1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W tee Eff?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by ShaeKonnit, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

What I was referring to was this kind of electric scooter :

upload_2021-5-8_21-42-43.png

jherazob and Errhile like this.
  2. ShaeKonnit

ShaeKonnit Well-Known Member

It's been a while but I can now post another familial WtF.
    My wife's parents have had some problems with their neighbours who live above them, in that the neighbours' shower is leaking and causing dampness in one of their rooms. The neighbours denied it but the evidence was literally running down the walls.
    Wife's parents looked into getting their insurance to pay for it but turns out that all this time they've only being paying for contents insurance - not the home itself. They went on a tirade about insurance being a scam, but if they don't actually read the god-damn documents I dunno what they can do...
    Anyway, last I heard the leak got fixed but there is damage to the walls in that a load of plaster had to get removed. The local council stepped in to help, and offered the use of a great, big.... DEHUMIDIFIER!

For those who may not remember, or even missed the story, one of the earlier WtFs from my wife's parents was when I tried to solve the damp problem in wife's apartment by bringing in a dehumidifier. "NO!" they cried, utterly convinced that a dehumidifier would suck all the water from the building, making the stone walls brittle, and could lead to the whole place collapsing.
    Well, their stance on this has not changed.
    So they now have a council-provided, industrial-strength dehumidifier sitting in their apartment, which they treat like an unexploded bomb.

3. ShaeKonnit

ShaeKonnit Well-Known Member

Oh, plus another which further demonstrates why I only refer to them as "wife's parents" and never "in-laws":

I go out to work almost every day, and I have the receipts to prove it. When wife's talking to her mother on the phone and mentions anything that's been giving her trouble at home, the mother asks, "And where is Shae?!", suggesting I absolutely must be there to help.
    Her latest suggestion is that I'm not really at work - I'm out having an affair.
    I just, fuckin'... All I could manage was a series of weary expressions, rather than words.

jherazob and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

When I hear of other folks interactions with spousal parents, I'm eternally grateful for my wife's outstanding parents, who help us and allow us to help them.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Hi from Spain... you will be hard pressed to find anything worst and most self-serving, with an extra side of incompetence so strong they live in their own little world, refusing to acknowledge reality.

More than ten thousand illegal inmigrants in less than 24hrs, and another ignited political powder keg in Catalonia point to very interesting times really soon. In the chinese way of "interesting".

6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Pretty much the definition of Homo Pork-barrelus - aka the greater spotted politician. They're mostly like this in whatever country you are in. Sometimes they claim to have been anointed by a greater power, or they seem to have a powerful ability to sway the weak minded (like a sith lord) - but mostly they're in it for themselves.

xagroth likes this.
  7. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

I love the Brazilian expression for a “good” politician: “rouba, mais faz”.

RolandTHTG and xagroth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation