1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wendigo's plog

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by wendigo, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Psychedelic Chaksa are amazing, well done !!

2. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Igao! I don't think I've used these guys at all outside of random lists, but I love the idea of them. When I was playing Nomads, the idea of a a MA3 camo infiltrator was amazing. Frenzy kicking in and killing the camo and cover really takes a lot of the wind out of their sails, though. I still think there is some promise in a token heavy Tohaa list, especially now that we can use the 10pt minelayer fishman. Is that token a mine, a Clipsos, a fishman, or an Igao? I am a sucker for that kind of psychological warfare.

[​IMG]

Section9, Koin-Koin, Oni and 2 others like this.
  3. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Kosuil! I love this model. This is easily one of the coolest models in Tohaa. Trouble is, I can't figure out why I would ever want to use him in a list. I've used him a few times in random lists and, while he did OK, it is a mediocre profile in a sea of amazing profiles. I also had the other Kosuil model (I picked up the double blister). Unfortunately, that one broke at the shin and I haven't figured out a way to reassemble it in a way that won't come apart again. It too is a cool model but I don't think I'm going to buy another one.

Next up: Gorgos!

[​IMG]

Oni, Xeurian, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

bow before mighty neontooha . have you tryed a real fluo neon paints ??

5. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

No, but I am interested. Can you show me which ones you are referring to?

Gorgos! I was for sure I was going to paint this guy last, but I was feeling airbrushy the other day and I just belted him out. This is my first real attempt at airbrush highlighting, and I learned a lot. For some idiot reason, I painted the green symbiont armor before I painted the purple, so I spent a lot of time masking off the green while doing purple highlight passes. In the future, airbrush stuff first and brushwork later. It seems obvious, but I am winging it over here.

The pilot easily sets the record for "most straps on a single model". I had forgotten about the strap fetish as I knocked out the Kamael first, but I was quickly reminded how little fun they are to paint. The peripheral, well I painted him a long time ago in a rush to plow through the potato people, and he turned out serviceable but sloppy.

I don't anticipate using the Gorgos outside of missions that require TAGs to score, but he was fun to paint. I tried him once in a show of force mission against an Uhlan, and he lit that thing up but the AP spitfire failed to put it down. The symbiont flamer weakness is just too penalizing given how many flamers are out there to take this unit seriously.

[​IMG]

Section9, Berjiz, xammy and 3 others like this.
  6. maru

maru Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    like thous
    or thous :
    [​IMG]
    or thous
    [​IMG]
    this can give you this effects :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and ye thousdare glowing under blacklight :)

Xeurian and jherazob like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I have both the Vallejo Model Color fluorescent range and the Vallejo Pro RC fluorescent range, the Pro RC range has a couple more colors than the Model Color range. Both have very poor coverage, require many thin coats before they really show colors under normal light. You can get better coverage by mixing with a close approximation of their bottle color in a non-fluorescent paint. If you mix too many (or too much) fluorescent paints into a blend for a specific color (as seen under white light), it will glow near-white under UV instead of whatever the mix happens to be.

Regardless, prime white, the fluorescent paints need the light primer to reflect light back through their layer(s).

8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Vallejo seems to have fluos spread (or duplicated) over ranges (VMC, VGC, VMA, VGA, etc).
    Even "pro" paints are non-opaque, as shown in the labels (which model paints could copy, better info and paint sample), this family of pigments is that way.

9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Well you can always get Fluo pigments in a jars a flue powder mixed with medium grants depending on ratios a translucent effect or damn solid one but this require a bit of work

10. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Thanks for the fluorescent tips. I will pick up a set of VMC fluos and give them a shot.

Kotail! These guys have taught me that I am really bad at using Holoprojectors. I have had them used well against me, but I haven't been able to use them to great success myself. The whole "mate goes on the actual model" ruling turned me off to them as well. Also, these models are really busy. Did all the panels really need three diamonds on them? These guys are pretty much going right into the bottom of the bag. Almost finished with Tohaa, though!

[​IMG]

xammy, Red Harvest, Xeurian and 5 others like this.
  11. Section9

Those Kotail look pretty good, so I think you need to assign their 'Mates to someone else and trust the Shadow Clone Technique to keep them safe.

12. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Deploy Kotail as 3 base infantry man using his skill as Holo echo 2 to deploy in both states at same time (just do not mask him as impetous unit this is just way to giving up after your first turn or after order count ) do not attach Pokemon - in this way your oponent will not set a heavy aro towards him in deploy phase. :)
    give em a Shake not shot :)
    the consystency of this paints will be a jello usualy so applay on bright areas - if you want an osl - make it white and grey then aplay fluo , if gems - same , and armor plates - use fluos to mix with brightest paint you gona putther normaly and in this way get a 30% ~- 60% brighter and more intense colour then normaly
    other trick is to put a bright Yellow infer a Fluo red or Orange tor glow effect
    and Same Yellow under Green fluo to get a this glowy green effect that start at center yellow and spreads "evil green" around
    [​IMG]
    green fluo is on white , but the on arm "gem" is on yellow and mix of Green and orange fluo
    [​IMG]
    this how it looks like under black light
    [​IMG]
    and on this mini you got purple spiced up with fluo pink/ magenta (paint just purple highlight to white - then applay fluo magenta over it ) dress is with fulo tint to to add vibrant hue to a but dull purple without making it redish
    and ye glases are orange covered with Fluo red + white blicks
    hope this helps :)

13. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

What is the Shadow Clone Technique?

The fluos look cool and they look like they would be useful for punching up some highlights. That being said, that Oniwaban is a little loud for my tastes and I don't think any of my models will be viewed under a blacklight any time soon.

Hatail! I like this model, even though it is old. I don't think it will see a lot of table time outside of being a proxy as I haven't played a game with spec-ops since like 2016. Either way, he's done now and I think I have four models left to finish all of Tohaa, which I am very excited about.

[​IMG]

jherazob, Oni, xammy and 2 others like this.
  14. Section9

Shadow Clone Technique, aka Holoprojector L2, is an anime ninja move.

15. maru

maru Well-Known Member

fun fact kage bushin no jutsu was a real thing used to tistract guards or targets and it used a dekoy made from wood and leafs dressed as a ninja and placed before or consist of a group of ninja each dressed exacly same but not showing at same moment to sudenly apear in other place or to jump out of hiding with a smoke bomb and gank an enemy lured before in 1 V 4 , or to mask a real mesenger or thief with important documents so persuers would not know which one to chase after .

Remember holo echo lvl 2 allows to deploy with a state of combined l1 and l2 so set up on table a "fake Triad" of 3x kamael ;)

jherazob likes this.
  16. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

It will be missing the Triad leader token.

17. maru

maru Well-Known Member

thats why it is a Fake Triad :)
    it looks like you set a "spare" kamael's to refill if other triad loos a member ;)
    It is like in Haqq setting up an Ayyar in deploy as a 3 x Ghulam snipers or Rifle ones to lure opponent fire toward echos if it is not your first turn or to hide him in deploy phase so oponent will not set up an aros agains him directly :)

18. Section9

Which doesn't get placed till your first turn.

19. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Looks like it would get placed before. You can't setup a dummy triad but you can do what Maru mentioned afterwards by setting up potential spare members that look like they will jump into triads with a command token.

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Creation_of_a_Fireteam
    • During the Deployment Phase, placing a Team Leader Marker (F: TEAM LEADER), or equivalent, next to one of the troopers that meet the Requirements of this rule.
    • When a Fireteam is created, the player must declare which troopers are members of it.

20. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Durring what moment of deploy phase yu place a fireteam token ??
    as it go like this - player one set up minis , player 2 setal minis , player one set up reserves , player 2 set up reserves
    is it before reserves , after reserves , in the mean time ??
    as this could work as miss direction triad for deployment phase if you set fireteam tokens in reserve phase or after so both players would set already ther armys to most of minis

the wording "during deployment phase " make me courious as it is not "during the deploy of this mini "

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation