1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vulnerability (Viral)

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Maybe change it to "Lethal Immunity" then. I don't care. Just fix the dumb gameplay interaction along with the negation of existing fluff.

A flash pulse is not a literal flashlight you nonce.

But he still can't hear any orders from command, so he should be able to be Isolated with E/M and so on.

HardDisk and Jumara like this.
  2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

it's about clearing out the Yeah-but's and the except-when's. The fluff can, has, and will change. There's a tonne of explainable reasons why a werewolf would be resistant to a light based non-lethal weapon.

That's not the nerdiest thing I've typed today, but it's close...

Think of it like veteran, but the opposite: The Veterans know what needs to be done to complete the mission regardless of not being told, the Dog warrior will do whatever it wants no matter how much an officer is screaming in their ear not to...

chromedog, Mahtamori and RasPuto like this.
  3. Hecaton

@cazboab If everything's fungible, the fluff, the gameplay, whatever, I want my boys with flash pulses to be able to stop Karakuris and werewolves.

4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The long and the short of it is that it doesn't matter what you, I, or anyone *wants* because it's happened now, and it wouldn't be hard to find someone else who wants the opposite.
    Balance by democracy doesn't work.

5. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

For example, i love my 4 dogs in kilts being immune to flash pulses.

6. Hecaton

Nah, they're changing shit left right and center right now. Look at all the people who got Shock Immunity by begging for it.

Aldo likes this.
  7. Hecaton

And I think that you're asking for a crutch that rewards braindead play.

Aldo likes this.
  8. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

Question:
    Is there an Ariadnaplayer that see it like @Hecaton ?

I'm not. For me it is one balance towards high-tech factions.
    Don't overdo it just because there is something that you can't easily stop. There is nothing wrong with the fluff and stop trolling others because they like it. We are Ariadna players so do you expect approval here?

9. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, you're just a troll. Bugger off.

upload_2020-10-8_20-47-46.png

NauticalSoup, Zewrath and iyaerP like this.
  10. Stampysaur

It isn’t all that difficult to deal with if you know how. Just requires guns instead of flash pulses. Especially with the msv1 change now. Position guys that force me to dodge. I don’t get cover so you are generally gonna be shooting at a +3 or 6 in a team.

they are big and hard to hide, easy to shoot too. If i go first and try to rambo, you can setup aro’s to prevent it. If you go first you can setup to defend against them while also dealing damage to reduce the orders.

frankly people are just too spooked by a good dog rambo and forget that a good rambo can come from anything. I rambo’d with a tilbalang last weekend pretty successfully.

saying the dogs are braindead is a bit reductive. They are easy to use, yes. But they are also difficult to master.

and i just remembered the super-jump nerf hurt them a bit too.

A Mão Esquerda and RasPuto like this.
  11. Hecaton

@Panzerschwein I play USARF you know. Vs. Flash Pulse just roll a FtF roll or throw a smoke grenade. But apparently that's too hard, it has to be made *even easier* for you?!

Aldo likes this.
  12. Hecaton

That's not trolling. There's too much Shock Immunity (and Shock Ammo) in the profiles. I made that pretty clear in other threads.

13. Stampysaur

i think you hit it spot on here, if i play against a high tech faction many of my other tools are gone. This game/gameplay is much more then using good guns/high tech/swc to win fights.

I regularly have lists with low swc in the 3-ish range when playing cha. Other factions usually get 4-5. Kosmo and tak i usually hit the 6swc point though.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Majority of new Shock Immunity was already there because multiwound or quasi-multiwound (NWI, etc.) units had that nested. New units which are multiwound or quasi-multiwound get that by default for the same reason.

upload_2020-10-8_21-30-53.png

NauticalSoup and RasPuto like this.
  15. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

With MSV1 you shouldn't rely too heavily on smoke grenades. With N4 this is no longer an easy way. But apparently we see it differently. I try to stop at lemons; To make Limonde. With so much immunity, shock is definitely no longer an easy way. At Ariadna, I don't know any easy way, only experienced and inexperienced players. And believe me, I bit my dogwarrior teeth off some. Infinity also has something to do with good positioning. With N4 maybe even more than before.

A Mão Esquerda and RasPuto like this.
  16. Hecaton

And I'm not referring to those. Do your homework.

Aldo likes this.
  17. Hecaton

Except that plenty of "high-tech" factions have accesss to McMurrough, so that explanation doesn't hold water.

Aldo likes this.
  18. Stampysaur

He is a merc, that happens. I really don’t see your issue here.

you know, just use a gun instead of flash pulse. But apparently that's too hard, it has to be made *even easier* for you?!

19. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Nuada Airgetlam
    Man those screencaps are fucking priceless!
    My poor sides! :joy:

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  20. RasPuto

RasPuto Well-Known Member

Plenty = 2, if I remember correctly.

Dogs are, with loads of camos and linked AP weapons, one of Ariadna's ways to solve issues. They're easy to play against a newbie, but pretty hard to master.

Nerfing them to the point that a fuckin' 3 points dude can stop their home-run is just dumb.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation