1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valmiir's Battle Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Valmiir, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

Karmano likes this.
  2. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

#2 Valmiir, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    WiseKensai likes this.
  3. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

I'm assuming you were in 16" - 24" for that Kusanagi versus T2 Kazak fight in Turkey Tussle Game 1. If so, it's not as bad as you might think:

58.18% Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi inflicts 1 or more wounds on Veteran Kazaks (X Visor) (0 W)
    22.26% Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi inflicts 2 or more wounds on Veteran Kazaks (X Visor) (Dead)
    32.79% Neither player succeeds
    09.03% Veteran Kazaks (X Visor) inflicts 1 or more wounds on Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi (Dead)​

If you're running Kusanagi, especially not as a Lt, it seems pretty reasonable to take those odds. You have double the chance of just straight up killing the Kazak than he has of killing you.

Outside of 24" it changes dramatically, so if that was the situation then yeah, that wasn't a great call.

33.60% Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi inflicts 1 or more wounds on Veteran Kazaks (X Visor) (0 W)
    06.67% Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi inflicts 2 or more wounds on Veteran Kazaks (X Visor) (Dead)
    48.85% Neither player succeeds
    17.56% Veteran Kazaks (X Visor) inflicts 1 or more wounds on Reverend Superior Cassandra Kusanagi (Dead)​

In any case, great writeup, thanks for putting in the time! I don't have a lot of Bakunin experience, so it's nice to be able to see what others are doing with them.

Valmiir likes this.
  4. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

@WiseKensai thanks for running the numbers! The exchange was just outside of 24", but it's good to know my instinct to let Kusanagi run wild wasn't too far off.

Playing Bakunin has been a fun challenge. They require a lot of finesse (I've never gotten so much work out of Skirmishers), but seem quite strong this season. Most importantly, they've spared me from having to invest in all the new Tunguska stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

WiseKensai likes this.
  5. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

6. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

@Gunmage Oh, interesting. Nice catch! Seems like that makes impetuous/frenzied HI and TAGs very vulnerable to Hacking.

7. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Great batreps, bud. We miss you out here, but glad you're finding some events. How are you feeling about Bakunin, vs Vanilla, TJC, etc. these days?

8. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

Thanks! I'm definitely missing the steady game nights at Endgame. I can't believe they're closing, I hope you guys are able to find a new place to meet up.

I'm really liking Bakunin. I had intended to play Vanilla Nomads again, but Bakunin was a better fit for this tournament and now I kind of want to keep playing them. I haven't had a chance to try any of the Tunguska stuff, but I want to pepper it into vanilla. Mostly just the obvious choices like the Kriza and the Puppet Master (sans the Puppets).

9. Valmiir

Valmiir Member

Back on December 15th I played in a tournament at Frontline Games in Clarksville, Tennessee. I used my (vanilla) Combined Army with great success. Sadly, I did not take very many pictures, but hopefully my battle reports are still entertaining.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation