1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USAriadna Vs Aleph "Acquisition"

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Minass, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Minass

Minass New Member

Welcome, new in the forum here!

First of all I want to apologize about my english level.

I have only played introduction games on 150p 3cap and next week I'll start playing full game, Mission Adquisition vs Aleph, he will include 99% chance Achiles.

I made a list with a lot of funny stuff, the 2 ariborne with Van Zant, 6 camo tokens, defensive sniper core, katyusha... Maybe I'm too greedy.

I'm not sure if it will work, so I will apreciate some opinion, maybe remove HMG on grunts and ad another sniper... In adittion I'm not sure of the order distribution.

[​IMG] USAriadna Ranger Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] GRUNT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    [​IMG] GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GRUNT Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    [​IMG] AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] AIRBORNE RANGER Molotok / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] VAN ZANT AP Rifle / Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 38)
    [​IMG] FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 11)
    [​IMG] HARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Thanks!

#1 Minass, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

Van Zant is a fine trooper, but against the abundance of good melee troops, 360° visors and Nanopulsers of Aleph he tends to struggle, unless your opponent is terrible at deploying his units and lets you pick his cheerleaders off one by one.

I'd rather pick the Unknown Ranger or a Blackjack and make him your Datatracker to hold the middle objective and put less emphasize on drop troops.

Your approach of taking lots of Foxtrots and a Katyusha is absolutely viable though and you should keep them.

I like the composition of your Grunt team and I used it as well this way alot, but using 4 Snipers and a Paramedic or Rosie tends to pay off more unless your battlemap is full with terrain pieces and without any LoFs into the opposing side.

Achilles himself is basically a hard counter to everything USAriadna can do and your best chance against him is a strong linkteam, long range weapons (Sniper Rifles and Heavy Rocket Launchers) and fire weapons (Flame Throwers and Heavy Rocket Launchers) to burn away his ODD (in case he's not running the Mimetism variant). A Marauder Core is the best choice thanks to their MSV1s but a Grunt Core with 4 Sniper Rifles (and maybe Rosie) should do the trick as well. Once Achilles is down these fights tend to become easy cleanup jobs and I'd focus all my ressources on bringing him down.

Just last week I was facing Achilles, Phoenix and Ajax in a league mission myself, but this list took care of them suprisingly easy and the game was basically over after my first turn:

[​IMG] Liga

[​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Lieutenant Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] MINUTEMAN (Marksmanship L1, X-Visor) AP Rifle, 2 Light Flamethrowers / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] BLACKJACK AP HMG, Chest Mines, D.E.P. / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 36)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#2 Commoner1, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  3. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Foxtrots are a good bet, aleph (generic or steel phalanx) aren't a fan of mines, they counter a lot of their abilities.

Flamers are good to try and burn off ODD to mimetism, shoot through smoke etc and are extremely scary to aleph.

Personally I find Desperados and devil dogs are particularly good being a mixture of speed, smoke and chain rifles.

4. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

Rosie would be a good choice for this. Cheap LRL in a grunt link has a good chance of burning off the ODD.

5. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Welcome to the game, mate!
    Most Achilleus armies will stuggle mightyly once you successfully bring down Big A. My advice is: throw everything at him and kill him dead. The rest of the opposing army will not be a problem for USAriadna.
    Now killing him in a firefight is extremely difficult. High BS, ODD/ARM6 W3 and a Spitfire makes him a more than formidable gunfighter. You can try to outrange him with a sniper but chances are high your opponent will hide him (or support him with smoke) well to avoid your snipers.
    I think your AD troopers are stuck in the middle. They are an overkill to hunt cheerleaders down but not tough enough to kill Achilleus. Drop 'em!
    Your best chance is cheating. Template weapons, fire and shock is scary for Aleph players.
    Consequently mines and heavy flamethrowers are pretty effective against him. Your infiltrating Grunts are a fine investment. They will hinder the advance of Achilleus greatly (your opponent will not be able to ignore them, and will have to spend precious orders to kill them, othervise you can send them hunting cheerleaders down).
    Fielding a healthy amount of camo also pays off. Your opponent will have to discover them from afar (either hope he will fail or deploy a mine); or have to come dangerously close to make an intuitive attack. Camo markers destroy your opponent's order pool like Hell... And your opponent will not have a huge order pool to begin with.
    A nuisance: you should put all four Foxtrots in the same group. You can make a coordinated order to drop four mines and then a second coordinated order to recamo all four Foxtrots.
    Last but not least: SMOKE!!!
    Achilleus has no MSV2. Smoke the guy up and he will be a lame duck just like anybody else... Desperados are cheap as chips, Chain Rifle, double AssPiss, SMG - all fine weaponry!

6. Minass

Minass New Member

Thanks all for your advice.

I want to play camo, fire, and smoke too, but is hard to build a list with all of that, probably I will play something like @Commoner1list but with a pair of desperadoes for smoke.

Maybe sacrificing the Ohio, even i love the combo AP, shock (Marksmanship), visor x.

[​IMG] Liga

[​IMG] MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER Lieutenant Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] MARAUDER (Multispectral Visor L1) Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] BLACKJACK AP HMG, Chest Mines, D.E.P. / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 36)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Or 1 Desperadoes and the 4th Foxtrot (not FO by 1 point or desperadoes without assault pistol)

[​IMG] Liga

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] FOXTROT Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Next week I will explain how it work.

#6 Minass, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation