1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varsovian's (mis)adventures in painting

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Varsovian, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Hello!

Continuing my thread from the old forum, I'll be documenting my attempts at painting Infinity minis :)

What came before: I somehow managed to paint a decent Achilles!

achilles1.jpg
    achilles3.jpg
    Lately, I've been focusing on assembling as many minis as possible without painting them (because, you know, I'd actually want to start playing the game some day). Nevertheless, I'm still painting when inspiration strikes me. And so, yesterday, I finally sat down and tried painting the female Hunzakut, which was waiting for her paint job for months now...

The results are... so - so. Most of the mini looks okay, but - once again - I managed to ruin the face (it's not obvious on the photos, but beliefe me - it doesn't look pretty). The skin colour is not what I've been planning, either...

Oh well - you can't win them all. Here are the photos:

hunzakut1.jpg
    hunzakut2.jpg
    hunzakut3.jpg
    hunzakut4.jpg

Attached Files:

taylor and Golem2God like this.
  2. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I don't have any reference to your old stuff, so I can't compare, but I can see that you definitely have good brush control. As for ruining the face - may I ask what paints you are using? I think thinning your paints down quite a bit could really prevent something like that happening in the future.

Balewolf likes this.
  3. Varsovian

Well, I'm using Vallejo Game Colour... and I do thin them. Although I might've forgotten to thin the skin paint for some reason... D'oh!

4. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I usually mix 1:1 water to paint, and 2:1 for the opaque ones. :grin:

5. snikch

snikch Active Member

dont pick the paint right through the bottle.
    you need to mix it with some water, because it looks like a paste put in there

Enviado desde mi ZTE Blade L5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

6. Varsovian

Alright! After a long time of not painting anything (I'm currently more focused on just assembling of models), here's something I've been working for the last few weeks (why that long? My free time was sparse, plus the model turned out to be more challenging than expected - it even fell apart during painting...).

Anyway - the Nomad Meteor (with a Ghulam trooper for scale)!

meteor6.jpg meteor5.jpg meteor4.jpg meteor3.jpg meteor2.jpg meteor1.jpg

It came out... awkward, mostly because I failed to glue it into a perfect symmetrical shape. Also, it's a bit shiny. I know it's supposed to be a metal drone, but I might end up using the matte varnish on it.

Also, please note that this is actually the first model I made with a decorated base. The Ghulam guy has a decorated base, too - but he came second, actually :)

Golem2God and taylor like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation