1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vedic Named Personalities [speculation]

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Contaminator, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. boquepasha

boquepasha ALEPH is love, ALEPH is life, ALEPH is your friend
    Warcor

There's a conversation between Lupe Balboa and Trasymedes (or however it is spelled) on their Dire Foes pack where they state that each time they clash into each other is while trying to run covert ops for their factions, implying that they've already crossed paths (both with guns and in bed as it is sugested) several times. This makes me belive that both Nomads and Aleph are indeed in a shadow war between them every now and then, without neither of them having the upper hand.

jherazob likes this.
  2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Yes. That is not in question. My point is that I don't know of any situations where Aleph attacks integral Nomad assests that would eliminate Nomads, not that Nomads and Aleph don't keep sparring over points of contact.
    I.e., Aleph eliminating whole Nomad Commercial Missions, attacking their navy just to eliminate their ships, etc.

DukeofEarl, jherazob and xagroth like this.
  3. boquepasha

boquepasha ALEPH is love, ALEPH is life, ALEPH is your friend
    Warcor

Oh, sorry then, I missunderstood. You have to keep in mind that, except for certain events like the Uprising event, most of Infinity games ocurr during black ops conducted by various powers from either the Human Sphere or the alien races. No official record of full scale attacks against a faction can remain, or it could be considered a declaration of war.

That's why you'll never see it explicitly stated, or the scale of the attacks will be really low, as what each faction is trying to do is to undermine each other's power and influence (yep, we even have to belive that a towering Marut is "not proved to exist" according to the fluff :laughing:)

jherazob likes this.
  4. Phayton

Phayton Well-Known Member

Fluffwise Atalanta is often taken off the Paradiso front for Black Ops and long distance assassinations, so we might see her there. or maybe a Verdic special "Ghost-Atalanta" with something Hexa/Intruder-like (No MSV2, TO-Camo, X-Visor, Multi Marksmen Rifle)
    :5: see Nova from Starcraft

So far there isn´t any Verdic unit thats good in CC. So maybe Andromeda will come back in Verdic with better profile/options (Aleph deleted all recordings regarding her because she has become a ninjalike Black Ops Assassin: Guard L5, TO-Camo, Infiltration, EXP CC)

Or maybe we get a Danava-character with HD+ and Devabots á la Scylla :zipper_mouth_face:

Stiopa, jherazob and xagroth like this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Or maybe our units will either have over-mid CC (Asura with CC17) or Electric Pulse for all that don't have nanopulsers... XD
    Aleph's main CC defense is to fry the bugger before it touches the chromed chassis :p

jherazob, Contaminator and Phayton like this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Phayton, tdc and boquepasha like this.
  7. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Most compelling interpretation I've read yet and makes me actually appreciate what ALEPH is trying to do.

8. Depravadix

Depravadix Well-Known Member

Thanks to the contributions of ALEPH to the sectorials PanO and Yu Jing that I already have, I'm going to collect them when Vedic appears, and reading the background of The Steel Phalanx, I think if they would fit the characters in this sector. Not as heroes of Myrmidon Wars but as antiheroes that we like to many. Those assassins who are willing to do anything for humanity and to bear the sins so that we do not stain our conscience. A Dark Knight. An Ezzio Auditore. And thus gain the appreciation of another sector of society that knows that nothing is so beautiful.

On the other hand, in the background it also says that the Greek aspects grow and train in virtual reality and in the real world, and as they survive fighting, they acquire certain traits of identity and abilities. Drakioss, Scylla and Teucro are aspects and are trained in Acontecimiento. Why can nagas that go through something like this not evolve?

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Because Greeks as described are created as personalities from the beginning, with all the capacity for personal growth that comes with it.

Vedic troopers are Aleph's Aspects, and while they can accumulate battlefield experience it doesn't mean they process it as a person would; it's more like adding more data to their tactical database. It makes them more experienced, but doesn't affect their personality matrix. Thanks to that Aspects are more stable, and don't filter particular situations through personal lens. This is only my theory, mind.

Arlic and xagroth like this.
  10. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

Perhaps they could, but I think the Greeks were designed to a different paradigm. They are purposefully given personalities, to make them better propaganda pieces to the rest of the Human Sphere, and they are intentionally idiosyncratic, to make them more difficult for the EI to predict. Personality is a valuable asset in Steel Phalanx. I feel like Vedic should be the opposite side of the coin. Cold calculating machine logic for the most efficient use of resources. Vedic forces would be used in those situations where personal flair and unpredictability would not be beneficial to the completion of a task. Black Ops, highly supported, where the goal is to get in and get out and leave no trace. Any personal experiences that would add to the effectiveness of an operative, would get upload to the main databanks, and distributed and integrated into all aspects running the same lhost specs.

If Aleph needs personality, it can call on Steel Phalanx. When it doesn't need personality, it would call on Vedic. It makes a certain logical sense to have specialized tools, especially if you have the resources to make sure you always have the right tools for the job.

Arlic, xagroth, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation