1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIRD Machinist fire team options?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Randomcallsign, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

Apologies if this should be in the rules thread but I thought it was a specifically PanO issue so I put it here....

The wording for a Varuna Division Machinists fire team options is slightly ambiguous so I was hoping for clarification.

"Special Fireteam. Special Fireteam. The Varuna Div. option can join any Fireteam: Core or Haris of Kamau."

Does that mean that the Machinist can only join Kumau teams? either a kumau Core or kumau Haris?
    or, and this is how I read it, that he can join any core fireteam, or a kumau Haris.
    Simple question, does my machinist get to play with his fusilier and clipper friends or does he only get accepted by those sneaky kumau?

2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

No, the Machinist can't be part of a Fusilier Core fireteam, or a Fusilier + ORC Special team. Those aren't Kamau teams, but rather Fusilier/ORC teams. Even if a Kamau joins one of those teams, they remain Fusilier/ORC teams.

However, if Kamau form a Core link... Or if you have a Haris Team with Patsy + Kamau, or Kamau Haris + Kamau... The Machinist is allowed to join those. In all three cases, those are Kamau teams.

Hope that helps.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

Yes, you are correct. The Varuna Machinist can only join a link of Kamau.

One common use is a Haris team with Kamau HMG, Machinist, and Patsy Garnett wildcarding in as the Haris profile. It's a great mobile objective grabber with some serious teeth.

4. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

Forcing a fireteam has a couple steps.

First, do you want a Core, Haris or Duo team?

Then, what do you want the fireteam to be? A Kamau fireteam, Fusilier fireteam, ORC fireteam, Squalo fireteam.

Next, you have a list of legal models for said fireteam. Kamau fireteams can be composed of Kamau, Varuna Div. Machinists, and Wildcards. If it’s a Haris team it needs a model with the Haris skill that is legal to be included. Fusilier teams can include Fusiliers, 1-2 ORCs, and Wildcards. ORC teams can be ORCs and Wildcards. Squalo teams can be Squalos and Wildcards.

For example, I want to make a Haris team. My options are ORCs or Kamau. I’ll make a Kamau Haris because I like neoprene. Now I need a model with the Haris skill that is legal for a Kamau fireteam - either the Kamau Haris profile or Patsy. Then I can fill the rest of the fireteam (2 more slots) with any Kamau, a Clipper FTO, or the Varuna Machinist.

I find in the new age of mixed links and Wildcards that it’s easier to nominate the type of team I want to form, then add members from the list of allowed models. It’s starting to get real confusing and I almost want to return to the days of single type links.

Golem2God, xammy and Randomcallsign like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation