1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if Jammer's Isolation was persistant only in Jammer's ZoC

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by eciu, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The Comms Equipment label does serve an in-game purpose: anything with it is vulnerable to the CLAW-1 Blackout attack from a hacking device!

And given how jammers work IRL, they do need to be able to talk to other comms gear so that the jammer isn't stomping all over the comms frequencies that the unit carrying the jammer is using. Especially true for frequency-hopping radios, and was the big downside to the old Warlock IED jammers (the 'gumdrop' antenna). Warlock jammed everything indiscriminately, so people hated using them. Couldn't call base with the Warlock running. The replacement for the Warlock jammer (forget what it is called, it has big rod antennas) talked to the soldier's radios so it never broadcast on the same frequency the soldiers were talking on.

Yeah, that would be nice.

Because the post I was quoting specified a Super-jump+Shoot order from outside 10", which makes it outside Large Teardrop range. Same reason the Kerail symbobeasts are restricted to the contender-carrying one.

If you're going to allow "outside 8"/20cm" instead, well, that's moving the goalposts and does get a lot of factions/sectorials more usable models.

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You do realize that Jammers can Intuitive attack too? Why are you putting Flamethrowers in this list and not Jammers?

3. Hecaton

Perimeter Weapons can't ARO vs. a Camo or Impersonation marker.

4. Hecaton

Guess what, my Assault Hackers can do jack and shit vs. an Infiltrating camo state FO without LoF. Some dude with a Jammer can, when they interact with an objective. Where's the KHD for Jammers?

Dragonstriker and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

But I don’t like Jammers, so “something” has to be done about it!

oldGregg and RobertShepherd like this.
  6. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Just label it a "Negative Play Experience" and it'll get changed. Worked for Symbiowhatsits.

ChoTimberwolf and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  7. Hecaton

Yeah, and that turned into passive immunity vs. Stun and Flash ammo because they botched the Total Immunity rewrite. In certain circumstances the change is a buff.

They also didn't fix the Kaeltar profile, which is a cheap autoinclude CoC.

8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

That's literally what several people, here in this thread and elsewhere, have been arguing.

Including me.

Dragonstriker and chaos11 like this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

But for who, and how many? If it’s Renault’s lot, then unlikely...

10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Louder drum beats. Let the peat be more fanatic.

In the past, Corvus Belli has clarified how the darned things are supposed to work. They've had several instances in which they could have dialed things back. They haven't. So I'm forced to assume that Jammers "do something" that they want to have happen. Figure that out, and alternatives can be proposed to address that.

I find fire teams to be a Negative Play Experience.

Let's see how far that goes.

oldGregg and Tourniquet like this.
  11. Hecaton

How concerned is CB really with game balance in this context? I don't really think that Jammers fulfill a game role, they're sort of a design artifact from something that worked differently last edition.

12. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Assuming your opponent, quite frankly, F**ks up and leaves taregtable models next to his camo. And assuming you hit.

You are making personal attacks, dubious and often incorrect claims, and delivering it all with a holier-than-thou attitude.

At this stage I don't see any value you bring to the discussion, beyond rabidly defending your go-to crutch.

13. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Well said. CB doesn't seem to play their game, or the order + marker state spam meta defining approach to the game is good for sales? But then TAGS and other big shinies likely aren't leaving the shelves soo...hmm

Berjiz, Hecaton and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  14. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

As I stated, using Yu Jing most of those are not options. Not to mention you seem to have forgotten that some jammer starts in marker state. So I have to sacrifice something first and then my only option is a 40+ wu Ming profile to start biffing single dice on 7s vs a dodge. FANTASTIC odds, why didn’t I think of such a big brain play. It’s like saying to flash pulse a kamau is a viable strategy.

BTS 6 is going to still fail you 40% of the time so that’s a very bad pick to deal with something.

SKOZZOKONZ, AdmiralJCJF and Hecaton like this.
  15. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Yu jing has krakot, several TO and camo units and several MA units, including a 5 pts warband

oldGregg and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

To do what with the stated situation? I think you might have got the wrong end of this one as there’s been 2 pages of intermediate discussion.

A jammer on a roof under camo covering an objective is a hugely oppressive obstacle. One which, none of the above help with achieving the mission unless you’re suggesting spending an ungodly amount of orders.

SKOZZOKONZ and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Which is really problematic, and its a hard job to take out that pesky jammer presence.

Welp at least we got Zhencha.

18. fatherboxx

Just recently I spent just 1 irregular and 2 regular orders on my shaolin to get rid of Heckler in a camo on a roof (climb a ladder -> move+discover - > move to CC25).
    Stealth is very good.

19. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Camos got 360' sight; which makes me wonder, he didn't shot you in the face when the climbing finished?

theradrussian likes this.
  20. fatherboxx

Heckler was prone behind a crate on the roof
    If he was closer I would have just climbed on the 1st half (it was a ladder so no climb skill) and discovered even sooner

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation