1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wendigo's plog

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by wendigo, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Anytime, including after you deploy your reserve model(s). So, as you say, you can attempt to influence your opponent's deployment when deploying first.

2. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Neema!

I was originally going to just have the spitfire model, but I ended up picking the old one because I like the model, even though it's an ancient, busy hand sculpt. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a Symbiont bikini. I've played Neema a few times and she can be a total beast, but in the end I feel like my points are better spent on a Sukeul so she will probably stay in the case most of the time. Only two models left to be done painting Tohaa!

[​IMG]

Oni, xammy, Section9 and 4 others like this.
  3. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I like the alien grass/coral/seaweed-like thing going on. Really reinforces that they're alien in origin.

4. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Ectros! I don't really ever expect to field these guys and the models are lame, so I saved them for last. The good news is, I have painted an entire Tohaa army. I am going to go back and redo all my LoF markers with the light green on the sides and the dark green in the middle, hit some accents with a metallic bronze, and move on to another faction. Looking forward to painting with different colors!

[​IMG]

Xeurian, jherazob, Koin-Koin and 3 others like this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats on completing your Tohaa, what's next?

6. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Ye i do not like thous sculpts
    but i like Nema one
    are they holding hokey sticks ?
    any way congrats on finished Toooooooooha :)

7. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I'm going to go back and paint all the Nomads stuff that has come out since I started painting Tohaa. I have close to 30 guys now that Tunguska has come out.

But first! Straight from the Third Offensive book: The Fishman! He has been an autoinclude in every Tohaa list since he came out and I couldn't wait to get the model painted up. I adore this guy and he always trades up. I haven't seen too many of these painted up yet so I am curious to see what other people do with him.

[​IMG]

Section9, Oni, Koin-Koin and 3 others like this.
  8. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@wendigo This is the first time I've seen this model painted up on here. Glad to hear that the unit is valuable to your Tohaa force.
    What is your opinion of the new Tohaa units about to be released? Any plans to pick up the Spiral Corps Army Box when it comes out?

9. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I plan to pick up the Spiral Corps box and I am looking forward to painting some new Tohaa models. I will reserve final judgement until the army update, but I don't yet see why I would want to play Spiral Corps over Tohaa. None of the new unit profiles they released seem like they would rival the Sukeuls, Makauls, etc. that didn't make it over. Hopefully I am wrong about that, and I am relieved to still be able to play legacy Tohaa after the update.

CSUs! I had painted up the left two guys before I started on Tohaa, but I just finished the pistol packin' lady on the right. It is hard to find a reason to take a CSU in StarCo, a faction with lots of amazing models like Jaguars in the same price range. I really liked the model though, so I bought and painted 'er up anyway.

I wanted to put her on a Tunguska base like the others but her base slot is right in the center of the base, where the magnet slot is on the base, and I didn't see any way around it where the model wouldn't come off of the base with the tiny attachment point it offered. More Nomads stuff up next.

[​IMG]

10. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I'm glad for those who play Vanilla Tohaa as well. Though it makes me uneasy to se certain newer sculpts being discontinued. I thought CB would only take away the really old models. Why take away Tohaa's only T.A.G. and pilot? The two Sukeul models already released? It doesn't make sense to me.

And your CSU's are nicely done. Always looking forward to your next completed unit picture.

Oni likes this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very nice fishman!

Golem2God likes this.
  12. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

The newer models that have been discontinued are obviously fine. The Sukeul models are some of my favorite Tohaa ones. I get the impression that it's more about phasing out Tohaa as an army than the retiring of older sculpts like in some other factions. I am just happy that I can continue to play Tohaa as I did before after the Daedelus Falls update.

Zoe & Pi-Well! They are a mainstay of Bakunin and Nomads and I loved the old models. I wasn't a fan of the new Zoe until I started painting her but I did want a new Pi-Well just so there was less confusion about him being silhouette 2 during play with people unfamiliar with Nomads. I am grateful they kept the dopey robot look with Pi-Well as I love the juxtaposition of him being such a stone cold killer and looking so friendly.

I am trying to do more airbrush highlights these days, so it was nice to have so much open hard surface on Pi-well to practice on. I am also trying to get more out of my high dollar Tunguska bases, so I did some airbrush highlighting on those as well. I used Maskol for this and I am in love with the stuff. I was using silly putty to mask before but it's not precise enough for the lines on the bases. More Bakunin up next.

[​IMG]

13. Section9

Well, some of the OOP Tohaa are definitely pre-CAD (looks at his new Gao-Rael blister).

You can just about guarantee pre-CAD models are going to go OOP for resculpts eventually.

14. maru

maru Well-Known Member

you got ther a thic paint - a bit to thic

15. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Good riddance to the pre-CAD Tohaa sculpts, I say. There was such a marked jump in quality when they switched to digital and it's so hard to back to painting old stuff. I'm looking forward to painting up the spiral corps box, even if I just end up using them in Tohaa.

Raoul Spector! Technically he is Tunguska, but since he is also in StarCo, I front loaded him. I have been doing almost all of my Nomads by the box, but I just couldn't hang with the official paint job. Light gray is too boring and I love painting red too much. I think my scheme is better, but I suspect I am biased. :)

I do love playing with this guy, although it took me a couple of lucky, truly murderous runs to consider him an autoinclude. I usually shy away from AD, but this guy has the goods. After he carved up an entire fireteam of Acon Regulars, I was hooked! Glad to finally have a sculpt!

[​IMG]

16. Section9

Wow, you didn't even put him into the Pikachu pyjamas... :smiling_imp:

jherazob and Red Harvest like this.
  17. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Et alors? Nothing wrong with thick, paint or women.

If it is not lumpy, or uneven, thick painting is fine. Just another style, and as valid as thin. There are multiple ways to paint a mini well. Or a π-well.

18. maru

maru Well-Known Member

well i c a difference
    I would not put a thick woman on a minature ..
    but minature on a Thick woman is a possible outcome ;)
    never less paint on Pi Well looks like way to mutch and face of Zoe looks like on HEAVY makup :)

19. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Ah, but you are looking at a heavily magnified image of the painted minis. Mr. Zoom can distort things, eh, and even lie. I'll bet that in real life, the minis look quite nice.

Therein lies the problem with critiquing minis based on the images seen on screen. One does not necessarily get all the information needed to make a useful critique.

Off my soapbox now. Wendigo has posted some images of nicely painted minis. I'm glad he did. I hope that he continues to do so. This forum would be a much better place if more people posted their works. ( Disclaimer: I do post my works on another forum. Maybe I'll start posting here too.)

20. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I really wanted to, especially after the forum post photoshop. I hated the jetpack. But once I got ahold of the model I could tell it was a solid sculpt, it just needed an alternate color scheme to bring it out. Plus my green stuff-fu is weak. I would love to have a Pikachu version, though.

Taskmasters! I am cleaning out the dregs of Bakunin now. I have been sitting on this model for years because I can't imagine ever fielding it. I painted the koalas a long time ago because you can always use more koalas. I did the Tinbot last year, and I finally pushed out the ol' Taskmaster HRL himself last week. Awesome model, too bad about the profile. A little more Bakunin to go then back to StarCo and onto Tunguska.

[​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation