1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

A distinct possibility, and a good reason none of their units are available for regular Black Ops any more.
    Plus, if they do it opens up a potential SAA vs Morat, Operation: Noun-Verb box for 2022 (when they decide to finally shelf MO).

Zsimbi, DaRedOne, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  2. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

This. Way too much Space Jesus. Yu Jing supposed to be the HI faction and the CC faction, so we have the oddball HI CC sectorial, that isn't really. Most of the sectorial doesn't even work, so why bother.

If CB want to save SKU (which I suppose mostly mean production capacity), then why not throw out all the ugly old sculpts out the window?

Like Auxilia, old croc man (they still look quite good though), Teutons (derp), Orc blister (ultra derp), NCA starter, Bolts SWC box (not old, but nobody cares), support box, spec ops blister, Angus dire foes, Kamaus, Military starter.

The list could go on for other factions as well. If people really want the old sculpts, ebay them, but it's be better to proxy until new sculpts come out.

From IJW's I'm totally fine with throwing out regular, Montesa, Guarda, Kirpal.

injenegr, Savnock and Shoitaan like this.
  3. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I would have, because it's what I like. But at least I would have known not to expect anything, instead of hoping and regular disappointments.

By now, I also play SAA (it's my only PanO force). I mind not at all this break, as it means I get new stuff now. ^^

Yes. It should've been even better, but alas. At least sculpts are pretty good.

Stiopa and CabalTrainee like this.
  4. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Totally see this point in having the facts. Still don't want to start the army now. Guess my personal interest in Acon is just not as high as yours is for Aleph.

Yeah i was mostly talking about the sculpts. I have to admit i have not enough Aleph experience (few players in my community) to properly judge the rules yet.

5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

That's fine. Nobody is saying there won't be less Acon players. But sectorial will stay fully playable for old players and there will be some new players. But that's not necessarily bad for the game; it's not gonna lose many players as there is plenty of other sectorials to play.

Sculpts are awesome. New Asura, Dakinis, Garudas. Hate the new Boarding Shotgun models, and I always hated the MULTI Rifle model, but what can you do? (put a different gun on Asura I guess, which is what I did XD ).

6. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

I'm just flabbergasted that, of all the starters, they decided to retire the newest and most essential one.
    MO starter is completely irrelevant and ancient. Everything in it can be bought separately. And they're drumming up a new 300pts box that could easily replace it for a while.
    NCA starter needs an update badly. And much like MO starter, many players can just live without it. Make a separate ML Swiss or KHD Hexa, drop the NCA starter and most old NCA stuff, done.

I know that we "experienced players" know how useless MO and NCA starters are, but I suspect many newbies come to the game and buy those only to shelf half or all of them in the coming months, as they learn to play and list build. But really. Those should have gotten the axe until update.

Especially MO.

Golem2God and Pierzasty like this.
  7. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

It will stay in ITS and probably get a little buff too, I even bought the models going OOP 5minutes ago, as I always really liked the Dragao sculpt!

Golem2God and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@SmaggTheSmug: actually I'd prefer CB to wait with replacing starters until they learn how to do it right. ASA and upcoming Varuna ones are an SWC nightmare. And I need to get two ASA ones to convert the Regulars I use.

AdmiralJCJF, ZlaKhon and Pierzasty like this.
  9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Given that they're not being removed from from the game or the background, those can't be options.

Again, they're not being removed from the game, or removed from PanOceania. This is in no way equivalent to Uprising.

Model releases, books, the upcoming update to parts of PanOceania...

?

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well it was more alongside fate of MRRF, "decimated/tied up/unavailable/recovering/lost combat efectiveness"

AFAIK (but probably @Section9 will know better) military unit is deemed "unfit to fight" as soon as it losses ~30% of manpower.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  11. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

From the production capacity point of view i doubt that the hiatus from Acon goes entirely to freeing up space. Retiring the starter pack and the Bagh-Mari(the characters with useless abilities and outdated sculpts probably don‘t take up any capacity worth mentioning) will free up capacity for, well, a starer pack and a standard box. Maybe 1 box more, depending on the Dragoes really being that popular.

That leaves overlapping features with Varuna. If Varuna becomes better at most of the features Avon has, I‘ll be able to deal with it. If not, lets hope the redesign of Acon will be worth it.

For the same, I recommend napalm and a new Charakter who love the same.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

ASA was still better than upcoming Varuna. They really could have not included Croc Man and just given us a second Combi Kamau.

They sometimes got it right, like old CHA starter (two rifle Volunteers, one Chain Volunteer) and arguably new CHA (one is clearly a Paramedic, so not quite basic guy).

With Tunguska they should have made one of the Securitates a BSG one, same with Bolts, Wildcats etc. 2 basic guys + one special + SWC box sounds like the golden formula. Double if SWC box has extra arms (they're clearly experimenting with it and have done so in past, like old Kuang Shi, Guarda de Assalto, Maghariba Guard, Taskmaster or even double HMG Grey).

I think spare weapon arms in blisters or boxes would alleviate a lot of their SKU problems. I suspect that upcoming Securitate box may even already have those (with an ML or Spitfire arm for the Grenzer and a Sniper Rifle or Feuerbach for one of the Securitates), but I'm not too hopeful.

Honestly, who knows what's going on in their heads when deciding on starter lineup.

Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  13. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

should have been: "From IJW's list"

Oh the horror of having to buy to boxes, so you can convert. Any chance you never played warhammer? :D You started that by buying 3-4 boxes of the latest rage each.

14. Stiopa

Where have I said anything about converting being much of a problem? I'm actually looking forward to it. Starters not working well as, well, starters is a bigger issue.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  15. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Isn't the denominating factor here that each one is freeing up space for that 4th sectoral? As such I'd posit that QK are safe especially as Druze are now an NA2 faction.

Also CA already had a faction retired, just in a more permanent fashion, An Atrocity for which CB can never be forgiven.
    While I could see MAF being retired at some stage but to quote Bostria at Gencon "they went from being the least popular sectoral to the most popular" after their N3 resculpt (I assume in terms of sales) Although I wouldn't actually mind the rebalance and upgrade package MRRF got applied to morats. Also as Shas are getting gutted and rebuilt I assume that's where any attention will be, not on removing SKUs to make room for SKUs that already exist.

#VengeanceForExrah

Golem2God, A Mão Esquerda and Lesh' like this.
  16. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

"Mission accomplished! :D"

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This is the alien I now most want to see in the fluff. A defective/tampered-with Digester that inserts its own snide opinions and only remembers the crappy things. YES.

Stiopa likes this.
  18. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Let us create an insurgency that proxies/converts the bugs until we have something so cool that it makes CB jealous enough to bring them back! :D

19. Stiopa

It crossed my mind, but it's actually cheaper than if I'd buy an SWC box, single Montesa and another Akal. This way I'll convert most of the sculpts I need, including Montesa LRL (or maybe universal proxy), and Akal BS. Also, Regular Spitfire arms will be a good fit for Bounty Hunter Spitfire/Red Fury conversion ;)

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Where do you get the LRL from?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation