1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WARCROW] The new fantasy universe by Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

In the Strange Funfacts: I saw on BGG that CB people rate themselves, it's the first time I see that, well nope, usually since it's considered as bad, people from the editor take a pseudo to do it... haha :slightly_smiling_face:

2. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

*GASP* They've added character organizers this time! Oh,my...
    I think they've learned something after all

Lady Numiria and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  3. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Pretty sure "When we launch the Pledge Manager an All-In Pledge is likely to be available, that will include all the Add-ons unlocked at a reduced price." was always in the FAQ, they just decided to push it to the live campaign since they needed the bump. I assume they have most/all of their stretch goals already planned, so they want to make sure to hit ammounts to toss them in. The only value for the kickstarter is the exclusives, so I guess we'll see how the final 48 hours go.

I want the goblins, but timing wise just not sure if it makes more sense to just buy the skirmish ones. Not even sure if the goblins will be a full faction or what.

4. Vocenoctum

From a USA perspective, it's interesting that it's currently 1E$ vs 1 US$, so there's that factor also, but gamenerdz/miniaturemarket are usually pretty deep discount on this stuff.

5. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

For me the biggest issue with Warcrow is the order of release. Defiance sold like hotcakes because the minis were a) awesome metal sculpts of b) familiar profiles which c) could be understood and used in Infinity.

Warcrow has a) pvc minis of b) new profiles, of which c) we can't understand in their skirmish-game contexts.

This needed to be KS'd after the skirmish game released. I applaud their commitment to lore, and I really like the look of lots of the game. The action and initiative system look great. But like Defiance, I'd be buying this first for its minis, for a skirmish game that I've never played, where I'm not sure how useful they'll be. If I was plush I'd go in. I'm not so I won't, but I wish them good luck.

Nuada Airgetlam and Modock like this.
  6. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

7. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Ugh, that’s such bad form. I know another company that used to do that, they stopped after getting 1-star bombed by a bunch of upset users.

But then, while a lot of KS get “pre-reviewed” by fans, this one really got a lot of 10s from people who haven’t seen the product. My favorite is the one praising the quality of the components…

it’s not great, but BGG users are supposed to know what they’re getting into when it comes to the ratings.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  8. Vocenoctum

See, I'm the opposite, I wanted this as a preview of the skirmish game. Get it, play with it a bit, digest the world in a written expanded form,. then figure out how I wanted to go with the skirmish.
    But, we get worst of both worlds. You make your choices before the skirmish game, but the actual product delivers after the skirmish game.

9. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

I was hoping that near the end of the KS campaign we would get a teaser video of the wargame. No specifics but maybe a "hey this game is 10 to 20 minis, from xyz faction names, we are using the initiative track in the wargame and d8s, there will/wont be infinity esq rangebands but in cc, etc" other vague details that give us a rough picture of mechanics and some teaser faction unit art as a last minute push for backers/ thank you for backing vid to get us excited for the IP as a whole. Cause honestly if its combat mechanics can be summed up as walk up into b2b and huck dice till someone falls over, i will be horribly dissapointed.

10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

LMAO, this should be a bannable offense on BGG. Pathetic, CB. Pathetic.

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

New video of the day (VaulSC & Ontabletop) :

Let's talk about Warcrow

Warcrow Adventures' MASSIVE Monstrous Add-On! Thunderous Gust Expansion!

12. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

13. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Is the TAGRAID megabeast being recycled into Warcrow? I don't understand

14. Vocenoctum

Yeah, they explain in the update that they liked the dragon-ish guy and figured may as well port him over. The gameplay stuff for him is in the box already, so if you have the figure from TAGRaid you don't need to buy him again.

15. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

To be fair, i think the dragon beast fits the fantasy setting better than tag raid.

Nemo No Name and burlesford like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Ah, yes, the Buy it here, buy it now! Exclusive Only On This TAG Raid Kickstarter Huge Beastie!
    (also on that other one later Kickstarter because too few people bought it and the mould didn't pay for themselves)

It really seems CB have no idea how this Kickstarter thing is supposed to work.

17. Nuada Airgetlam

Barely above double the minimum goal and 30 hrs to go.
    upload_2022-10-31_11-10-50.png

This is barely 87% of what TAG Raid got (~420k EUR). Might get to that level in the last 24hr rush.
    upload_2022-10-31_11-14-35.png

and it's less than 32% of what Defiance achieved. Remember how TAG Raid was deemed a failure?

upload_2022-10-31_11-15-31.png

I mean, by now CB should have already realized that their customer base does not want more Kickstarters. We don't want to freeze a heap of money for the predicted 15 months until Feb 2024 - especially when we know already that it will still be delayed for months if not years, just like Defiance was.

Are we really expected to indefinitely credit the company with €120, €180 or even €325? For years on end and at zero interest, with classic KS "no guarantee of delivery" and a possibility of the product never materializing? Why would we do that, CB?

Release a product you're proud of, properly, full of cool miniatures and good rules, decent writing and people will eat it up like hot cakes. What, you can't afford to pay the writers, artists, sculptors, manufacture, storage, print, shipping ahead of time? You can't take that risk?

It seems the general consensus is "why should we?".

18. Nuada Airgetlam

Also, I've only just realized, because I'm not too much into either of those - but whose bright idea was it for the campaign's usual busiest and highest earning last 24hrs to fall squarely on both Halloween parties and people visiting family graves for All Hallows' / All Saints' Day, Samhain observations, etc?

[​IMG]

19. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Is this realy a surprise to anyone? I mean: What was the reason people (me included) baked for Defience? The revolutionary Dungeon-crawler gameplay? The promise of life-long support? Getting a sh*tload of miniatures witha a great design which where playable for multiple factions in an already existing game with a solid community and for a fracture of the normal price?
    Can you figure it out on your own or are you working as a sales manager?

Why did TAG-Raid run okay at best but still worked? Cause of the Defiance experiance? Or because the Gameplay was smth completly new no one ever saw? Or maybe, because most modells are still playable for the mentioned above system with the playing community and the (partly) stupidly strong units?

Everyone knew: No matter how bad the game possibly turns out: I can use the miniatures for a game i play and like.

And now there comes a game with the baggage of 2 kickstarters which where knowen for disappointing experiences, no existing ame for which you can use the minis for in case "the game turns out to be bad" and a set up beeing as far away from the "corvus belli community" as possible: Fantasy.

Mmmmh thats a little so-so. On one hand i would say it´s smart, cause the in a lot of countries thats a holiday and the people are at home. On the other hand everything you said.

#639 anubis, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Tristan228 and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Me, personally, backed Defiance for the game, not the miniatures. I didnt play CA back on those days. I really wanted to enter the warcrow KS, but the dark fantasy aesthetics is not for me.

Alfy and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation