1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna news from Gencon

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Better late then never. lol

chaos11 likes this.
  2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

I dont know if thats enough for me anymore. Ill wait for the profiles but still

3. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Ok, really happy about the swc heavy box, dont think there will be a Kamau box to buy extra.

The Zulu looks like the Order Sargents in that they will have normal or TO options.

Speculation: the Kamau Will link with Ork AND no camo zulu.
    Also, if there is a camo zulu with assault pistol and Spitfire i will be extremly happy

4. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Unless the Zulu dossier is just showing what the design looks like under the poncho, and isn’t indicative of different profiles.

5. daboarder

Warcor

I mean look, the weapon options alone dont mean its bad, we dont know how it all goes together.
    The stuff all just looks worryingly like all teh stuff we already have with a varuna skin

6. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Really strange to me that CQB sectorial brings zero to minimum shotguns and SMGs(only on kamau that won't get a lot of use). However in realities of infinity it may be good. There is still hope for templates that don't get reflected on dossiers.

7. daboarder

Warcor

I dont think varuna will be CQB focused

8. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

Come on... So much negativity already. I think CB have being doing a decent job making their new sectoriales attractive. I don't expect less for Varuna.

Vanilla Pano, NCA and MO getting some love... That's a whole different story.

Myomer, Mikes, ThananRollice and 10 others like this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Problem is that there is (except mayby ORC Feubarach, but ORC will suck improvements like dry sponge) not that much new/ezciting (excet concept arts) in terms of weapons.

Plus what we know is we will be getting dreaded combi+LSG and quite possibly (I personallly bet that we will have it ;/) Combi+Assault Pistol ;/

Alongside all those profiles have you seen an M-MMR or even Breaker MMR ? Seems that new best weapon will still be TAKs T2 MMR (which is crazy weapon when you think about it).

As an side note I really want to be wrong. Like really really.

10. daboarder

Warcor

we'll see

11. rooki1

rooki1 Korean Baccara Bot
    Warcor

Great, the new VIRD seems like an amazing opportunity to provide us with a wider variety of tactical approaches. While other PanO sectorial armys are specialized in fighting the enemy in direct way, the VIRD seems more focused on flanking the enemy around.

And it's really interesting to watch as people respond to new things in a similar way to the Yu Jingese. We've done well without those shiny toys. Now that we have new toys, I will look for ways to exploit our enemies with them.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I can't remember them really doing that outside of the art book(the Hexa had that in the art book but I don't recall the dossier actually showing it). Not saying it's never been done just that I can't remember it.

Given the Spetnaz, Scots Guard, etc--I think it more likely that there's two different profiles.

TaHu and barakiel like this.
  13. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

What if the Zoras are Snchronized with certain troop profiles?
    IMO it would make sense to pair them with aquatic troops. So far I'm quite chuffed to see some aliens (ok more precisely aboriginal creatures) apart from the Mercs in a human army.

14. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I'm still hoping for a MULTI MMR but maybe in a limited availability. Maybe only on the ORC character...
    But I stand to the question: which unit will have a Auxbot?

15. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

It was known for long that Helots will be part of VIRD. But, as they are a militia only, I think that the BS won't be to the same level as Fusiliers and other regular troops.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  16. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Pretty sure Carlos said both Zulu and Helots were Camo troops.

17. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Helots will probably be cheap order ( water ) monkeys, since Kamau is really expensive core infantry. Also perhaps S1, like Kauuri Sentinels. I am kinda sad everyone gets SMG these days (most cost effective and probably OP weapon), except PanO. Yeah that one Kamau profile has it, but none of the infiltrators or AD troops, where this weapon crushes it.

TaHu likes this.
  18. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

It was asked if the Cobra Zulu had TO or ODD. Carlos replied with a shrug. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if they very different roles, in the same manner (but not identical to) Ryuken-9. One stat line, but rules and gear that differ to make them function like different units.

As for the assault pistol presence, that might be assault pistol + marksman rifle (which is quite a good pairing.) Let's have some hope here.

19. daboarder

Warcor

You reckon? Im actually banking on mimetism given the comments on here.

So youd end up with non infiltrating camo in the helots (ie camo hexa)
    Infiltrating mimetism in the zulu (ie mimetism Locust)
    The reskinned Akal/Cursader (ie: an akal with 1 or 2 weapon differences)
    The mimetism+BS13 linetroop (ie, kamau/bagh/nisse)

So yeah, not feeling very hopeful right now im afraid, hope im wrong.

You are right on the weapons though, later releases have re-priced the combi+LSG and the assault pitols may not be on the combi profile.

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, I am somewhat tempted to play Varuna with everything teased.

Comment from a friend of mine: Hey, the Helots look like Abe Sapien from Hellboy!

Because of the epic shitstorm around Uprising?

Gotta manage customer expectations better. Literally could have been handled with a single sentence, about 15sec additional time: "Yeah, 2018 is going to be a rough year for Yu Jing. Wait till you see what's arriving in 2019, though!"

I'm assuming that the ORC Feuerbach is the reduced-SWC LT profile (like the Zuyong HMG Automedic in YJ), gets you to 5.5 or so SWC.

The old Steel Phalanx starter box has all the SWC in the box, since you're adding the SP box to the 4-pack of Myrms. I'm expecting something similar.

You are forgetting the Cutter!

Scots Guards and Spetsnaz, Ryuken-9, Order Sergeants, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

Two distinct tactical roles under the same profile/AVA.

Dragonstriker, Stiopa and paraelix like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation