1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can we expect from Vedic

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Wyrmnax, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I am not 100% sure the Posthuman will make it into Vedic. They are the one non-greek unit I could see possibly being left out. That being said, conceptually a character Posthuman could work. However CB would have to be very careful about the execution. There are already a number of complaints about the Posthuman being too good. Some of those complaints I think don't look at the total picture, but a lot I think have merits. I rarely build a vanilla list with out some Posthuman proxies, they pretty much are my Aleph line infantry. If the sectorial, and by extension vanilla, has access to regular Posthumans and a character Posthuman, without the balance issues being addressed, it could create some problems.

2. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Very interesting, it would allow for a character, with a intruiging background as well as retaining the restrictive profiles of the Proxies.

Still hoping for that Mk6 AD proxy as well

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Problem is, there are no third sectorial for Aleph (support is part of both assault and ops, made by the common remotes, the yudbots and the sophotect), and making Vedic wihtout Posthumas will either need a bunch of new profiles, or it will be lacking in several areas.

Also, if a future, theoretical third Aleph Sectorial were to be composed entirely of Posthumans... well, the cries would have hit us now, because so much cheesiness expands through time in all directions XD

Arlic and Stiopa like this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@xagroth: I think Bostria mentioned a possible Posthuman sectorial a few years back, but it's possible that the conception changed or got scrapped altogether.

AdmiralJCJF and xagroth like this.
  5. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Remember that, although later rumors had posthumans in the Vedic sectorial. And there really wouldn’t be much to build a PH sectorial on.

xagroth likes this.
  6. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

I believe in CB's ability to upset several apple carts with a bizzare, out there idea.

I look forward to the future NA2 army consisting only of Posthumans suffering an existential crisis modelled very vaguely after the rebel group in Blade Runner 2. Keen to get the giant naked lady holo-TAG as well XD.

xagroth and regelridderen like this.
  7. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Haven’t got around to seeing that movie, but now I’m suddenly keen on that sectorial :D

DukeofEarl likes this.
  8. Savant

Savant Lhosthost
    Warcor

No post humans wouldn't be without precedent. Look at the EI aspects in the combined army.

9. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Posthumans don't map to the EI Aspects 'though.

That's more like suggesting that the Asura, Marut etc. won't go in.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Through a mirror, darkly.

Daturazi Vs Myrmidons (and in a way, greeks Vs Morat follow the same "assault and kill" strategy)
    Asura Vs Charontid
    Jumper Vs Mnemonica
    Unidron Vs Dakini
    Marut Vs Avatar (as "direct presence of AI overlord on the battlefield")
    Bit Vs Scylla (in a way, and I'd bet quite unintended)
    Netrod Vs Imetron
    Evolved Intelligence Vs Aleph

Robock, DFW Ike and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  11. Iver

Iver Human Plus

I think much of that comes from how a learning AI operates in contrast to established military.
    The EI is clearly more advanced than the human sphere and so the different factions has had to adapt their military traditions and current assets to combat the aliens unconventional tactics.
    ALEPH, however, have not had such assets to draw from so she has simply taken in data from the enemy and grabbed what works limited by what she is capable to recreate and mixing that with pre-existing data to create her own military force.

xagroth likes this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Plus both AI's think along the same lines, but the EI does not need to develop an artificial army that is not predictable by design, because it has already several alien races she can deploy (Morat, Shasvastii...).

AdmiralJCJF and Iver like this.
  13. DarkBlack

DarkBlack Well-Known Member

I expect that the deva profiles will be reworked (hopefully with new sculpts), new options and changes to the ones that don't see much use (like the hacker).

14. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

Just though of something that'd make asuras very good without upgunning them : smoke grenades/smoke lgl. Vedic has no smoke yet, and asura profiles with smoke would be very good to abuse all the MSV2+

15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'm not so sure about giving Smoke sources to MSV3-toting troops... XD

16. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

i have been waiting vedics in patience for centuries.
    Asura will be in fireteam haris i believe. Most probably with devas which really need a rework. actually no wound inc. was something big before but not now. it has to be less points. devas are really expensive now.
    dakinis we are waiting. i pray to god that they will come up nicely.
    rakshasa.. please....

17. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Asura has access to Smoke in vanilla. On an excellent Smoke platform (16pts Myrmidon). It just barely makes the Spitfire kinda playable. If you really want her. Maybe.

Asura already has access to it, just not in Vedic pure lists. Charontid has access to it on multiple, some even better platforms (ex. Daturazi).

Frankly, if Vedic doesn't get smoke, Asura and Marut will not be played in Vedic. Marut is great, but you need the Smoke to actually make back the 120 pts investment worth it. Only Asura profile playable in any kind of competitive lists is the Spitfire one, and then only if you provide Smoke for her. Everything else is for friendly games.

18. Renfri

Renfri Well-Known Member

Since the efficiency of 2W + NW:I vs shock has been reduced, could we imagine Regeneration on the Asura ? Might be a bit OP if she retained 2W + NWI, although there would still be the risk of killing her to get her out of NW:I back to W

19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Not my point, one thing is to have another troop with smoke in the army, another entirely is to have smoke and MSV2-3 on the same troop. I concur that Vedic will need smokers, I just don't think it is a good idea, from the game's balance, to give the smoke sources to troops that can see through smoke (despite being the very first thing I would do if I were to design the troops loadout for real, instead of interesting/balanced games).

chaos11 likes this.
  20. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood things completely - did not realise Kir was suggesting giving Asura Smoke (Grenades/LGL). Yeah, that is not the way I would go either.

Also, Regeneration, really? :disappointed:

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation