1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varuna news from Gencon

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Aug 4, 2018.

1. invalideffort

invalideffort Burnt Spektr

I could see them getting a yadu, if these guys are going to be elite Door kicker types a yadu fluffwise would fit, being the OSS’ assault troop.

Shoitaan and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

RIP ORCs

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Actually, Dactyls are a good call.

They haven't made an appearance anywhere else yet so there's another option I hadn't considered before.

And, of course, any of the new units might appear.

... actually this has gotten me thinking about how some ALEPH units might fit into Invincible Army.
    I'll be back.

Stiopa and barakiel like this.
  4. Zelaponeepus

Zelaponeepus Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s actually super likely, but thorakites could fit into that ambiguous little box we have left in the sectorial for a 10-13 point corner guard. This is assuming that fusiliers don’t make an appearance though, and it seems like the sectorial would have a stronger sense of identity with pano line troopers doing the job.

Dactyls would be interesting. They bring some fun gear to the table that could certainly expand the toolset. Would be interesting to see a dactyl paired with a tech bee...

.......and now I’m thinking about repairing a cutter on rolls of 14.

#284 Zelaponeepus, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

I really hope we don't get any Aleph in Varuna. I'd like full varunian flavour not diluted.

Even orcs that are the most vanilla and seen everywhere troop got some new scheme and feels different already than what we are used to see. Add a varunian orc character and some new fireteam options... Oh yeah Varuna flavour baby.

Hell, I don't even want to see fusiliers here. They are just too standard PanO for Varuna.

But that still makes me think... Are we getting a basic troop here a la regulars, order sergeants, fusiliers? What will it be? Just fusiliers? Zulu cobras (non camo profiles)? Helots?

ZC really looks like have a skirmisher equipment, and a core wouldn't be great with marksman rifle or spitfire only. Helots at least have a sniper rifle, but that's it.

6. AdmiralJCJF

ALEPH units are part of the flavour of PanOceanian sectorials. I would be very disappointed indeed if they were absent.

The same applies to Fusiliers, I've been waiting since I started the game for a sectorial which offered them at full availability, and they were (after all) for two editions called "Fusiliers from Varuna".

But I would be very surprised, indeed, if we don't have a core of Kamau.

As well as our Fusiliers.

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Titus, I think you're overestimating waht "Varuna's flavour" is. Basic LI role will be probably split between Fusiliers and Kamau, and presence of Aleph auxiliaries is very probable. First of all it's part of PanO's flavour. It also allows CB to create a functioning sectorial without further inflating vanilla PanO roster. And there's also that minor fact that sharing units between armies makes drawing people into collecting another faction far easier :P

Or a mixed one, given the recent approach.

Shoitaan and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  8. bona

bona Well-Known Member

I don’t see it as mocking. I see it as acknowledging the situation with humor. There will always be priorities, and thus some group will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Generic Pano has a dearth of viable units. I'd like to see no Aleph units in Varuna and no SWC tax on any Varuna units in generic. I want all the new units from Varuna to be available to generic Pano so that after SO MANY long years we can finally have some new units to expand what generic Pano can do.

Nisse2MeetU! likes this.
  10. Stiopa

I'd rather see some of those units in vanilla reworked, so there's less overlap and competition between them.

We have three sectorials and are on the verge of getting a fourth one. That's a lot of units.

11. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Thats a lot of units that are viable only in their sectorial and its by design so I don't see CB changing that anytime soon.

12. Stiopa

Yeah, and we're criticising that design ad nauseam. There are too many units similar to each other. Whatever else Varuna might be, I hope it'll be a breath of fresh air. With different kind of AD troop, different skirmishers, etc. We know that the weapon mix will get quite a refreshment, that's for sure.

Solar, Judge Dredd, Shoitaan and 2 others like this.
  13. Death

Death Well-Known Member

That I am excited about. Finally getting more weapon variety in Pano is great and should have happened sooner.

Stiopa likes this.
  14. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Is it ? Atm. only known things about Varuna is that we are getting our 2nd Feubarach (some could say first as previous costs 99 pts....), and regular camo (with some strange weapons).

15. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

@Stiopa , probably you're right and I was exaggerated about this Varuna flavour.

It's just that I'm really excited about getting a new sectorial, with a design as good as the ones we saw this year.

So I hope it doesn't end up being just meh units similar to the ones we already have, and too Aleph dependant...

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting head first into Aleph this year and I will get all those models for sure. But I just want Varuna to shine on its own.

Fusiliers, I understand they are expected and it would be natural to have fusiliers core. But I'm really concerned about having kamaus overshadowed by them.
    ...(Traumatized by Bolts)

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  16. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

*tries really hard to find the Aleph units in Military Orders*

17. AdmiralJCJF

I don't think we need to worry about a <20pt BS13 Mimetism unit being overshadowed.

Kamau are going to be JUST FINE.

18. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Meanwhile at core mixed myrmidons in varuna (i know its highly improbable but i think it would be a funny way to overshadow kamau)

19. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, you say that, but Myrmidons are never going to bring a MSV 2 Multi-Sniper along for the ride.

That option alone means that Kamau Core (and a Haris) will be popular.

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think an Asura would be a bit problematic in a PanO sectorial.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation