1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was OSS released early just so TAk can get a punching doll?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by theradrussian, Oct 26, 2018.

1. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Hmmm, weird interaction.
    But if you fail the first discover you may not try to discover the same marker using the same model is the main rule. Even though the resolution is simultaneous I don't believe you can use B2 vs the same target as the discover+shot is sequential and the closest example to discover+discover. But you can try to discover 2 different markers with a discover+discover.

ObviousGray likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Discover + Shoot is a special manoeuvre requiring special rules to execute in sequence. Discover+Discover (both Short Movement Skills) on the same target would work on regular rules with regular timing, meaning that both Discover rolls are made at the same time with no internal sequence. If one or both are successful, you activate the cancellation clause relevant to the current Marker state.

coleslaw likes this.
  3. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Misunderstood the point

4. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Really feels like an unintended consequence. Discover is also the only movement skill where you roll a die, so it's a corner case that's probably easy missed. I never heard of it before. But yes, by RAW I think you are correct.

5. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

It is right interpretation, old as N3

daboarder and coleslaw like this.
  6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Considerably older than N3, Discover didn't noticeably change between editions.

Section9, coleslaw and Mruczyslaw like this.
  7. DFW Ike

DFW Ike Well-Known Member

Its still an option that Asuras don't have? Needing a 14 to put a repeater out 16 inches away isn't that unlikely. It means that you can threaten something 24 inches away in total cover. This is the worst. Totally not worth it. Unplayable. I would pay 50 extra points to *not* have this ability and to *not* have a backup hacker. (that last bit there was sarcasm)

Huh, I never noticed that, I thought it was just carbonate. I still don't think the asura is a better [more points efficient] hacker than the Danavas.

But to get this discussion back to the thread: Is the Asura LtL2 profile this magic bullet that makes OSS better against more armies in more scenarios than TAK is with Camo spam?

Mruczyslaw likes this.
  8. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Faced Ariadnan camo spam with OSS lately. Golden bullet was... yup, double sniffer bots and sensor bot with c+;) With dart in the middle for extra cleaning power.

Solar, daboarder and DFW Ike like this.
  9. DFW Ike

I agree that dropping a mine is a good choice here... but Asura doesn't have a mine, and its not like the discover is going to fail with MSV3, so your opponent shouldn't really have any more decision making stress.

Wait, so instead of the Camo state making your skirmisher 100% more durable than a non-marker-state-model, its now 200% more durable? You have to spend 3 orders to kill it?

10. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Nah, Danavas is unplayable because she is an insult to Aleph as a faction. :-P

Didn't say that, I just think people overestimate what she can do. It's a very good profile, just one that is (in my opinion, I have to add, but expect a pileup) completely unnecessary for Aleph (Deva regular HD badly needs an update anyway, could have easily fulfilled Danavas role with a Deva HD variant), and is unsuited to its lore (described as killer, does not have KHD. Heh :D )
    Well, Asura is definitively not more points efficient than Danavas. We agree on that.
    Asura Lt2 is not a magic bullet for anything, least of all TAK Camo spam.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think it's time to dial back a bit. Discover+Discover increases odds of succeeding the Discover attempts and nearly eliminates the risk of having to drag a second model up. It doesn't make your Camo marker much more durable, it is literally a matter of the "durability" being less spikey. The tactical positioning determines if the extra cost is a wise investment or not.

Camo's crime is all in the faceless flat markers and the bookkeeping nightmare that it means, not the extreme potency on the table is what I've found.

daboarder likes this.
  12. DFW Ike

I agree that's the main bonus of Camo, but most people ignore the order-durability side effect of Camo as well as the mobility side effect (where you effectively have a cautious move that's both of your movement stats).

Abrilete likes this.
  13. daboarder

Warcor

No way. Nah how dud you not lose
    -comic sans

14. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

I would also add that sensor bot and sniffer bots werent me making deticated list against ariadna camo spam;) It was one of lists for tournament, in which happened to be those units because... yes, they are so cheap and awesome each list should have them ;D

daboarder likes this.
  15. daboarder

Warcor

2 sniffer bots and a sensor somewhere have been in every pano list ive made for about a year now. What they offer is just too powerful not to take imo

Mruczyslaw and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Double Pathfinder + Double Fugazi was the start of just about every PanOceania and NeoTerra list I made for at least two years. I seldom get the second Pathfinder in these days, but for NeoTerra that just means I get in three Fugazi.

It genuinely confuses me that it took longer for people to come around to the same conclusion I did at he beginning, those units are awesome.

Now, maybe not everyone gets blooded on Ariadna like I did (one of my two main opponents early on was an Ariadna primary player) but they are amazing even when you aren't facing Camo Spam for every army that can take them.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation