1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vido Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by maru, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Life is Strange: The game about choices and consequences, where the final choice invalidates all the other choices consequences.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:... maybe I'd be less critical of it, if not so many people were utterly gushing about it...

2. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I mean, there's a destination, but there's also a path. It probably still counts for something.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Did you said Mass Effect 3? Choose your pretty color!

Abrilete and Rizzy like this.
  4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Yes and no - you have played it now after patching up and all the stuff at relice Ori got only 1 difficult setting and it was "Hard" setting and this over lay with feve parts of platforming that recive minor life changing teweks leading to 3 or even 4 difficulty setting from easy to one life mode and some of the game sections got remodeled for good.
    It is a bit like with Shadowrun Dragonfall at relice it was god game but full of bugs glitches and ever corrupting save files - they patch up game and even re relice it as Dragonfall directors cut - same as Ori is now reliced as extended Ex or something - DF directors cut is completly overhouled game with plenty new stuff in it and no errors - same Ori this Ori is not the one from 2016 - is way easer game and way better one as difficulty based on foulty design and glitchy game play is bad caind of dificulty .
    Symilar fate happend to Trini games - a reay good platformer puzzle games - first was and is a good game but include bugs that can spoil game secound is polished one and third - third is not bad but plagued by bugs glitches and bad camera and got bushed to death for it as your bigest strugle is not with puzzle but with controls.

Barrogh likes this.
  5. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

As much as the original ending of Mass Effect 3 sucked, my playthroughs felt different each time and, what I want most of a game, made me want to do multiple playthroughs. Life is Strange just felt.... pretentious? ...contrived? Like the choices had a story woven around them and not the choices springing organically from the story. Tyranny seems to do it quite well, from what I heard.

EDIT: To be honest, the choice on Virmire in the first Mass Effect was a little bit like this as well.
    whether Ashley or Kaidan dies
    But ME did not give you the power to alter reality and has you use it right away like when you get the choice to
    kill Chloe in a wheelchair

#265 Rizzy, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    xagroth likes this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yep, that one and Pillars of Eternity. About Divinity: Original Sin 2... I grow tired of bumping into empty dialogs that bug my game :/

7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

The bigest flaw of Tyrani is .... is boring ..
    i was like im gona add something to this but after 5 minutes i got nothing ..
    a recent problem of a lot of good new retro Rpg games is quantity over quality - some times better story byut more condensed is better then another 1000 lines of text but about nothing or leading to nothing ;)

xagroth likes this.
  8. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Whop the dee to :)
    on GoG a sell of older Wh 40 k games on the ocasion of relice Wh40 k Gladius
    beside this there is a promoton on feve other good games
    Evoland 1 and 2 - interesting peace of a game and slice thrue history of gaming
    Stelthy bastards 1 and 2 - good platformers / puzz;e games
    Farenheit / indygo prophecy - a Cage game not bad not good a typical Cage - it is quite nice peace of story .... beside the moment when Cage slaps you in the face with god awful ending but with 75% discount and if you like Detroit this is not bad
    Shadow of the comet 75% off - good lovecraftian story - you may play or just look at walkthru on YT ;)
    Ghost of a tale 36% off on a new game a stealt based with mouser in a world of rats :)
    Desperados - orginal + dlc + 2 (part 2 is inferior to orginal ) but is good strategy
    Wonder Boy 50% off - a new old game from snes - never looked so well
    DEX - a side scroler rpg in Deus EX world like
    FURI - amazing ost added to a boss battle game :)
    Flame in the Fload 70% off - this is strange game but good one
    Sould Reaver 1 / 2 - clasic :)
    Legalcy of Khain Defiance - soooooo good game .. but before you buy or play just get on YT a some caind of story write up as this is last part wrapping up story of Khain and Raziel streatched across 5 or 7 games including a lot of time traveling , times lines that got erased due to later deads - are referenced in dialogues in this game - so yes knowing the basic story line is a bit of required . (yes this include story of blood omen and Blood omen 2 )

o and Tennocon have ended recently and if you are a Warframe player ther was a lot of stuff and news

9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

OMG! wtf lol

how bad or dumb or just don't care yous must be to slip this caind of error in to a product and then do not fix it over 5 years.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

That's actually kinda neat and...

wait

did you mean broken AI as in a bug in the game, as opposed to a thing in the game's plot?

Abrilete and maru like this.
  11. maru

maru Well-Known Member

One line in a .INI file will not fix plot in Alien Colonial Morones (or i hope so - this would be a huge thing. And amazing secret - whole good game hidden inside shity one just behind an ini input line , well KOTOR 2 got like 3 story imporrnt areas and plots blocked by ini input line in Cfg file .. but unlocking them without fixing broken content lead to usualy a wery bad expirience and game crash never less after instaling restoration mod and changing ini manualy or by mod instaler you get whole new game .. as about 30 % to even 45% of content in game was removed due to premptive game relice - so no idea what is hiden in Colonial Morones ;) )
    and ye a single line in ini turn brain dead Aliens in game in to quite good Ai that will try to get you from behind will use celings and will reatret hide and create ambushes, ands will no longer spazm randomly or just "dance"

Abrilete likes this.
  12. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

Speaking as a dude that's worked in the software industry, it's surprisingly easy for config errors to make it past QA, especially if it's very complex config files (because QA is more interesting in functionality, and not the content of config files), especially one-character typos in a large block of similar-looking lines.

Not an excuse though, you should be double-checking config files before deployment.

13. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

It's one thing for a bug to get past QA and appear in the final version, it's another thing for it not to be fixed for years despite people loudly complaining about it.

14. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Well if this was an error that would disable lets say a ultra graphic settings or some caind of shadders or like in case of original Ufo X com due to funny error difficulty settings do not work and no matter what you select you end up plaing on Very hard XD (this got fixed but most of ppl actualy play this with this bug - as in thous times there was no instant on line patch or something so you get this with a CD added to comp magazine .. like a half year later or even more )
    but this particular Error in Colonial Morones turn off Ai ... i would say this is qite big bug - and hevly bumed game in reviues for bad Ai .. or rather Brain dead Ai

And please don't get me wrong this would not turn this game in to a good game or in to Alien isolation but it could change a 3/10 failure game in to 5/10 bland medicore forgetable franchise game.

o W8 i just realized it was by Grarbox .... and they made Borderland in same time .. so they actualy don't care ... and some ppl say they syphoned funds from this project to there own one .. and abandoned Colonial Morones ASAP ..
    a group of "Moders" for Half life that fuck up other franchises like Duke nukem and Brothers in arms .... and Battle born cash grab ..... and i was wondering why they do not fix it over 5 years ...

#274 maru, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Abrilete likes this.
  15. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

17. Flipswitch

This. The new EL expansion and MH Online.

And I just booked flights to Thailand.

18. maru

maru Well-Known Member

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

20. Flipswitch

Spent the weekend playing Pyre. Really great game by Supergiant, I think it may beat Transistor and Bastion.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation