1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna speculation

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Wombat85, Feb 18, 2018.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Let's go with "cutting them loose" and maybe giving the major ones an NA2 force?

Stiopa and barakiel like this.
  2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

That's my hope as well.

Stiopa likes this.
  3. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

And loose Joan ???!!!!
    No way!!!

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The way the Church is so intertwined with PanO as a whole makes the Orders breaking off rather unlikely to occur. It’s not impossible, though.

5. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

"last edited 6 months ago"

6. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

They wouldn't so much cut them loose as limit the Vanilla choices to a couple of units, say Father Knight, Joan etc. While everything else that you're not supposed to take in Vanilla ('cus it's either SWC bumped, or simply a worse version of something that already exists) is trimmed entirely.
    (though NA2 is as good a slot as any for MO; especially as StarCo is "not-Nomads, honest!", a "not-PanO" army feels fine)
    I'd especially like to see most of the HI Knights removed from Vanilla to allow some design space for hi-tech PanO HI.

7. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

I could see a Teutonic order break-off if a break had to happen. They might be pretty good with some mercs with smoke or something. A justice-seeking-religeous-thing merc company that has all the "good guy" pmc stuff or something.

8. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, id riot if teutons left pano and only then got smoke

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  9. Make PanO Great Again :P

I can see no Echo-Bravo, Helots and Zulú-Cobra just fine, thanks

@Cartographer , just dont touch my Vainilla Joan, just.......dont

10. Cratesbane

Cratesbane Well-Known Member

You want a Red Veil/Outrage, where all the knights vanish but FK? No thanks. I'd just like most of the profiles to be heavily reworked, if that means exclusive weapons locked to MO like Varuna's Feurbach, so be it. Oh, and a FOOTTS sculpt. Dammit.

And I'm gonna call it right now, Varuna ORC lady character will be sans helmet, short hair, with a tactical rock. Would be nice to have a newer female ORC model with the helmet. Presumably in a SWC box that I'll never use.

11. kanluwen

Really all that needs to happen for a "Military Orders" NA2 is the Knights and Order Sergeants to get moved into their own lists. Add PanO stuff for flavor for the 'major Orders' et voila!

It would free up a lot of space in vanilla and clean up the faction a bit so we can finally have a reasonable measure of where we actually are in some cases.

12. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

or no, because knights are cool and some of us like them.....just sayin

TaHu, colbrook and saint like this.
  13. kanluwen

And I'm sure some people liked JSA as part of Yu Jing...just sayin

You'll notice that my ideas aren't "REMOVE KNIGHTS FROM THE GAME!!!" but rather making them into their own independent faction. Which still jibes pretty heavily with the fluff, since the Fusiliers that they get aren't supposed to be 'active duty' individuals. The Crusader Brethren and Order Sergeants are both supposed to draw from that same pool of people.

It would also make it so that we could keep Knights in the Sectorials that already have them, they'd just NA2 stuff making its way into the lists.

And really, I can't see why people wouldn't be more excited for a Hospitaller specific Sectorial? Or any of the other 'majors'?

Section9 and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  14. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

If cb think that mo need adjustment rather than have a na2 army i think they put it in same spot as merovingian

15. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

lol, you know what amuses me, that people make up all this headcanon to justify knights being in the same situation as JSA.

They arent, they are an integrated part of the PanO military, and they are going to continue to be. thats why each sect gets its MO units

AdmiralJCJF, colbrook and saint like this.
  16. Make PanO Great Again :P

JSA situation was that only some very límited units were used in YJ Vainilla..... MO Is not far from that. (Just dont touch Joan!!!! )
    Also keeping the knights that work in the sectorials is not crazy, its like an Aleph loan

17. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

The difference being knight units are spread through other sectorials in pano not just ninja in iss like it was in yu jing.

You have friars in nca, montesas in acon, hospitallers in slav. And we dont know about varuna.

18. kanluwen

NCA didn't have MO units until the Friars got introduced.
    SAA's only MO units are local Knights.

Let's not pretend for a single damn second that your statement of them being "integrated parts of the PanO military" can't support them being their own NA2 faction as well.
    ALEPH is its own faction and we have parts of that in PanO and YJ. Nomads are their own faction--yet we have StarCo.

19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Gameplay>Fluff, when all is said and done. If CB will figure out, that moving MO from PanO to NA2 will improve the game they'll do it, and came with a fluff justification afterwards. I'm sure many players won't like it. I understand them. For me, my only concern is state of the game and faction after such move.

20. kanluwen

Friars are new. They really do seem to have been introduced to NCA so that people can point at them as the token MO unit in a PanO force.

Nobody is saying to remove those units though. Just making the major Military Orders their own NA2 factions wouldn't actually break the game--and we could finally get an accurate snapshot of how PanO proper is doing without the random MO crutches throwing the balance out.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation