normal roll against you on their active turn if they are in jammer range due to the combination of DTWs and jammer not being negated by the same ARO.

But yeah, general problem is that the jammer creates a uninteractive situation when he is situated inside / on top of a building or on any other hard to reach place. And the effect - Isolation - hurts too much.

6. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

@Wyrmnax
    Use Dart. Camo/Stealth, effective 2 Wounds, high likelihood of success with a Discover + Shoot, and Climbing Plus.

Your best bet vs Mutts though is stopping them from getting into position to begin with. Aleph outshoots Haq, so dominant AROs can help slow/contest Mutts from comfortably setting up in the midfield.

Ironically too, Yadus seriously mess with Mutts. E/M and Jammer hate Veteran. The tools are there, though some people don't like using them.

7. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Well said, though the fanatic peat won't hear it.

Arouse the rabble! Down with fire teams!

For those of you who can't figure it out, I'm sure there's at least several friendly players near you who'd be willing to lend a hand. A mind set in its ways is wasted.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Alphz

I didn’t think you could spend any further orders on a model after being jammed? I can’t seem to access wiki right now though.

Please don’t join the oldgregg school of responses. Hashing our half assed “solutions” isn’t really constructive.

The crux is there aren’t a lot of good solutions to some jammer situations. The only saving grace is it’s a series of single die rolls so there will be a variance. So also not a total OP weapon.

theradrussian likes this.
  9. oldGregg

Users here and on several other threads have provided several good solutions. I suggest you read them.

You said it yourself!

10. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Isolated units cannot spend any orders from their order pool.

Order pools consists of Regular orders. Irregular, Impetuous, and Lieutenant orders are not part of any Order Pool.

Tactical Awareness units can also benefit from this tactic.

11. Alphz

Yes. And many of them are either limited to certain factions, or in barakiels case above totally reliant on something that might be completely out of your control (the table layout + mission selection).

Yep. If you’d bothered to read my posts, or the actual original topic you’d realise some of us aren’t here to whinge, but to discuss how the weapon might be tweaked to fulfill a similar tactical role without being so absolute in the state it hands out without much risk to its user.

12. Alphz

Nice, that’s something to keep in mind. Even more reason to buy libertos.

ChoTimberwolf and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  13. oldGregg

The point is that it doesn't need tweaking. The way you "discuss" comes across as whinging, hence my interpretation and response. You'd realize that if you'd taken the time to read previous discussions or apply appropriate tactics in-game.

14. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

My problem with fireteams is how important they have becomed, how they equalize the playstyle of the different factions and how they make less useful solo pieces and TAGs. Sectorials need something to compete with Vanilla; but instead of mixed fireteams (aka bigger numbers for less points for everyone), I'd had liked to see a different way to balance sectorials (exclusive profiles of some models way better than in Vanilla, increase SWC or Points and special rules that only apply to that sectorial).

CabalTrainee, Alphz, Modock and 4 others like this.
  15. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's not a point the rest of us would agree with. "Just play around it' is the bleating of someone who's relying on a crutch.

16. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

you guys are gonna be real mad tomorrow when the 0-12 jammer drops

17. oldGregg

Says the guy who bleats his rage about almost everything CB does on these forums lol. I rarely even run jammers - Been playing RTF and DBS for quite a while now. I've never had a problem running against them.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Wouldn’t the flip side of “everything you like is a crutch” be “everything you don’t like is broken/OP”? Also, not being able to interact with/counter something with the exact tool I want to, rather than the ones that already exist, means it *does* need to be tweaked.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  19. Hecaton

Sure, if I had as little basis for what I was saying as @oldGregg .

meikyoushisui likes this.
  20. Hecaton

You've never played against anyone using them well then.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation