1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, its about time we blow this joint

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Sep 19, 2018.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I think he's referring to the suggestion Tikbalang would be in Varuna - that Akalis would also be "shovelled" into another Sectorial.

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Idk, i think they're just being retained due to being important to vanilla builds, or something. Even if I've never personally seen anyone use one, CB have data and I don't.

3. paraelix

I used them, years back... With Shock army in the first QNK slowgrow.

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

What sectorial were Chasseurs added to? I'm not sure I follow this line of reasoning.

5. paraelix

His point was the continued availability and repackaging of the troop - given they're a mainstay in Vanilla Ariadna.

6. Ursun

Ursun Tough as Nails, Grim as Old Boots

The Combined Army is able to blow up planets (see that one Morat World) so they basically just have to write a few lines about how the CA is so annoyed with the Tohaa, they just wipe out the whole starsystem they are located in, simultanious giving them access to the wormhole manipulation tech... a nice backdoor to every planet making the CA the Deus Ex Machina of SUK reduction.

Shoitaan and eciu like this.
  7. Paperclip

Paperclip Active Member

Please make GdA 6-2

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

[​IMG]

Death likes this.
  9. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Tohaa are an interstellar empire, blowing up the homeworld is just going to piss them off more.

10. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Well i was waiting for Varuna release to decide if i would get Acon or Varuna. Guess i won't get a new sectorial if Varuna isn't my thing. I'm not buying into an army that is not getting any updates for the next few years. I got enough of that from WHFB with my Tomb Kings and Bretons.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

They'll get just as much updates as any other sectorial not up for rebuild... It's the models that are going out of production.

12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Ok, noone is discussing how they will justify that in fluff ?

CA making Aconticimento go Cadia ?
    Yu-Jing compromising Paradiso front, then Acon filling the gap like the heroes they are (and dying to a man in proccess) ?
    IA making an direct assault on Acon ?o0

Golem2God and Savnock like this.
  13. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Ah man, we can now share in the Yu Jing pain. First it was them, now they come for us. :(

I'd rather MO disappear. Shock army was our most interesting sectoral.

Wow, this is so trollish too. They gave us dart only to discontinue the sectorial. Just dickish.

On the bright side, unlike Yu Jing, the shock army didn't really have a bunch of units that provided unique capabilities to the faction, like bikes and oniwaban. I hope the sectoiral will still exist in some form like in NA2 otherwise i'll be extra pissed I wasted money on a sectorial doomed to not be playable.

#113 Death, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  14. CabalTrainee

I don't know if you noticed but CB usually only updates profiles with the release of new models. (raicho, Kamau)

Other sectorials can still get new single profiles and releases even without a complete rebuilt. (for example the addition of black friars, Locust) This will definitly not happen for a model range out of production. Anything like that is officially out of the question for years. I'm not up for that.

I'm not saying this is a bad business decision (Cb has the sales numbers) or that this is bad overall i just talk about what this means for me. And this mainly makes my buying decisions easier with crossing acon from the list. Guess my bolts might see the table now sometimes if i want to dabble a bit into acon play and proxxy Bagh-Mari.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Which means new players aren't going to pick up the sectorial because there won't be models for them. Thats effectively kill the sectorial.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

You are talking to a person who plays Operations Subsection. Since I started Aleph, back when N3 started. Non-ASS part of the army had no changes for 2 years between N3 and HSN3, only got a couple of new profiles and few more overdue loadouts for HSN3 and finally now got serious love.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Ursun

Ursun Tough as Nails, Grim as Old Boots

Sure, but there will be some who will just proxy the hell out of it, so those few who will start playing it will probably produce some god damn nice looking armies (seen a USARF based FRRM on Facebook, damn sweet stuff!)
    or they will just use blank metal minis, and to be honest, no one will notice the difference if all is just silver on the table

18. Death

Death Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I assume this means Varuna will be really good to make up for the lost of the unique style of the shock army. We shall see. ASA appeal was that it played very different form the rest of Pano, being able to do midfield skirmishing decently well. I wonder if Varuna will be similar in some ways.

19. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

I've heard rumours that it's Paradiso based. They get bogged down fighting the CA and it devolves into costly guerrilla warfare.
    So seemingly similar to FRRM, heavy losses/tied up.

20. CabalTrainee

Don't know why you don't see my point then. Maybe you wouldn't have started Aleph either if CB back then officially told you you won't get updates for the next 2 years. Also the new Operations looks pretty sweet.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation