1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WARCROW] The new fantasy universe by Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Mar 25, 2022.

1. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I think they confirmed D8 with symbols...

I'm really in with a fantasy game made by Corvus, but at the same time, being plastic, no D20s and no ARO mechanic... it's gonna result in a terrible generic fantasy game. And the same year GW relaunches WHF.

I want to believe

Lesh' and Cervantes3773 like this.
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I think we should wait and see.
    • Regarding plastic - I had some (late, namely Reckless Hearts pack) Aristeia PVC models through my workbench, and IMO they are on par with metal Infinity models, if a little different to work with. So if Warcrow plastic models match the level, I'll consdier them adequate.
    • Regarding dice and ARO or lack of ARO - I believe we haven't seen anything about the game mechnaic yet. So it is a bit too early to make an opinion.
    • As for it being "generic fantasy" and GW WFB re-launch - first, again, we haven't seen anything about Warcrow yet (I would expect it to stay closer to manga-like aesthetics. Maybe a little more manga-over-the-top than current Infintiy sculpts), second, I somehow don't expect Warcrow to be rank-and-file, massed combat game like WFB was (and like, I guess, its re-launch will be). Which makes for a different target audience. And that's even before we take into account that WFB tends to go for grimdark, over-the-top aesthetics in the recent years (which some people apparently find to their taste - but some do not)..

#62 Errhile, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  3. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

By Arachne, the news about Warcrow is still hot Hot HOT off the presses and people are already saying it's dead on arrival? With friends like these, who needs enemies?

CB stated the game would have the usual fantasy races, plus new ones. It would use d8s with symbols and it would be skirmish-ish in scale.

If the news I heard from adepticon is correct, the KS minis will be Aristeia plastic, with subsequent "regular" releases being siocast (I'm more confident in the first half of the statement than the second).

I'm excited to see what CB has come up with. I want to see art and design and all that good stuff!

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I don't know enough about KS. It seemed that retailers can get it like anyone else but others can get the extra stuff.

I'm looking forward to whatever they do. Even if the game isn't good, I hope at least the figures are good. Or it could be vice versa and maybe proxy with the many other great fantasy figures out there.

#64 Space Ranger, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    Gwynbleidd likes this.
  5. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

My interpretation of the "retail" comment is that the core box from the KS would be available at retail even after the KS is over.

Which, i think, would be a good thing, as it creates an easy entry point to the game and world. "Here, buy this game. If you like it, there's more!"

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

That's the impression I get. You can join the KS and get the main game just like retailers but then you have access to any extras.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think that would be good, and I hope it's the case.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Benefit of knowing what products are selling in the local gaming community. The only niche game that's ever survived locally was Guild Ball and that's purely because I kept the damn thing on life support. The second I stopped it died.

Around here any game system that stays in circulation has a person or a core group of people that keep it running. Any game that doesn't get that person/persons, or loses them, dies in short order. The only exception to that rule has been GW but for obvious reasons that isn't something Warcrow is going to replicate.

When I say it's dead on arrival here that's not an exaggeration. It's going to need cast a wide net to get a big initial group of players to find a party interested in keeping it going. It's a brand new IP with no established fan base and CB doesn't have the marketing $$$ or mainstream visibility clout to help enough to make it happen, hell I'd be shocked if my LGS even bothers to order stock for it. I'm certainly not going to recommend it and I've been doing their Infinity stock for them for like the last two years (or whenever the fuck Uprising was how long ago was that now?)

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  9. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Often creators tend to rework stuff based on their creative background and not go in totally new directions.
    So I think we could see some of the mechanics we know from CB, of course there will be nuances and new things added (after all Laura is totally new), so it would be logical to think that V will make us a DC with a lot of mechanics like Aristeia/Defiance. And that the wargame won't be a game requiring a hundred miniatures, but a tactical wargame opposing bands of 10-30 miniatures.

About the art, Alberto seems to like the manga/comic style, so I think (especially with the silhouettes) that we'll go towards an artistic direction more similar to Bastard :
    than to Dark Soul for example:
    [​IMG]

10. Tobogan

Tobogan Defensor del Orgullo PanOceánico

Alternating actions. That's the only thing I ask for.

11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks, I appreciate you fleshing out your thoughts a bit more and I pretty much agree with what you said. I think I just wasn't properly picking up the nuance of your intentions, because that's not the sort of vibe I got from the original post.

12. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Warcrow is an independent universe and will not have any connection with the Infinity Universe. There will not be any race or planet shared in both universes.

That's our plan, first make the Kickstarter campaign, and then, having the product at retail as part of our catalogue of products and if everything goes well, keeping releasing more stuff in the years to come.

The miniatures of Warcrow Adventures (the DC) will be the same plastic quality as the latest Aristeia! expansions.

The miniatures of Warcrow the wargame will be produced here in our HQ in our thermoplastic.

13. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Interesting… I’m looking forward to seeing it. I’m guessing that right now you can neither confirm nor deny if any of the miniatures will be based on any anime or games, (I know what my guess would be but I like to actually know) but it’ll be very interesting to see the content when it’s available.

14. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Is very interesting that CB Authors decided to go toward a totally Original Idea (maybe is wise to differentiate from a certain "Battle Maul Wargame" kind of Style; from the Extant Preview Stuff to Me it seems a given some sort of Leonine Catfolks at least, that (rather very tangentially) reminds Me of "Savannah Tribal Hunters" somehow, while the Human / Humanoid Races still cannot point precisely. . .

Hopefully we will see soon some Preview Art and Sketch Dossiers, in the style of High Quality hat We often see for Infinity. . . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

I'm really curious about the tone of the game/world - light and humorous, dark and serious, a blend?

16. Triumph

To clarify, is that "thermoplastic" siocast or something else?

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  17. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

I don't understand your question. I clearly stated that we'll use the thermoplastic production that we have here in our HQ. The same that we're using to release the plastic models of Infinity.

18. Triumph

I was asking if "thermoplastic" means siocast because I have no idea what thermoplastic production capabilities Corvus Belli HQ has available to them.

Keep in mind the vast majority of us have been introduced to CB's plastic as "Siocast" so if you call it anything else it's mildly confusing and we're not 100% sure if you mean the siocast we're familiar with or you're possibly referring to a different type of plastic.

Mogra, Abrilete, Alfy and 2 others like this.
  19. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

@Triumph @SpectralOwl we didn't see any of the mechanics so far but if you compare Infinity to more popular games like 40k... the complexity comes not from the dice in 40k but it is complex because of many special rules etc. per faction. So what is more complex? A game with some special dice and profiles that are streamlined and share the same weapons and abilities or a game with normal D6 but hundreds of special rules, items and so on?

I am really looking forward to Warcrow and the things we will see and get, especially the dice system. It allows the designers to easily balance things and add opportunities during the game, like in Aristeia!: Maybe your attack/action fails but you can move because of a trigger and so on.

#79 HarlequinOfDeath, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    Barsik, Dragonstriker, saint and 3 others like this.
  20. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

This is my biggest concern, not the rules, I trust the A-Team (now AW-Team). So many old fans of WHF switched to other games after End Times. And the recruiting by GW is strong as is the competition on the fantasy market.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation