1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W tee Eff?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by ShaeKonnit, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ShaeKonnit

ShaeKonnit Well-Known Member

Failing perception:

Danger Rose likes this.
  2. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Good Lord, now I feel old.

3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

This snow can massively get fucked

cazboab and Belgrim like this.
  4. ShaeKonnit

The panic buying has been nuts round my way, with all the bread and milk flying off the shelves.
    Though it was funny that, even in their desperation for bread, the locals wouldn't touch the gluten free stuff. To be fair, the images on the packaging looks like you could use the stuff to clean your car's windows if you don't fancy eating it.
    I could also very much believe that people are putting double cream and buttermilk on their cornflakes, so determined are they to do what they've always done.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if they started drinking pints of milk of magnesia, 'cause they saw "milk" on the bottle.

#84 ShaeKonnit, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  5. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

6. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

I miss Holly, he was great. Did a double take when he showed up in RED as a random body guard. The guy who plays the Kat is in one of the Blade movies too.

Dunno if it's true but I heard that before government regulations came into place in America dairies would add dogs milk to cows milk as a preservative.

7. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

that would be some of the tamer stuff that was put in before regulations, grocers would put in any goddamned thing to increase profit while decreasing the amount of actual milk they would need to buy (and prevent the customer from knowing its probably spoiled) white paint was a common one, they'd also put chalk or other white powders in flower, sausages where even less trusted than they are now. ah, the good old days when your grocer could try and kill you and it was technically legal... maybe they weren't really all that great after all.

8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The guy who plays the cat (Danny John-Jules) is also in "Death in Paradise" as one of the local cops - where I'm sure the name "Dwayne" is a callback to the RD character "Dwayne Dibbley".

It took me a while to figure out where I'd seen the actor before - until he smiled, and it was "the cat's" smile from RD (without the pointy teeth). Then I saw his name in the credits.

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  9. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've always been a fan of RD. But more than any of his performances, the thing I'll remember most about the actor is the time he chased the guys collecting his recycling with a katana and got arrested.

10. leigen_zero

He was also in Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels.

Apparently he landed the role in RD by turning up to the audition half an hour late, in a zoot suit.

11. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I never bothered to watch LS&2SB. Guy Ritchie's movies never grabbed me.

12. ShaeKonnit

I like Snatch and thought he had an interesting take on Sherlock Holmes.
    His King Arthur movie looked moronic, though. I've never seen the whole thing but I caught plenty of scenes on Youtube and I don't know why through the entire production he still thought it was a good idea.
    Far too much CGI splattered all over the place, and the fight with the Chaos Warrior at the end just looked stupid.

A WtF around that film was I watched a video where someone claimed to summarize what exactly went wrong and why it failed.
    One of his reasons was, "Too many males in the cast, not enough females.". I don't doubt he wanted to flout his feminist credentials and show how good an ally he was, but I can't image where he'd expect to add more females to the tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, without seeming utterly ham-fisted. He certainly didn't offer any suggestions, typically. Either to how many it needs or where they should be.
    The WtF was that this was one of the big gripes - not enough females...
    Not a single word about the fucking CGI elephants.

Balewolf and xagroth like this.
  13. ShaeKonnit

Just been reminded of a WtF from the past.
    On the radio right now they're discussing people who call up ambulances when they don't really need them. Typical offenders are those with psychological or addiction-related problems; they call up an ambulance but when it arrives it turns out they don't really need one at all. The problem being should ambulances turn up if it's a suspicious case, balanced against the "what if" that there could genuinely be an emergency.

So happens we know someone who called an ambulance when it wasn't needed, but in the strangest set of circumstances.
    It's a friend of the family (who has featured in WtFs before) whose mother was undergoing chemotherapy a few years back. The friend and her sister thought it'd be best if they called an ambulance to take the mother to hospital for an appointment.
    They had a car, and the mother was still perfectly mobile but presumably she thought,
    "Hospital appointment... Hospital... Only ambulances go to hospitals... yes."
    So rather than drive her, they called the ambulance.
    Best part is that one sister stayed to wait for the ambulance, while the other drove to the hospital to meet the mother when she arrived.

Belgrim, Audun54, chromedog and 2 others like this.
  14. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If I graded the WtF entries, this would get a solid A.

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  15. Durian Khaar

Durian Khaar It's clubbering time...
    Warcor

[​IMG] ....that really is a solid A

tox likes this.
  16. ShaeKonnit

Amazingly enough, yesterday I learned that she did it again just a couple of weeks ago!
    This time it was even worse - the mother had an appointment for something else, a disease of some sort, but rather than an ambulance they arrange Patient Transport to come pick her up.
    Now, Patient Transport is a bus that drives round and picks up a bunch of (usually old) people who have appointments that day. It's only for convenience, not emergency, and certainly is not fast - it's just like a regular bus service only its final destination is the hospital.
    No-one stayed with the mother this time; the sisters both got in their car and drove to the hospital to wait.
    The Patient Transport service had a few delays, so they were waiting there for 2 hours before she arrived, appointment thoroughly missed.

chromedog and xagroth like this.
  17. leigen_zero

Kinda sounds like they're trying to get their money's worth out of the NHS. Like 'it's there, and I've paid my stamp all these years, so I'm gonna use whether or not I need it' style affair.

Kind of a terrible version of nicking teabags from hotel rooms, you know, you don't really need exactly 2 individually wrapped tetley teabags with a drawstring, but you paid for the room so their going in your suitcase to be forgotten about until the next time you go away

18. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The ambulance talk had reminded me of a couple of my own hospital related wtfs.
    The first one, years ago my mother, tripped over the draft excluder and shattered her humerus (wich is Ironically not funny at all) so because it was her arm not a leg etc, we made our own way to the hospital. After waiting for a couple of hours, the A&E doctor said "next time call an ambulance" next time. Cos, y know she'll try to do the other one for a matching set...

Then, a few years later we had to take my grandad in for a delirious episode. When I informed the nurse that he had dementia, she didn't hear me because A&E is a noisy place, so I repeated myself but louder. She then said "don't raise your voice, I didn't hear you"...

Belgrim, chromedog and xagroth like this.
  19. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

I just saw the prices for Star Wars Legion. I'll never complain about Infinity's retail prices ever again.

Belgrim and Aldo like this.
  20. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Some of it looks quite reasonable, the starter set for instance has a fair few minis for the price, but the basic trooper boxes are just expensive enough to stop an impulse buy, and the characters are a good bit more than I'm willing to pay for a single pose plastic mini, no matter how many card tokens it comes with...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation