1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of Sat lock

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by ChoTimberwolf, Jan 22, 2018.

1. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

So yesterday I took Zoe&Pi and vertigo with me, enemy was Ariadna with Wallace I had first turn, came to the "awesome" concluson lets just walk Pi there mark someone near wallace and then shoot the whole group out of assistance...neat idea right? Not really walked there had around 6 orders left, then declared sat-lock I get -6 so rolling on the 7 while he could roll on the 11. I used a bunch of orders always succesful but not crit he simply rolled higher than me. But even if I had marked him it wouldn't have been necessarily great because when first rolling for my guided smart missile, good chance of succeding but now he can dodge and then rolling armor...way to many orders for a small chance of succeding.

My conclusion sat locks only use is in the reactive turn, hide that PI discover markers which are walking by. But I could also just use sensor for that, so is sat lock actually useful for anything? Did I miss something?

2. ChoTimberwolf

Actually just saw would have been mor effective to use Pis Repeater for Zoe and declare Spotlight....thats only a -3 and Zoe got better WIP

3. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

If you want to sat locl someone take EVO hacker to avoid the -6 malus, or it will be a waste of orders.

4. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

SatLock can't be done in ARO though.
    Further it is one of the two attacks you're allowed execute against (TO) Camo markers. If successful the camoed trooper will be targeted and discovered at once.

5. Blindside

Blindside Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This!
    So the TO or Camo Dude has to decide if he wants to reset = not be targeted but revealed OR gets maybe targeted plus discovered in 1 Order, you put a lot of pressure with a single Order into your opponent. :)

Also as mentioned above: Evo is the Toy you are looking for, with this, you can have lots off fun with PI plus the Meteor Zond Sat-Locking your opponent.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. ChoTimberwolf

Thanks for clearing it up for me so its only really useful against camo units ;)

7. xenos

xenos Member

Hey Chotimerwolf,

that is my expericence too. However, in my oppinion the sat-log + guided missile combo eats to many orders and additionally, if you decide to use EVO to increase impact, it is too exensive (in points) too.

ChoTimberwolf and Robock like this.
  8. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

For my expirience with Yu Jing ( we have mineslayer kanren that help a lot) using sat-lock is not that bad. The problem is, you can't focus all list in this combo and you need some spam. It work better in misions focused on killing or in misions with not too much objectives, supplies for example.

These what cost a basic sat lock pack on Yu Jing, don't know at other factions.
    [​IMG] Basic sat-lock──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]4 [​IMG] KǍNRÈN Minador Escopeta de Abordaje, Chain-colt, Sniffer / Pistola, Arma CC Monofilo, Cuchillo. (0 | 27)[​IMG] PANGGULING Hacker (Disp. de Hacker EVO) Pulso Eléctrico. (0.5 | 25)[​IMG] Yaókòng WÈIBĪNG Fusil Combi, Sniffer / Pulso Eléctrico. (0 | 16)[​IMG] Yaókòng SON-BAE Lanzamisiles Inteligente / Pulso Eléctrico. (1.5 | 18) 2 CAP | 86 PuntosAbrir en Infinity Army

9. ChoTimberwolf

Thanks, it was a fun game 2 vs 2 with everyone 200pts and I wanted to try out Zoe and Pi saw his Sat Lock und decided to take a vertigo too. We had first round one enemy had Wallace...who else could be lt so thought he could sat lock him und let him start in Loss of Lt, he was to well hidden for normal attacks but Pi was fast...forgot he could reset I even attacked the guy with wip 11 next to him...should have used Zoes Spotlight instead but still that lost us the game if it succeded it may have won us the game, was a gamble that I lost

10. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

It can be done in Bakunin, with hilarious effects (groups need a bit of work though). This would be 16 regular orders and gives you the choice of dumping missiles, grenades or e/m after pi well or the meteor sat locks / fo:s someone. You can squeeze it to 20 regular orders with some work as well, but I like having the moira there for e/m.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG] VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)[​IMG] METEOR ZOND Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)[​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL undefined. (0 | 47) [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28) [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)[​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 34)[​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)[​IMG] MODERATOR Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)[​IMG] MODERATOR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)[​IMG] MODERATOR MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)[​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)[​IMG] MODERATOR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3[​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)[​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)[​IMG] SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)[​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)[​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)[​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)[​IMG] ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)[​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3) 6 SWC | 298 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  11. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

One other thing to consider if you take an EVO hacking device is that since you can now coordinated hack, you can land spotlight a lot more regularly. This is what I have done in missle lists since I have also had the experience that sat-lock is a little rough.

12. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

Sat-lock, spotlight or just any ole hacking program is my go-to solution for breaking suppressive fire by the way. You either get to do it on a normal roll, or they reset and at least you got them out of suppressive fire. Just zip pi well up close and out of lof.

ChoTimberwolf, loricus and DukeofEarl like this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

One way to think about Sat-Lock is this; it reveals and targets if you succeed the WIP roll.

Now it's a Comms attack, so they can Reset. But if they Reset, they are revealed! And are you just going to take the risk and let them roll against WIP 13 to reveal and target without opposition? A lot of the time people will take the Reset option to stop themselves being tagged with a missile, and at that point you're halfway there. So in a sense, Sat-Lock when you have an EVO around means that when you would use Sensor, use that instead, and you'll probably reveal them anyway, but even if you fail your WIP roll, you might have got what you wanted anyway.

Plus if you win then now you can just frag them! Yay!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation