1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was this the best summary?

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by ObviousGray, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

https://asteroidblues.warconsole.com/442917

Really?

After all that effort, now YJ commanders are once more Evil Beard twisting villians chasing JSA with unknown fury?

Guess the texts were written long before, and results does not matter afterall.

It sickens me. CB.

2. SpectralOwl

Not really. You were attacking the mercenaries and seccessionists, and that's basically all it said.

cazboab likes this.
  3. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Good to see Combined Army are involved in the campaign.....

4. Einhorn

Einhorn Combined Human Aid Delegation

I'm reading the report and it looks like they were written to match the landscape on Friday as some points are now outdated (but we shall see what comes by campaign's end.)

I understand your frustration though in being painted with that brush; I've noticed some Tohaa players also have that frustration ever since Daedalus' Fall and the emphasis on Triumvirate operations over the previous view of Tohaa as heroic aliens. We even lost our old liaison because of that. That these both are official plot points -- YuJing vs JSA; Triumvirate as manipulative bastards -- makes it tougher because that is the lens the game and other players will see it through. It feels rotten when it is something you believe you have no power over, not even when you try to overwrite it by focusing instead on yourself as protagonists, even as funny heroic fruit inspectors. (I loved the durian/jackfruit plot, btw.) I admit to being guilty of perpetuating the image of YJ as villains throughout this whole campaign with all the rhetoric of the "Tohaa defending the Japanese civilians from YuJing," and for that I do apologise.

What I can offer you is that I appreciate the rivalry Tohaa and YJ share and that I appreciate your kind words about Tohaa in our Prize Support thread. Your presence in this campaign has mattered to me in a positive way, and I hope CB gives you guys a wider variety of angles beyond two campaigns of baiting you with the secessionist rivalry.

5. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

After reading it, I think it was written maybe one-two days ago and some faction blocks really miss major updates since.

Given also the post not has any of the traditionnal faction banners for each zone/faction updates, I guess it was a rushed thing (this also could explain the 18h added delay to report). This or AI Historians are already telling another story that the one happening right now on Novyy Bangkok.

Luisjoey likes this.
  6. Lion Tremere

Lion Tremere Herald of the Trident

I think it's kinda terrific summary. If you think about it considering all the amazing IC roleplay, this summary gets even funnier. I appreciate the CB staff who found some time to make it!
    Beware of Tohaa, new evil masters of black markets, muahaha! ^,…,^

@ObviousGray Well, you did try to get rowdy on the Japanese Bottom which is as bad as hurting a P-0NY! If you didn't want to be seen as Evil Villains, you could always attack some other base. Xaraks looks so lonely this phase. :3

@Einhorn If you want some Trident vs Triumvirate action, I can deliver a nice RP base for it.

#6 Lion Tremere, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  7. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

But will Tohaa send P-0NY prisoners?

Einhorn and cazboab like this.
  8. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

How do you think O12 makes the glue for riotstoppers?

9. ObviousGray

No need to feel bad, IC stuffs are for fun, and we know its all about it.

TBH I don't care about how people describes other - Y'know, @TheDiceAbide made an excellent role for executive of Ikari company and we all danced on his good RP, and so did Nomadians played their awesome P0-NY meme to life. I enjoyed it - @Cabaray 's Video was top-notch and of course, the gimmick of Tohaa sentinels were great for me.

Its just that helpless feeling about all the community works on YJ briefing room, patting on the back, now it feels like all is vain. We'll wait till the end, for sure, but for now it feel like a bad joke.

Thanks for the words. Good to hear some, really. ;)

Einhorn, Ayaxs, Shiwen and 1 other person like this.
  10. Drunkergnom

By mixing resin and scenery of soap opera?

11. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Where did you read that ?

Obviously YJ has retaken the mine, which the summary doesn't take into account. It's probably not the final word so wait for the end.

12. Lady Numiria

... I won't comment that.

13. ObviousGray

Not only is it embarrassing that Yu-Jing has lost the mine, but more so, they lost it to Japanese separatists who recently had seceded with prejudice during the uprising not so long ago.

I interpreted it as that, and if it does not, then I mis-read the context!

14. Drunkergnom

But you must. Everyone want to know truth about this dirty weapon.

15. Lady Numiria

You gotta stick with the official explanation now for... reasons :C:

16. ObviousGray

Sugar, Spice, and everything that's nice.

17. Drunkergnom

If we add yeast in this, can we make some alcohol?
    Stop maneuvering, we need truth!

18. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ah I see the Nomads are using the old "were outnumbered completely but we are totally here guys" gambit. You better watch out @cazboab and @Cabaray! Nomads might beat you!

19. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

But really, CB have never taken into account the player driven narratives. They always ever use the numbers and raw data to post there conclusions. The player driven narratives are for the players. Those who played them, know them.

20. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

The trick is that you have to treat it like real world journalism. Outdated info filtered through the lens of bias and clickbait. Buzzfeed 175 years in the future.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation