1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USARF list advice - Panic Room/Supremacy/Rescue (SpecOps)

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by theomc, May 31, 2022.

1. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Local tournament next month is the three listed missions. Toying around with using USARF, just for fun (having trouble seeing them as competitive, but you never know...)

This is the first list I came up with for Panic Room and maybe one of the other scenarios (not sure which...) and was looking for advice.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    UNKNOWN RANGER AP Spitfire, Chain-colt / Heavy Pistol, T2 CC Weapon. (1 | 47)
    WILD BILL Contender / MULTI Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    ROSIE Light Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    GRUNT INTEL (Infinity Spec-Ops) (BS:12, PH:11, WIP:12, ARM:3, Marksmanship, Chain-colt, AP Sniper Rifle) Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    GRUNT (Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 11)
    GRUNT (Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 11)
    DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (0 | 6)
    DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (0 | 6)
    MAVERICK AP Spitfire / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 27)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    MINUTEMAN (NCO) AP Heavy Machine Gun / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 35)
    MAVERICK (Forward Observer) Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    GRUNT (Lieutenant) Rifle, Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol(+1B), Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 6)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

- The Unknown Ranger link is pretty straightforward I think... adds the SpecOps Grunt with T2 rifle and Marksmanship to take out tough things in cover that UR can't handle with his AP spitfire (though I'm debating swapping out for an AP Sniper rifle instead to cover range bands...)
    - I know Infiltration isn't great in Panic Room, but I figure with 3 grunts I can hopefully get one into the room and another can just be the 5th man in the core link
    - I think everything else is pretty self-explanatory, Devil Dogs to run around and kill things, Mavericks to run around and kill things, a Minuteman to HMG and kill things...

2. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Depends what you're trying to achieve really, the unknown ranger is gonna be doing the majority of the shooting in that link so I'd be tempted to run the specops as more of a support character tbh.
    You can boost WIP, take doctor/engineer/em mines etc all on one platform and it adds more utility to the team and allows you to cover off more classifieds.
    Your secondary shooter is going to be wild Bill so treat him to the rifle, the burst and marksmanship lets him bully light infantry

3. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Played three games with the list this weekend and had a blast.

First game was Frontline against 012. One Devil Dog team ran the board, killing a Gamma and Epislon-sniper before dying to weight of fire (getting to the Epsilon left the team in the open on a rooftop). Other Devil Dog team hung back and made a late charge that took out his Omega. Minuteman mostly just held the middle down with his HMG and the URanger Core link swept up (the SpecOps actually killed a tough unit with her T2 rifle!) To be fair my opponent was a new player and basically playing with just what was in the O12 box, but still felt like the list was solid. Several units never even saw much action (Mavericks, Foxtrot, and weirdly the Infiltrating Grunts)

Second game was Supplies against Ikari and much tougher. I won Lt. roll, but for some reason took Deployment instead of going first. I mostly null deployed but left Grunts, and camo'd Foxtrot covering supplies. Opponent killed two of mine (grunt and foxtrot), but I think I killed three of his in response. He got one supply, but then died to a long shot from the Minuteman HMG. Unfortunately he dropped the crate on my weak side, covered by a Rui Shi, so I pretty much had to just let that one go. I spent my whole first turn running the Unk Ranger link up the middle, grabbing one crate (at this point I'd swapped out the SpecOps for one with Doc+Eng+WIP 15) then swinging to my right, grabbing a second and then falling back as far as I could. Ikari spent the next two turns chasing me down and slowly whittling me down, but USARF is shockingly resilient, so I was able to whether a shocking amount of fire (some lucky armor rolls helped). By game end he had two crates, I had one and we'd each got one classified, so I think it was 4-3 him. Really good fight and he's a good opponent, so was pretty happy with that outcome for my second game ever with USARF.

Third game was Quad Control against JSA. JSA took Init and alpha-striked a Mushashi link that devastated my right flank pretty hard (lost a couple grunts, spitfire maverick, Rosie and SpecOps, who was my only Doc/Eng) with nothing to show for it. Tried to countercharge with a Devil Dog team, not realizing just how insane Mushashi was in CC, so they died. Finally got Unk Ranger into good spitfire range and killed him, but took my entire first turn. Fortunately JSA kinda stalled after that. A Rui Shi moved up my left, but ran into another H Flamer Grunt that weathered his spitfire twice and burned the Rui Shi down twice. He had some long range shots, but I was mostly able to avoid them with smoke or just staying behind cover. A Maverick wound up holding one of his zones, Minuteman held one of mine, and the remains of the Unk Ranger Core held my other. We only got through two turns before venue closed down, but I think I had a solid lead/win.

Overall that's some of the best performance I've ever had out of first-timing a new army and I was shocked and surprised at how well they did (it was just friendly play, but still). List-wise, I switched the SpecOps to a Doc/Eng button-pusher and I think I'll swap out the Minuteman for Maverick w/AP spitfire and some upgrades to other unit. Just think a solo with AP HMG is too much of a target and not quite tough enough (AV3, BTS0, 1 wound) to justify the points. I'd rather have a mobile AP spitfire (with same AV/BTS/W) that I can hide if I have to.

#3 theomc, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Ariadna1188 and burlesford like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation