1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do warcors do?

Discussion in 'News' started by Thaddius, Feb 4, 2019.

1. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Oh I was referring to the one we had in the Warcor subforum.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Did I miss something?

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  3. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

"Definitely not during 2018. If we want to clean up, streamline, the rules that would mean a very very ambitious project that has to be carried by smart people with a long period of development and that can not be a PDF file happening on a Tuesday. That has to be perfectly balanced, okay. "

Less an admission than an explanation of the work needed.

Skyhusky, Wolf, chromedog and 2 others like this.
  4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, considering the Black Origin Threshold is pretty much a one man riot...

gamma ray likes this.
  5. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Yeah, OTOH, I also remember some of the feedback being "These responses are wrong" with no additional information, and not one but several of the responses. When something starts with an attack, I don't expect a sensible discussion to follow. Who knows, maybe something would have come of it, it was only up for 2-3 days. It's hard to say what might have happened given some time.

Wolf and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  6. A Mão Esquerda

In my personal opinion, removing it was the best route, above and beyond locking the threads, even. It seemed (again, my opinion) that while perhaps the former WarCors that posted/ran the project were still trying to separate the wheat from the tares in the comments (which I believe they were), feeling was hardening among both supporters of the project and detractors, and getting more and more heated. Best to cut it off entirely. Last thing we need is another running battle on the forums.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

If you make a statement ("the rules work this way") you've got to be able to take criticism on it. They clearly weren't.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Play on words across languages. Peat, as in fuel, is turba (1) in Spanish. And turba (2) can translate back to rabble.

9. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

"These responses are wrong because X and the correct is/could be Y." is constructive. A:"This" B:"No" A:"That" B:"No" is not a exchange of critics but childish and better not reply, it wastes everyone's time (including the people passing by).

Wolf, A Mão Esquerda and RogueJello like this.
  10. RogueJello

There's a difference between criticism and attacks, which I clearly highlighted. If you attack somebody you shouldn't be surprised when they get angry.

11. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

They should use peat how others do - for filtering whiskey (after it's been through your kidneys) or just burning it. They'd get more use out of them that way. :D

12. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

This made my day Bruh. Great work! Hahahaha

ev0k and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I posted an exhaustive list critique of what they had done, line by line, but there was just crickets on the topic. They didn't want to take other people's advice, because their goal was to assume a level of rules authority they had no business having, and acknowledging their own capacity for fault to someone who was against the whole enterprise was a failure condition for them.

14. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I'm sorry – but I have to disagree with this sentiment. I'm pretty sure all cultures teach their children "Well he started it" isn't an acceptable excuse. If someone turns into a defensive asshat because someone on the internet told them what they created wasn't good enough, maybe they should go re-evaluate, especially when they want what they've created to be taken seriously or looked at in a half-way serious light.

15. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Quite simply the best post of the year so far. The Koni icon on the harassed bull is perfect; my understanding of the Warcor forum is complete! :smile:

#115 Wolf, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Some of the feedback was not incorrect but very unconstructive (and lack of constructiveness is a pretty regular issue in this community amongst some already) and that's a fair assessment to make, however the FAQ was also very wrong and their response to being told it was wrong and mislabelled was... poor

17. RogueJello

Who said it excused any behavior? What I'm offering is an explanation for why "Your FAQ is wrong" isn't feedback, but an attack. Further that leaving out the attack is a pretty one-sided way to explain things. To use your analogy no parent accepts "He just started hitting me, I don't know why". Further when "explanation" is offered, the response is "What did you do to him". Only in this case I know, so I'm saying "Yeah, he started hitting you, but you insulted him before that started".

Perhaps, but wasn't your first response just "This is wrong, and has a lot of wrong stuff" and the detailed list was AFTER several people pointed out it wasn't helpful? Because that's the way I remember the thread. If it wasn't you, it was definitely somebody else making those comments.

Wolf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

Pretty much this... mistakes and rapidly calcifying behavior all around, regardless of what we might want to memoryhole.

RogueJello likes this.
  19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I missed the actual launch - I was off the forums for over 24 hours and when I came back everything was metaphorically on fire.

20. A Mão Esquerda

Which, to me, shows that the specific decision to not just lock but delete the threads entirely was the right one.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation