1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about NCA?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Rebel-187, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Rebel-187

Rebel-187 Well-Known Member

Title says everything! Since Acon and MO get their update I am asking myself if NCA get an update to?
    What do you guys think?

2. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

New Deva profiles and Bolts with forward deployment... I think that's all we are getting in NCA.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

They're also one of just two sectorials who also got access to the new character for ITSX

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Annd not that long ago they got new crazy OP CSUs...

A Mão Esquerda and barakiel like this.
  5. barakiel

CSUs definitely are worth a mention, even if their Duo is apparently a great false crime :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I mean this in the nicest, least hostile way I can...

So what?

ITS specific stuff should never be mentioned as "buffs" or "new" for a faction. Same should never be said for anything that exists in other forces but has a token presence elsewhere--see Devas.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. barakiel

That's a subjective viewpoint that fits firmly in the realm of personal opinion. It doesn't change that for those of us who play the game, we have more tools now than we did some time ago. As Fatality L1 on TAGs tells us, bonuses may carry over from one Season to the next, becoming an ongoing fixture in the landscape.

Solar, Balewolf, Shoitaan and 7 others like this.
  8. kanluwen

You know what else you have?

The potential for that "tool" to get stripped away from you next ITS.

If these things become an ongoing fixture in the landscape of ITS, why the hell aren't they just put onto the actual profiles.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

We're fine, thanks.
    Seriously, dude: Swiss & Aquila, cheap TO camo, cheap MSV2, AVA3 Fugazis & Pathfinder... No warbands, but we have pretty much everything else...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think that CB has tipped its hand as to how the game will be updated in the future. Smaller books with smaller focus on the factions and sectorials being looked at. I expect that next book is going to cover shasvastii and the new Haqq sectorial and probably update a few old sectorials and armys with unit revamps, new units and modern fireteams. NCA may not be in the next book but it will get an update eventually to put it in the more modern design in a future book.

Ixidro and barakiel like this.
  11. kanluwen

Also overpriced Medium Infantry and unlinkable Light Infantry that are supposed to be the 'signature' unit of the Sectorial...but yeah, sure "fine".

And really, that "cheap TO camo" comes at a cost of its own: compare a Hexa to a Spektr. The Spektr is 31 pts to the Hexa's 24...if you think that's "cheap" for the bland Hexa? Cool. I think it highlights the lack of a true design methodology.

Hexa strikes me as what Yu Jing is supposed to have for its stuff: "high tech on the cheap", while PanO is supposed to be "high tech, high prices".

12. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Im with barakiel.

New csu profiles
    New deva profiles
    New characters
    MI and AD buffs

Lots of love for the hyperpowers capital army. Denying that NCA got the stabdard "refressher" over the last year just because MO got utterly redone and VIRD is a brand new faction is basically denying reality.

The Deva optiona alone are varied and powerful enough, and come in a high enough ava that they change the landscape of NCA on their own

Essentially, NCA got their update spread out over about 6 months or so

13. kanluwen

And Devas are OSS units, not NCA units.

What happens when they get changed because of OSS? You really think NCA will get to keep an option that OSS doesn't get?

14. daboarder

Warcor

Mate when you consider a list limited by your own perception of "what belongs", ignore what actually is and what others like theres no way you are ever going to be satisfied.

Toddle on back to dakka

Flipswitch, Zsimbi, Balewolf and 2 others like this.
  15. kanluwen

And when you consider a list that includes literally everything but what is actually part of the faction, no wonder you lot are always perpetually talking about these "seasonal changes" like it's some kind of amazingly well-written balance.

Newsflash: You shouldn't need ITS Season rules to "fix" problems. It's one thing for them to be beta tests, but why the hell aren't they then put in on the actual unit types?

See: Fatality and TAGs.
    And people wonder why I'm so excessively "hostile" here.

WarCor being an ass? "Oh it's okay. It's just to Kan."

16. daboarder

Warcor

Glass Houses Kan, mirrors help too. Dont hide behind others "status" take responsibility for your own behaviour

17. kanluwen

Hypocrite much?

I'd also like to point out that you actually ignored the point I made in favor of starting another personal attack. Which goes to show that you can't refute that point and would rather try to start a flame war.

18. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Bolts, Orcs, Uhlan, Auxilia pricing, Bipandra, BF MSR etc NCA is far from fixed.

But the new additions have no doubt made it better than ever, although you'll still start building a list with a Swiss most of the time.....
    Claiming NCA has been hung out to dry seems a bit overly dramatic.

Judge Dredd and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  19. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

For a startoff I consider it VERY unlikely that Deva will be changing again anytime soon. They aren't exactly broken, up or down, in OSS or elsewhere. They seem likely to stay as they are in the long term.

But, so what if they DID change?

Even if something was modified, we would still have more options available to us in NCA than we did before. Technically they COULD delete ALL of the new profiles, but I don't think that's credible at this point.

At the same time:

This overstates things.

Pretty significantly.

It's nice that NCA has had a minor update thanks to flow-through effects from improvements elsewhere, but it's hardly touched the Sectorial as a whole. And it's not like there needs to be huge changes. But it would be nice to see a few small tweaks.

After all, most of us were using CSU already, and most of us were using Deva already (at least some of the time). It would be nice to see some of the things that we don't use brought up to the level where we consider putting them on the table more often.

20. daboarder

Warcor

Bolts are viable, even the optimal choice for ground control missions.

Deva open up a range if low cost yet survivable options not the least of which is allowing us to truly participate in the hacking game.

Thats 2 strategies that were not viable before now being quite helthy.
    Thats pretty good in terms of a boost.
    And thats before we look at cheap scpring metachem with goid profiles or the impact of a few non swc attack pieces like aida or CSUs

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation