1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do to combat gameplay burnout?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Randomcallsign, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Dichotomedes

Dichotomedes New Member

I'm here because I'm burned out on Warmachine. I'll return to Warmachine when I'm burned out on Infinity. Apparently both games are required to be a lifestyle to be any good at them.

Randomcallsign likes this.
  2. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

Snipe, Feat, Go. Good old times.

I can recommend Malifaux and Guild Ball as well.

3. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Go play something else, or DO something else other than game for a while.

Me, I make terrain between games (which can be months for me). A frenzied few months of terrain making followed by a handful of games, then rinse and repeat. This hobby though, for me, has never really been about the "playing" - it's more about the 'making' - the assembling and painting of models and terrain so I'm probably the statistical outlier (I know most of my peers HATE having to build terrain, and more than a few hate painting and/or assembling models.)

FatherKnowsBest and Mahtamori like this.
  4. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Read the rulebooks for different games, paint up some random stuff (like a bunch of goblins or whatever), teach someone else to play and siphon some of their enthusiasm.

5. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the input guys. I've tried to pull back from my schedule of two games a week to try and focus more on community engagement with the new players and hobby time. It seems to have worked and I'm feeling much more enthusiastic about our local tourney at the end of the month. Let's keep the discussion rolling however. I'm sure we could all use a reminder of these techniques from time to time.

6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

New project.

Typically for me when im bruned out from playing ill plan something new in terms of gameplay or switch up faction. Or go on a painting spree.

Recently picked up another game though for some.fun fantasy rank and flank when i need a break.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  7. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I usually build a new table of terrain. By the time I’m done I’m ready to get some games in, and have a new table to play on too!

I also toy with playing other games, but don’t really have the time to get into a totally different system. Painting a few models and reading the rules for other games is often enough to send me running back towards Infinity, haha.

8. siri

siri Well-Known Member

Play some Blood bowl on PC and When you play infinity again will feel the luckiest man in the universe !

Skjarr and TheDiceAbide like this.
  9. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

If you're the kind of person who gets salty over bad dice, DO NOT play Blood Bowl, hahaha.

Abrilete and siri like this.
  10. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

A good suggestion from Bostria: play Aristeia! instead.

Barrogh and TheDiceAbide like this.
  11. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

That’s a decent suggestion. It scratches the gaming itch, but is fresh and different, and much less of a time commitment.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation