1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of Command token/LoL timing question

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Greif9, May 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greif9

Greif9 New Member

I'm relatively new to this game, so if this is obvious or has been answered, please forgive me. I have looked but didn't find an answer to this.

If my Lieutenant is a TAG and becomes possessed, the rules state that I can spend a command token to cancel that state before the order count. Can I do this before checking for Loss of Lieutenant?

The text of the rule state that the spending of the command token is done before the order count phase, does this mean immediately before or at any point in your tactical phase before?

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

This is unfortunately an area where the precise wording of the rules is unclear, and it has not been addressed in a FAQ.

In order to make the experience less punitive, I would recommend allowing the command token to be spent before the LoL check.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome!

This is answered in FAQ 1.9 (red text was added in 1.9 to the previous entry)
    https://assets.infinitythegame.net/downloads/faqs/en/v1.9/faqs.pdf

Q: If you use a Command Token to cancel the Possessed state of a TAG, when during the Tactical Phase is the Possessed state cancelled?
    A: Before the Order count, but after the Loss of Lieutenant check

inane.imp, Greif9 and toadchild like this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

inane.imp likes this.
  5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

inane.imp, Greif9 and toadchild like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation