1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wendigo's plog

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by wendigo, Nov 1, 2018.

1. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

More scatter terrain! These crates aren't as punchy as the others, but I had fun painting them anyway.
    [​IMG]

toadchild, Oni, Koin-Koin and 2 others like this.
  2. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Gutier Lusquinos! I picked up this model at NOVA 2019. It was a very old casting with very faint detail and some pitting on the surface where not enough metal went into the cast. It was definitely more challenging than some of the newer 3D sculpts with deep crevices. It seemed appropriate to use the fancy one-off Warsenal base that I also got at NOVA. Anyway, he makes a good unique HVT.

[​IMG]

3. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

OG McMurrough!

I found an ancient blister of the original 1st edition McMurrough at the Historicon flea market in Lancaster, PA a couple of years ago. The combination of a 28mm Lion-O from Thundercats and a giant inflatable lion with a sword were just too tempting to pass up, so I picked it up. It sat there primed on the shelf staring at me for at least a year before I ran out of other stuff to paint and decided to run some Ultramarine through the ol' airbrush. I haven't played with either of these miniatures yet, but they would make a good McMurrough/Wolfgang duo the next time I run Corregidor.
    [​IMG]

4. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Soldiers of Fortune!

I picked this box up because I wanted a Senor Massacre for StarCo/Corregidor that wasn't an awful sculpt. I ended up using the other three characters as experiments and practice for other color schemes. Laxmee made a good Jazz proxy as well. These are great sculpts, and now I am considering trying out ForCo, since I am most of the way there already with Nomads.
    [​IMG]

5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Love the vibrant colours, I could never pull this off and make it look good.

wendigo likes this.
  6. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Greif Operator! These guys are just too much fun, although I am usually using Jaan Staar instead these days. I am not a huge fan of this model and I phoned it in a bit on this guy, especially on the head.

[​IMG]

Engorn, Gurutz29, Uthoroc and 2 others like this.
  7. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

SPEC-OPS. Yet another Tohaa spec-ops added to the collection (The one on the left is new). Does anyone actually play with Spec-Ops? I think I played in one or two spec-ops tournaments three or four years ago, and people just picked all the skills for their spec-ops that their faction doesn't offer. Anyway, I think the new one is Taagma instead of Hatail, but it will see the table about as much as the other ones, which is never. Gotta paint 'em all, though!

[​IMG]

Engorn, redeemer, jherazob and 3 others like this.
  8. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

CHAKSA LONGARMS! What a weird unit. They were straight up awful in their Spiral Corps N3 debut, but they appear to have gotten an upgrade in N4, as well as being added to Bakunin, WhiteCo, etc. I dusted off my original Tohaa color scheme, but I misremembered my original Chaksa flesh colors, and made them a flat brown instead of the color I used before, which is regrettable. Looking forward to trying out that Portable Autocannon!

[​IMG]

Engorn, Ugin, redeemer and 3 others like this.
  9. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

MONSTRUCKERS
    I can only field one of these guys in Spiral, but I picked up the second one because I think these are great models. The hats and exolegs of these guys are an experiment in painting yellow. I am pleased with the results, although I am pretty embarrassed by my eye painting job. This was also the first time I used a new CB base with the LoF markers, as I have mostly switched to Warsenal bases.
    [​IMG]

Engorn, Willen, redeemer and 2 others like this.
  10. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

OKTAVIA GRIMSDOTTIR, Icebreaker's Harpooner!
    Well, I bought the book, I might as well paint the mini even if it never sees the table. I am experimenting with color combos for an upcoming ALEPH project, so I tried them out on this lady. I will probably stick with the magenta and orange, but swap out the grey for something more interesting.

[​IMG]

11. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Databanker! This is the civilian that came in the dire foex box with Jelena Kovac. I used the same colors as Oktavia, and some Turbo Dork metallics on the metal bits. Usually, I do metallics after varnish, but this time I varnished last to see what it would happen to the surface. Well, it pretty much ruined it. Lesson learned.

[​IMG]

Engorn, Koin-Koin and jherazob like this.
  12. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Mary Problems! Not exactly what I imagined an uberhacker would look like, but it's nice not to have to proxy her anymore. I washed her red bits with Carroburg Crimson after highlighting and really flattened it out. It was right around this time that I started diluting washes with water before applying them to keep the highlights punchy.

[​IMG]

Engorn, Koin-Koin, Willen and 2 others like this.
  13. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Securitate! My favorite looking line infantry. I have posted most of these guys before, but the Feuerbach guy is new. Burning through my Tunguska backlog and almost finished.

[​IMG]

14. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Cheerkillers! I still haven't played an N4 game with Tunguska yet so I have no idea if they're any good, but they sure were fun to paint. A little on the delicate side, though. It's just a matter of time before that baseball bat bends off and I am not looking forward to pinning it.

[​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation