1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Difficult Terrain and Idle

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by TheDiceAbide, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Are there any other consequences of the Spanish rule that would be played differently than what commonly occurs now? For example, wouldn't a SJ trooper be able to Move + Jump in a VDT zone with that?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Every Interplanetario so far has had tables that used Special Terrain rules. I’ve played on at least one each year.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It would make no difference to that unit using a long order Jump, adding together both movement values, if it was already inside the terrain zone.

Ir would allow to make a move + dodge, however.

And this never cropped up? I've heard stories about how some things... went... regarding obscure parts of the ruleset that had been ignored repeteadly.

The Flying Daktari infamous case not being among them, but amusing nevertheless.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I don't think I've seen a table that included any Very Difficult Terrain. I was just pointing out that terrain rules not being used at the Interplanetario is a strange thing to say, given that players have complained about some tables using too much special terrain...

What's the flying Daktari case?

xagroth likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Daktari moved, "fell" in touch with an allied, healed, then died due to falling damage. The player assumed the error afterwards (N2 artifact of somesuch).

Very Difficult Terrain, I think I have only seen on the Online Campaigns once or twice, or never at all, frankly.

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Not played against Shasvastii yet, right?

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

They are not terrain. But my MSV3 saw what you did there :p

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation