1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vet Kazak con medikit

Discussion in '[Archivado]: Reglas N3' started by Segis, Oct 30, 2018.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Lo siento por Inglés: so it's a reminder of something you can do anyway, not an additional rule.

You must be able to be in base contact with yourself. If not, Doctors cannot heal themselves:

REQUISITOS
    • La tropa que posee esta Habilidad Especial debe encontrarse en contacto peana con peana con su objetivo.

2. pakohbadajoz

pakohbadajoz Well-Known Member

Raw, its as you said.

But not... Its not a reminder although it says "Remind".

As "Visualizing an Engage" means "When they tries engaging you, you can do CC atack".

<br>Una ranita iba caminando...

3. ijw

Why is it not a reminder?

That's in the main Effects bullets:
    • If the target of Engage declares an Attack of any kind, including a CC Attack, against the user, and wins the Face to Face Roll, then the user receives all pertinent impacts and makes his ARM/BTSRolls without moving.

4. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Con esto que dices, no sé si estás argumentando a favor o en contra. :)

Y efectivamente, el único caso en el que un médico puede curarse a sí mismo es en el caso de "sin incapacidad", en el resto de casos o no estará inconsciente, requisito para curar, o estará inconsciente, en cuyo caso "no puede ejecutar órdenes" (salvo algunos casos como "automedikit" y "regeneración"). No, akbar no permite curar 1 herida para volver a tener 2, tienes que estar inconsciente. Creo que aquí en el recuadro que pone "recuerda", en español, y en el caso del inglés pone también "remember", lo que añade es esa opción, ese caso. Es decir, te están diciendo a través de ese recuadro: "en este caso puedes usar médico/doctor" adicionalmente a lo normal. Y ya. Por lo demás no puedes estar en contacto contigo mismo peana con peana, porque se cargaría la definición de "estar en contacto", al menos a nivel del significado RAE de la palabreja. Y o entendemos "lo que pone en el diccionario" a la hora de "entender unas reglas", "una receta" o en general cualquier tipo de manual, o estamos "fastidiados". Si no era la palabra que queria usar Corvus les tocará revisarla o añadir alguna aclaración.

"
    contacto

Del lat. contactus.

1. m. Acción y efecto de tocarse dos o más cosas."

Lo que no me atrevería a decir, reglas en mano, es que no pudieras usarlo contigo mismo usándote como objetivo. Pero si nos vamos a la descripción de LdT parece que implica "mirar otra cosa, una miniatura, un marcador, etc", por lo que diría que tampoco.

Saludos.

5. ijw

I'm arguing that all troopers count as being in base contact with themselves, and that the Reminder box in Doctor is just a reminder that you can use Doctor while in V: No Wound Incapacitation/V: Sin Incapacidad Por Herida state, not an additional rule.

So Doctors in NWI can Doctor themselves.
    Paramedics in NWI can use MediKits on themselves (and probably kill themselves with no re-roll!).
    Kuryer Traktor Muls can reload their Mines.
    An Engineer can Engineer themselves, to remove Isolated/Isolado etc.

Urobros likes this.
  6. Urobros

Ok, ok. Now I understand what are you saying! I haven't a big knowledge of the english gramma or words meanings, but in spanish "be in contact with something" needs that something. You can't be in contact with yourself. Be in contact is between two objects or more, it has not meaning with one element. So, one miniature can't be in base contact with herself. At least in spanish.

Contact --> At least two or more elements (in spanisch). So, if you can't be in base contact with yourself you can't use of Doctor or Medikit against yourself, because is one requeriment of the rule. If you read the red box, so you can know that are one exception: case your doctor are in No Wound Incapacitation. In the Infinity ruleebook are a lot of exceptions to the rules inself into the examples. That is because is hard to say sometimes if you can or not do something.

I hope I explain myself (I know I made some big mistakes in english gramma, sorry about that).

pakohbadajoz and ijw like this.
  7. ijw

The grammar is the same in English! And you can write in English, much much better than I can write in Spanish!

But it's not a red IMPORTANTE box, it's a yellow RECUERDA box. So it's a reminder, not an exception. Reminder/RECUERDA boxes are used to remind players of existing rules, not to add new rules or exceptions.

Look at http://infinitythewiki.com/es/Movimiento_Cauteloso for an example:
    IMPORTANTE adds rules for TAGs etc.
    RECUERDA reminds us about existing rules.

pakohbadajoz and Urobros like this.
  8. Urobros

Ok. I had to said... Yellow box. Yes, I'am agree with the meaning of the box, but if this box don't adds rules, so go against the rule description, because you can't be, like I said before, bcb with yourself. So, or we understand the box as an excepction or something is wrong in the generals rules for medikit and doctor, and the box is right. So, the less controversial matter to understand this situation I think is use the box as an addition to the rule, more when is the unique case in which can work: Doctor (or Medikit, but not because the absence of the yellow box) + NWI.

pakohbadajoz likes this.
  9. Zeidan

Zeidan Baturro Extremo

Confirmo que se puede estar en contacto con uno mismo. Yo me toco frecuentemente y diría que cumple la definición de contacto.
    El tema es que no está contemplado, así que de momento no se sabe. Yo aplicaría que no como norma general cuando hay dudas.
    @HellLois una ayudita.

10. Urobros

Gracias por la confirmación.

11. Zeidan

Zeidan Baturro Extremo

De nada, pero igual que te digo una cosa, también digo que no me parecería mal que fuese correcto, tiene sentido, como comentaba al principio.

Urobros and pakohbadajoz like this.
  12. Urobros

Coincido totalmente. Yo también lo veo con más que sentido. Pero tal y como está redactado parece que no.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation